Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam
Look, i sympathize with you but you SHOULD HAVE poured in some money to start a parallel PERM application ..... PERM started from APR 2005 - you got almost 2 years +

My case is also like you but my Labor was 2 years old and applied just
before PERM and it went straightway to Phily Backlog center ... I thought
of applying for a Parallel PERM but mine was a RIR ( quicker) and Phily was saying that they would clear all Backog by SEP 2007 ( another 2 months)

Did you check your status in Backlog tracker ??

http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/
Sometimes it does not depend on you, I am in Backlog due to my company's lawyer does not want to file for PERM . Anyway I am changing jobs and starting again but this time with PERM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice
Default u can get it translated and notarized by translation agency...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeev_2004
My birth certificate is in Hindi and i am not able to get in english. How i can translate my hindi birth certificate in english. Can a layer do that any other place in india. what is procedure of translation. any format or some thing?

OR

Can i show Affidavits of birth from my brothers but my only one brother is more then 5 years older. how can i solve this issue. and what is format of “Non-Availability Certificate” affidavits.
thanks.
... i did this for some uni diplomas - cost me around $200. just do a google/ yellow book search

Old 06-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

Yes, certainly your wife can apply for I-485, that has nothing to do with your whether your wife is on F-1 or H-1.
Her H,F etc. status continues independently of the Adjustement of Status petition. (Yes she can file even while in F-1 as she is not the primary beneficiary but your dependent for I-485)

Infact as soon as your wife get's her I-485 receipt, she is legally in status even if she loses her F, H etc. status.

Moreover I can say all this since I know someone who is an exact similar situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvinay
Hello All:

It is great that the dates have become current and many of our friends here at IV can apply for 485. Congratualtions!!! to all that can apply.

I am in a dilemma and don’t know what to do:

My LC has been approved PR 02/10/05
My I-140 is pending.

I know I can file for 485 but my wife is on F1 – OPT and is working she has applied for a H1 and will get it because of Master’s quota but will not be effective till October, 2007. Can I file 485 now even though she is on F1?

I have two choices, either wait till October 2007 or cancel the H1 go to Mexico and get a H4 stamp for my wife and apply for 485. Please advise what I should do. Thanks!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nath.exists can only hope to improve
Default can my wife's name be added later after i apply for 485

My pd is jan 2005 and i was waiting for the dates to become current.I am not married and will most probably get married by this year end[parents in the process of searching matches].my dilemma is whether to apply for 485 now or not.can i add my wife's name later on while the 485 is in the final stages of the process[say an year after the process began] or just before the green card is being dispatched etc so that both of us can get green cards.i dont want to miss this chance because i seriously feel that the dates might retrogress again.but if i apply and get a green card u all know how many years it will take to get wife to usa in family based immigration.somebody please clear my doubt.Thank you

Old 06-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice
Default answer to the question about lottery and further backlogs

some of you asked about repercussions of this sudden forward movement. i am not a lawyer or anything but I think the processing time for employment based 485 in Nebraska Center will move back from Aug 13, 2006 (
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=NSC
).

I dunno... may be by a year I guess (again total speculation - I am not a lawyer or an USCIS expert).

also according to (http://www..com/usa-immigrat...ers/i485-graph) current processing times by recent approval dates seem to be between 250 to 350 days range (disclaimer: there are other ways to analyze this).

Last edited by manderson; 06-14-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramvinay is on a distinguished road

Thank you all very much for answering my question , I feel much better now.
Just a quick follow up.
I am assuming she can continue to work on her OPT till we get our EAD cards or her H1?
Thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment
Yes, certainly your wife can apply for I-485, that has nothing to do with your whether your wife is on F-1 or H-1.
Her H,F etc. status continues independently of the Adjustement of Status petition. (Yes she can file even while in F-1 as she is not the primary beneficiary but your dependent for I-485)

Infact as soon as your wife get's her I-485 receipt, she is legally in status even if she loses her F, H etc. status.

Moreover I can say all this since I know someone who is an exact similar situation.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nageshwarraoj is on a distinguished road
Default What is next?

My I-140 is approved and already filed I-485. Finger Printing completed twice and Medical also completed. My PD is Sept 2005 filed at Texas. Texas Processing completed for I-485 shows Sept.2006. This means my processing is completed and now the PD is current can I expect the Green Cards ....what is next??

Please reply

Nag

Old 06-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iwantlabor is on a distinguished road
Default Out of my control..

My company does not allow us to pay for our own labor. It is against the law. My company was not doing new perm labors for people who had already applied in regular processing.

Coming to present situation, my company attorneys are so overloaded with labor work that they have become very slow in responding. Now it will be even worse since everybody will be applying for 485. I feel they have created a choas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam
Look, i sympathize with you but you SHOULD HAVE poured in some money to start a parallel PERM application ..... PERM started from APR 2005 - you got almost 2 years +

My case is also like you but my Labor was 2 years old and applied just
before PERM and it went straightway to Phily Backlog center ... I thought
of applying for a Parallel PERM but mine was a RIR ( quicker) and Phily was saying that they would clear all Backog by SEP 2007 ( another 2 months)

Did you check your status in Backlog tracker ??

http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/

Old 06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm sorry if my answer was rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingegarcia
Sometimes it does not depend on you, I am in Backlog due to my company's lawyer does not want to file for PERM . Anyway I am changing jobs and starting again but this time with PERM.
I understand your pain ( in fact i also could have been like you with BACKLOG LC clearing in SEP 30th ) .... Company dont want to file PERM because they can get you trapped for longer time !

My company didn't do a EB2 filing for me secretively so that i remain chained
with them longer - But now everything is current....

Lets hope your LC comes by the time PD remains Current.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Default Everybody is current

Congratulations to all. This looks like a miracle.

All
Charge-ability
Areas
Except
Those
Listed
CHINA-
mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Employ-ment
-Based

1st C C C C C
2nd C C C C C
3rd C C C C C

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3258.html

Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jazzy2 is on a distinguished road
Default And We Thought Uscis Is Going To Fleece Us With The Fee Increase

Now i wonder, why would the USCIS want everyone to file before July 30th 2007. when they could have waited for a month and got all the extra money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever
Congratulations to all. This looks like a miracle.

All
Charge-ability
Areas
Except
Those
Listed
CHINA-
mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Employ-ment
-Based

1st C C C C C
2nd C C C C C
3rd C C C C C

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3258.html

Old 06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Compare
raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold
Default Two I-485 application for one person

With the good news of all numbers current, both I and my wife's dates are current and eligible for filing I485.

1. In my application, can I include my wife as spouse for adjustment of status? And In my wife's application, can I include myself as spouse?

I am trying to do this to make sure if anything goes wrong in any one of our application, I can depend on the other one.

2. If I get an EAD based on my wife's application, can we both switch jobs after 180 days and take advantage of AC21? I read in some forums that I can, but the primary application (my wife) has to work for the same company until we get I485 approved.

Thanks for your answers in advance

Old 06-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nareshg is on a distinguished road
Default Birth Certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson
... i did this for some uni diplomas - cost me around $200. just do a google/ yellow book search
Maybe one can get a birth certificate from Consulate General of India here in the US ?

Here is a link to the one in SFO...and it talks of applying for the birth certificate...

http://www.cgisf.org/visa/indian_services.html#mis-bc

http://www.cgisf.org/

Old 06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nareshg is on a distinguished road

Maybe one can get a birth certificate from Consulate General of India here in the US ?

Here is a link to the one in SFO...and it talks of applying for the birth certificate...

Old 06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Compare
raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold
Default Birth Certificate From Consulate Is Not Accepted

BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM CONSULATE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. YOU HAVE TO GET ONE FROM YOUR HOME COUNTRY OR GET AN AFFIDAVIT FROM PARENTS OR RELATIVES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshg