Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of
Default Got GC. Online Case status unreliable in my case

Got the cards in the mail. My online case status says the application is still pending.

Folks (those whose PDs are current this month),

Check with your attorney, in your mail boxes along with the online USCIS case status. You may get the good news in your mail box or from your attorney's office before your status is updated online.

This is what my attorney had to say:

The USCIS online status system is maintained by contract workers and is often inaccurate.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb_248 View Post
Got the cards in the mail. My online case status says the application is still pending.

Check with your attorney, in your mail boxes along with the online USCIS case status. You may get the good news in your mail box or from your attorney's office before your status is updated online.

The USCIS online status system is maintained by contract workers and is often inaccurate.
Thanks for starting this. I am in same boat, i called TSC and the IO told me my case was approved on 9/4/09 and i have an LUD on 9/4/09 however online status says case pending. I asked that to the IO and she says she does not know about the online status but in there system it is approved. I did that after i received a call from an IO from local field office ( i went for Infopass last week at local office) informing that my and my wife's cases were approved on 9/4/09.
I am hoping to get the cards as have to travel to India next week. The IO in Texas advised me to get the Passport stamped.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxg View Post
Thanks for starting this. I am in same boat, i called TSC and the IO told me my case was approved on 9/4/09 and i have an LUD on 9/4/09 however online status says case pending. I asked that to the IO and she says she does not know about the online status but in there system it is approved. I did that after i received a call from an IO from local field office ( i went for Infopass last week at local office) informing that my and my wife's cases were approved on 9/4/09.
I am hoping to get the cards as have to travel to India next week. The IO in Texas advised me to get the Passport stamped.
Bump! Anyone in same situation? What steps you took if any?

Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, A colleague case is similar to yours. Got his "Welcome" mail via USPS, Online status still show as pending, but only difference, his case is EB3, not EB2. I-485 filed during the July rush, both the primary applicant and the spouse got the welcome notice via USPS mail. LUD seems to be in August sometime. The online status is not really reliable. Still shows as case received and pending. PD is July '04. He is not sure, and his consulting his attorney, if any action required on his side. Not sure, this is a exception or more cases like this.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxg View Post
I am in India already, both my H1B and AP expires in few weeks. Waiting for the God damn mail to reach home so my buddy can fedex to india.

How many have got the physical mails already?

Old 09-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default Strange

Is he EB-3 India, His PD is not even current. He must have ported to EB2..I guess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
Yes, A colleague case is similar to yours. Got his "Welcome" mail via USPS, Online status still show as pending, but only difference, his case is EB3, not EB2. I-485 filed during the July rush, both the primary applicant and the spouse got the welcome notice via USPS mail. LUD seems to be in August sometime. The online status is not really reliable. Still shows as case received and pending. PD is July '04. He is not sure, and his consulting his attorney, if any action required on his side. Not sure, this is a exception or more cases like this.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

No, Did not port to EB3, He is EB3, Filed for 485 in July '07 fiasco. He is consulting his attorney to see, what to do about the unusual approval. Also did not receive the FP, after filing for 485 in July '07 until last month, when they did the first FP mid-august. Pretty sure about that, from what I heard from my friend.

Last edited by gc_check; 09-08-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice
Angry Any LUD's

Cograts!! rb_248..

Did you notice any LUD's on your case in September?..i got an RFE for my Spouse in August and responded on September 2nd after that there is Soft LUD almost every day but no status change..on my case no LUD's or what so ever last LUD was on 08/19 the day when i did my FP that's it..Guys i am frustated and feeling some how that i will miss this bus... called USCIS IO told me that both the cases are with officer not sure how reliable inof that is..Opened SR on September 3rd..guys please suggest me what else i can do

Quote:

Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencard_fever View Post
Cograts!! rb_248..

Did you notice any LUD's on your case in September?..i got an RFE for my Spouse in August and responded on September 2nd after that there is Soft LUD almost every day but no status change..on my case no LUD's or what so ever last LUD was on 08/19 the day when i did my FP that's it..Guys i am frustated and feeling some how that i will miss this bus... called USCIS IO told me that both the cases are with officer not sure how reliable inof that is..Opened SR on September 3rd..guys please suggest me what else i can do
Thanks. No LUDs. Just got it in the mail straight. Try contacting your senator or congressperson.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks. No LUDs. Just got it in the mail straight. Try contacting your senator or congressperson.
Congrats...

Old 09-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
kewlchap will become famous soon enough
Default Sr?

Hi greencard_fever,

How did you open a SR for your wife's case (which had an RFE)? I responded to an RFE and they say that I have to wait 60 days before opening an SR. Please let me know.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
No, Did not port to EB3, He is EB3, Filed for 485 in July '07 fiasco. He is consulting his attorney to see, what to do about the unusual approval. Also did not receive the FP, after filing for 485 in July '07 until last month, when they did the first FP mid-august. Pretty sure about that, from what I heard from my friend.
If case is approved, there is no need to do anything about what you call an unusual approval. Legally, an I-485 can be filed only when visa is immediately available (although we know that is not the case), which he/she did (based on his PD being current when he/she filed his/her I-485). What happens thereafter is all internal matter of USCIS. As far as an I-485 filer is concerned, his/her case is in the works until is approved.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare

Quote:

Online status got updated today. Snail mail is faster than email - happens only with USCIS. Anyways, my journey is over. Good luck to others.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare

Quote:

My Online status got updated today. Snail mail is faster than email - happens only with USCIS. Anyways, my journey is over. Good luck to others.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
bobbydalal will become famous soon enough bobbydalal will become famous soon enough
Default Urgent Help

Guys im an Eb3 applicant and my pd is 2007. I got a transfer notice of my I485 being transferred to USCIS-NBC lees summit ,mo . wHAT DOES THIS MEAN. i HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THE SAME COMPANY FOR LAST 9 YEARS and had submitted all the tax returns at the time of I140 approval. Is there something i should worry about. pLEASE ADVISE.