Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2008
Compare
seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all
Default Our experience at the Infopass

Folks,
After more than an hour drive to a shitty town in northern mass Lawrence....no bottles please..cell phones be turned off...

Officer: Purpose
Me: Me approved my wife not
Officer: cases..
Me: Presented cases
Officer: Yes you are approved...your wife is pending
Me: Oh really that is a revelation....
Me: Why so?is she preadjudicated?
Officer: There could be many reasons...no she is not pre-adjudicated...
Me: What can we do to expedite as she is current
Officer: Nuthin ....I was loosing my temper now...
I said how long should one wait...I opened an SR I got a reply that they are doing additional review contact after 6 months..3 days later I get approval email...no one has a clue...the right hand does not know what the left is doing....my wife is kicking me on the foot asking in native language be happy with yours do u want to loose urs too...
Officer: gave a vague Monalisa smile...
Me: Well I guess that's it I didn;t know anything after driving 60 miles that I didn't know before...

On the way back got a mail from my attorney...he checked thru AILA and talked withan IO ...it seems her biometrics need to be redone...it is ordered and she shld get it in 2 weeks she will be current next month too...so keep fingers crossed...well my fingers are crooked and can't be straightened now...

Hope the info helps..

SoP
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2008
Compare
buvane is on a distinguished road
Default Extended Review

I also got the same answer saying my case is under Extended Review. I'm confused what do they review for 2 years? Any Clue??
What should I do now??

PD -May 7,2004
RD-July 2,2004
ND- Aug 28,2007

Old 09-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice

extended review = "we got your money , now dont bother us"
also means nothing is happening to your case!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
whatamidoinghere is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerofpeace View Post
Folks,
After more than an hour drive to a shitty town in northern mass Lawrence....no bottles please..cell phones be turned off...

I said how long should one wait...I opened an SR I got a reply that they are doing additional review contact after 6 months..3 days later I get approval email...no one has a clue...the right hand does not know what the left is doing....my wife is kicking me on the foot asking in native language be happy with yours do u want to loose urs too...
Me: Well I guess that's it I didn;t know anything after driving 60 miles that I didn't know before...

On the way back got a mail from my attorney...he checked thru AILA and talked withan IO ...it seems her biometrics need to be redone...it is ordered and she shld get it in 2 weeks she will be current next month too...so keep fingers crossed...well my fingers are crooked and can't be straightened now...

Hope the info helps..

SoP
I'm in the same boat. Got my CPO mail 2 hrs after filing an SR last week, but still waiting for my better half to get the approval. I had filed a separate SR for her and it returned with a standard "will get back in 60 days" response. Oh well, after waiting many years I can wait a few more days...

Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

I sooo hear you ...especially the "shitty town in northern mass Lawrence"...and Infopass in that town. How did you bear this obnoxious combination man ? If they can't give any more info why is the use of our taxes going to pay his (Infopass "IO") salary.

I guess there were no dates in the Boston office I guess... they are usually a bit more helpful.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Folks,

Hope the info helps..

SoP
You do not need Biometrics uploaded for approval. My case was approved without it however they will only send cards after Biometrics are updated.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
overseas is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing this info.

Tomorrow I've Infopass at the same Lawrence office. Yes even I've to drive around 50 miles to that sh...town.

Will post my experience tomorrow afternoon.

Labor Priority Date: EB2 - 2004 Jul - India
I-140 Applied: 07/01/2008
I-140 Approved: 03/08/2008
I-485 Applied: 07/26/2007
I-485 RFE: 06/10/2010
I-485 Status: Approved on 10/04/2010

Old 09-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatamidoinghere View Post
I'm in the same boat. Got my CPO mail 2 hrs after filing an SR last week, but still waiting for my better half to get the approval. I had filed a separate SR for her and it returned with a standard "will get back in 60 days" response. Oh well, after waiting many years I can wait a few more days...
On a brighter side since your wife is derivative on your case even without GC she can work on EAD and can work any job no AC21 or what is written as job responsibilities in labor cert hassle. Though it is still some financial pain to renew EAD and AP. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2008
Compare
buvane is on a distinguished road
Default Extended Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbar77 View Post
extended review = "we got your money , now dont bother us"
also means nothing is happening to your case!

Thanks!!! This is exactly what they are doing...Other side of funny part do you have any clue on how to come out of this to get my case picked up??

Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2008
Compare
seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all
Default The wait continues

Well VXG,
I know what you are saying about Biometrics...both of our biometrics were done at the same time ....in any case I can't challenge my attorney especially one which is the largest in Boston...we will wait for the FP and then bug him again...at least she is current next month too........

Well good luck with Lawrence Infopass.....strange place no parking ...had to park by a No parking sign where every other car was parked....the office is lush such a waste of public money.....and absolutely useless chaps....actually if I had got my lawyer;s mail an hour back I may not have made that long trip.....

Well Boston USCIS is no better we have experience over there too couple of years back....

Will have to go there again..not sure if Lawrence has Biometrics facility or not....

OOOOOOOOFFFFFFFfffff how much more can I bear..................

SoP

Old 09-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well VXG,
I know what you are saying about Biometrics...both of our biometrics were done at the same time ....in any case I can't challenge my attorney especially one which is the largest in Boston...we will wait for the FP and then bug him again...at least she is current next month too........

Well good luck with Lawrence Infopass.....strange place no parking ...had to park by a No parking sign where every other car was parked....the office is lush such a waste of public money.....and absolutely useless chaps....actually if I had got my lawyer;s mail an hour back I may not have made that long trip.....

Well Boston USCIS is no better we have experience over there too couple of years back....

Will have to go there again..not sure if Lawrence has Biometrics facility or not....

OOOOOOOOFFFFFFFfffff how much more can I bear..................

SoP
See what you got to deal with marriage, i am TOTALLY kidding

Old 09-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2008
Compare
Default Gcn7

You are either unmarried or Divorced....Absolutely kidding

Old 09-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You are either unmarried or Divorced....Absolutely kidding
Unmarried actually