Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prdgl is on a distinguished road
Default Can july VB cutoff date move backwards ?

NOw that all the category has been made current.

But will the next VB make the date to move backwards and make someone getting their LC approved in july to wait for a long time ????

looking for some replies....

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wizard20740 has a spectacular aura about wizard20740 has a spectacular aura about wizard20740 has a spectacular aura about

Move backwards? You mean immediately.

VISA bulletins are released every month by BCIS and the next one will be released in 2nd week of July and will be applicable for the month of Aug 2007.

So the current bulletin should be valid till July 31st. It wont move "backwards" atleast till this date.

Anything may happen after this date. But based on BCIS predictions in the July07 bulletin, the current status may last till Aug 31st.
My Pledge : $50 monthly (atleast)
My contribution till date : $450

Old 06-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold
Default Its possible

I got this from www.immigration-law.com. Looks like the dates in the bulletin aren't guaranteed to stay current for the entire month.

06/16/2007: Unskilled Worker EB Category Visa Exhausted Even in June 2007
  • This is a truly bizzare news. AILA has reported that State Department had advised the the USCIS that the EB-3 Other Worker category had been exhausted., and based on this advice, thedUSCIS HQ has informed the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center to reject EB-3 Other Worker I-485 applications even though the June Visa Bulletin shows visa availability. It is indeed a double blow news to the Unskilled Worker community. AILA is looking into legality of this action.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of
Default You are not reading it right

Look at the post again - it says EB-3 Other Worker. You shouldn't be worried about EB3 category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akred
I got this from www.immigration-law.com. Looks like the dates in the bulletin aren't guaranteed to stay current for the entire month.

06/16/2007: Unskilled Worker EB Category Visa Exhausted Even in June 2007
  • This is a truly bizzare news. AILA has reported that State Department had advised the the USCIS that the EB-3 Other Worker category had been exhausted., and based on this advice, thedUSCIS HQ has informed the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center to reject EB-3 Other Worker I-485 applications even though the June Visa Bulletin shows visa availability. It is indeed a double blow news to the Unskilled Worker community. AILA is looking into legality of this action.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_gc
Look at the post again - it says EB-3 Other Worker. You shouldn't be worried about EB3 category.
I realize that. However its the operational procedure that counts. If they are able to do this for EB-3 OW, then nothing stops them from using the same operating procedure for the other categories.