Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC08 will become famous soon enough
Default Which will eliminate backlogs?

With so many proposals and so many amendments to the so many proposals ( ), which one would actually (or at least help to) eliminate the current backlogs (i.e., make the priority date current)?

We should make sure that any bill that potentially becomes a law will resolve the current retrogression issue (instead of making it worse).

So before we decide the bill to support, can anyone tell which bill will eliminate retrogression? Maybe we can categorize all the bills into the following types:

1. Will definitely eliminate retrogression if the bill becomes law

2. May eliminate retrogression or may make it worse if the bill becomes law

3. Will definitely make retrogression worse if the bill becomes law

4. Will have no impact on retrogression if the bill becomes law

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jamesingham is on a distinguished road

As far as I know, nothing that is being considered in the Senate is going to relieve the Green Card backlog.

They have plans to eliminate the backlog in 5 to 8 years not immediately. So if one chooses not to re-apply under the new point based system, waiting time doesnt change much for him. (It may be become worse because they are cutting down immigrant visas in EB category from 130k to 90k)

But if one decides to re-apply under the new point based system, things may become faster.

I am hoping that under the new system, they will give some priority to people who already waited for a significant amount of time under the old system.

This is just my analysis based on the articles I read on the internet and the bill text itself.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default backlog

they are decreasing from 140,000 to 90,0000....

note that even though this bill is just not good enough for relief that fact is that the number of GC available to a backlogged country like india goes up about 150% under the new 190,000...this does not include the 14,000 additional numbers from the MBS.

Why?
only for backlog, so no EB1 (28.6%) and no EB2 except india and china. also country quota increased to 10%
so available numbers eg india increase from 5,600 to 9,000 (+14,000 MBS)

i put up a detailed calculation for this earlier on somewhere
search for it if you are really interested.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!