Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough
Default Message from IV Core Team -14 June 07

Dear IV Members

- We would like to take this opportunity to communicate with our members that we are on top of the recent proceedings, including the Department of State Visa Bulletin developments on making EB numbers current AS WELL AS the rejuvinated push by the Senate to revive the Immigration Bill. We are cognizant of the fact that several of you are anxious to know what's next.

- Please be advised that, at this time, we are fully engaged, and are evaluating the various amendments that may continue to be part of the Immigration Bill. We are currently analyzing the impending turn of events that will lead to retrogression in the months to come.

- The struggle is not over. Please continue to look out for several new "IV Action Alerts" in the days to come.

We should keep our focus:

- The concerns raised by some members on some threads are very valid and we cannot turn a blind eye to the events happening.

- In the sudden burst of happiness we should not forget that the real problem ---'retrogression' still prevails.

- CIR is very much in the picture and it has provisons that will hurt us. Lot of us will also realize now the pain of
  • NameCheck
  • EAD /AP renewals
  • 485 Backlogs

Let us not wait until after few months when visa dates will move back to realize that we are still not out of the mess.

At that time, it maybe too late for any new bill to pass. And if CIR passes in its current form, goes to the house and our members do not do anything, we will all have to wait for another 1.5 years for any new immigration bill to be taken up, if any. So let us not lose sight of the big battle in front of us. Let us take the current visa bulletin as a good respite for us after a tough battle on CIR in the last few weeks.

Let us also not forget our fellow members that are still stuck in BECs or have still not got their PERM labor yet.
  • Note:
Let us not forget our members who were unfortunate to restart their greencard process all over again after they discontinued their previous job. Let us not forget our members who had already applied for 485 few years ago and are still waiting for their greencards and do not know how this surge in 485s is going to affect everyone now. Each one of us has been and is going to be affected by retrogression in the months to come.

In order for us to continue this struggle, do continue with the support you have all given to IV and keep contactiing the media, lawmakers and your friends. And do not forget, in order to continue this mission we need funds too. Do continue your contributions so that we do not have to ask our members at the 11th hour or be in a situation in the coming months when we may have to cut down on our efforts at a critical time for lack of enough funds.

Please be watchful of all the events happening. Experienced members and members who have already filed their 485 please help others by answering their questions so that we can all quickly file our 485s and get back to the large scale community effort to get rid of retrogression.

We understand that everyone is busy filing for I485. Filing 485 as soon as possible should be the priority of our members at this time. Please help each other by answering questions so that this important work is done soon.

Please do not lose sight of this important aspect of our work- lobbying and working to end retrogression. While we will not actively push for funding drive on other threads since everyone is busy, we will be thankful to everyone who contributes. CIR is not going to wait until everyone files for 485 and thus IV core cannot ignore the lobbying work while we are ourselves busy filing our I485s.

Together we will succeed

Thanks

IV team

Last edited by sertasheep; 06-18-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future

We are with you. Please continue your good work....
+ Donation
-----------------------
Arrived Aug 14th 1999
Working from 2003
PD Feb 2007
I-485 Applied:08/02/07
I-485 Approval revived: Aug 14th 2011

GREENED after 12 years

Old 06-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about
Default thanks & we are with you

thanks for keeping us posted & the re assurance that IV is still actively engaged in the fight.
With you all the way !

Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default begining of end

As I understand this is begining of end . The end itself is gonna last more than 6 years so we will be around here for a long time at IV...

Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Compare
nc14 is on a distinguished road

Thanks IV. We appreciate you being there with us/for us.

.................................................. ..........
$200 + $20 recurring

Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think any of the members have forgotten that the CORE is working on the cause relentlessly.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 06-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Thank you core

Thank you core for the leadership and dedication.

PD - May 2004

Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future

Yes, thank you so much for providing this forum. I really, really appreciate it.

Regards,

Ams

$$$ Contributions:
$560 in one time contributions

Old 06-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks for all your dedication and hard work!

Don't worry, we are with you till the end.
Keep up the good work.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of

Thank you. continue the good work. This bill can cause lot of harm to us even after we have filed 485.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2004
Compare
senthil can only hope to improve
Arrow no compare

for all the work thats been done and undergoing by core team and members.

stop NOT till the goal is reached. lets go

Old 06-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
velan is on a distinguished road
Default We are with you.

Keep going IV, we are following you.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the update....i agree we are not oever with this jsut becuase we are able to file for 485....since who knows how long we are gonna get stuck NOW with these huge back logs for 485.....oh man..does thisever end..

$200 so far

Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold
Default Thank you

Yes, we are with you.. Let us know all action items.

Guys, please don't forget your real fight.. This is just temp relief and don't make that forget your main cause.

We should try very hard this time.

Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

from immi law .com as to reason why all visa #'s are current

The State Department states that they allocated a large number of EB-2 and EB-3 visas because of the USCIS I-140 and I-485 backlogs and because if the visa numbers are not used before the end of the fiscal years, some of them can be wasted. Assuming that the USCIS may continue their current processing times and backlogs in I-140 and I-485, the EB-2 and EB-3 may continue to remain current. However, it is just a speculation and risky to rely on such speculation when one handles his/her immigrant status