Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Two 485's and not linked

my 485 was filed during Aug 2007 , i had EAD as well that i never used.(EB3)
i joined another firm and started off fresh using old PD, and EB2, which got ported

I had 2 RFE on my prior 485 FOR medicals and EVL. that i answered ( company didnt had issues as long as i was paying for it)

now How do i get my prior 485 to be merged, since its not an easy case, my new firm isnt willing to do so, can i raise SR/IO and try it? is it worth it
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmeacard View Post
my 485 was filed during Aug 2007 , i had EAD as well that i never used.(EB3)
i joined another firm and started off fresh using old PD, and EB2, which got ported

I had 2 RFE on my prior 485 FOR medicals and EVL. that i answered ( company didnt had issues as long as i was paying for it)

now How do i get my prior 485 to be merged, since its not an easy case, my new firm isnt willing to do so, can i raise SR/IO and try it? is it worth it
Have you asked your lawyer? Check with your lawyer first as you say it is a little complicated. You don't want to mess up this late in the process.....

Old 06-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default The tale of two I-485 applications

1. July 2, 2007: First I-485 application filed at TSC
2. Realized that Employment Verification Letter was not included, filed another I-485 with the EVL in August 2007, this was filed at NSC
3. Received RFE (medical) on first I-485 in late 2007
4. No RFE ever received on second I-485
5. EAD's and AP's obtained with reference to my first I-485
6. Ac21 invoked, letter sent to TSC and NSC referencing first I-485
7. Sent another letter requesting USCIS to merge the two I-485 applications, recommending them to process first I-485 (which had AC21 letters sent for it). New G-28 filed referencing the first I-485 (but not the second I-485 as there was a letter requesting the two to merge)
8. When I became current, USCIS first approved the second I-485, sent notice to my previous employer's attorney (i.e. the G-28 did not change appointed attorney to my new attorney, probably because G-28 mentioned only the first I-485)
9. USCIS denied the first I-485, sent notice to my new attorney!
10. Green card received, and references the A# as associated with the second I-485

Conclusions:
1) Sending in two I-485 applications proved to be a safe move (although several attorneys except one prominent attorney had warned me against sending in two applications)
2) Sending a G-28 form for one of the two I-485 applications does not change the appointed attorney on all I-485 applications, even if you send a letter requesting so!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011