Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2008
Compare
seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all
Default Content of approval notice mail from USCIS

Folks,
Unlike most approvals who are receiving CPO/welcome emails and even physical cards in their mail box. I have to wait longer for some more drama.....USCIS loves me so much doesn't want to let me go from their grip:

Here is the content for whatever it means:
The above application as been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

The crap continues from USCIS...how come they don't know if biometrics is required or not before approving the case...Also do I still need to apply for AP which expires this month...if I have to leave the country for an emergency....In 90 days if EB2-I gets retrogressed do I still get the card......am I permanent resident now or still on adjustment of status....Feel like a Trishanku...

I guess this is the curse of transfered cases...mine was TSC-CSC-TSC....My wife's is still pending.....

Cursing USCIS as usual

SoP
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerofpeace View Post
Folks,
Unlike most approvals who are receiving CPO/welcome emails and even physical cards in their mail box. I have to wait longer for some more drama.....USCIS loves me so much doesn't want to let me go from their grip:

Here is the content for whatever it means:
The above application as been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

The crap continues from USCIS...how come they don't know if biometrics is required or not before approving the case...Also do I still need to apply for AP which expires this month...if I have to leave the country for an emergency....In 90 days if EB2-I gets retrogressed do I still get the card......am I permanent resident now or still on adjustment of status....Feel like a Trishanku...

I guess this is the curse of transfered cases...mine was TSC-CSC-TSC....My wife's is still pending.....

Cursing USCIS as usual

SoP
Congratulations on your approval. I have seen this scenario happen with few of my friends before. They got a similar approval notice (no CPO/Welcome emails), and then after a couple of weeks got their cards by mail. They were waiting for a FP notice mail but directly got their cards. The other person got FP notice after 10 days and got his GC 2 weeks after FP appointment. If you have to travel in the meantime, you will have to get an I-551 stamp in the passport before you leave the country. Hope this helps....

Last edited by roseball; 09-12-2009 at 02:19 AM.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2008
Compare
seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all
Default Thanks

Hi Roseball,
That was really helpful....Let me wait and see....I didn't know of I-551 stuff...as long as I don't have to renew my AP...ofcourse for my wife I'll need to extend the AP as her's is still pending...

Thanks,

SoP