Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration Photos

Folks

where are you guys taking these? Fedex kinko's would be fine? any pointers in the NY-NJ area?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute p7810456 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Walmart..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmam
Folks

where are you guys taking these? Fedex kinko's would be fine? any pointers in the NY-NJ area?

Thanks
I got mine from Walmart, after i heard from couple of my friends. they give 6 photos for 8 bucks or something, where-as if you go to places like Walgreens or CVS.. they only give 2 photos for 8 bucks.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of
Default Reusing plastics is not bad

Why can't garbage be thrown in Walmart shopping plastic bags?
It doesn't make sense to harm environment even more by buying new things.In fact, there are new trash cans available whose upper mouth is designed to fit in shopping bags itself.
Regards photos-Let's say you save $20 by saving on photo. You can put this extra $20 in bank @rate of 5%. or you can spend it on extra dinner/movie.
Both options will still rejuvenate economy.
If you send saved $20 to India-Indian govt will be happy to reduce its oil import bill by $20, your family will use this $20 to buy a new Motorola cell phone/Nike shoes or eat dinner at MacDonalds.
Circle of Money never stops.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCSOON-Ihope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1B-GC
Brahmam and Company -

This is the height of Frugality sir . Contribute something to this society instead looting(??) everything from here and wiring to Bank of India or whatever .There should be a limit to this nonsense questions to be posted for Members to Read and Answer. Please grow up in life.Few Dollars here and there will not make this World upside down nor will it buy huge real estate lands in your Place. Also, buy Trash-bags for throwing Trash instead of use Walmart plastic to throw into Dumpsters.Some in my Apts do that all the time inspite of Property Managers advising against doing it.you fall in this Category.

To answer your Question, Walmart is the cheapest for anything .Period.Why?? Please see this Documentary 'Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price '.

I'll give you the last call to burn your ego.

- Shalom
1 100 % agree with you! Some people on this forum are so darn cheap, that really infuriates me sometimes. What are a few bucks, even a few hundreds or thousands compared to the benefits of getting a GC?
Anyway...do you have the link to that WalMart story?

Old 06-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute brahmam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Brahmam and Company -

- Shalom
and up yours

be of use sometimes instead of your gibberish. you did not answer my question but are busy sermonizing. get a life bro .. cheers

No, I am not going to go to walmart because have heard of some people's photos being rejected by INS in the past. hence wanted a more authentic studio, if any.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
newcomer is on a distinguished road

I beg to differ with your opinion about using the walmart bags are trash bags.

One of the reason that I can think of is...

There are apartments where kitchens are so small where you are forced to buy small trash cans and stuff them under the sinck.The best way to fit these can's is with Shopping Bags, not with 5 or 10 gallon's garbbage bag.

Quote:
Brahmam and Company -

This is the height of Frugality sir . Contribute something to this society instead looting(??) everything from here and wiring to Bank of India or whatever .There should be a limit to this nonsense questions to be posted for Members to Read and Answer. Please grow up in life.Few Dollars here and there will not make this World upside down nor will it buy huge real estate lands in your Place. Also, buy Trash-bags for throwing Trash instead of use Walmart plastic to throw into Dumpsters.Some in my Apts do that all the time inspite of Property Managers advising against doing it.you fall in this Category.

To answer your Question, Walmart is the cheapest for anything .Period.Why?? Please see this Documentary 'Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price '.

I'll give you the last call to burn your ego.

- Shalom

Old 06-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Guys, before creating new thred please take a min and see if there is already any thred with the same subject.. There are already 2 threds with same subject..

To your question:- If you have AAA membership then they will do it for free.

Please think about contributing small amount to IV..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmam
Folks

Thanks

Old 06-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mariusp will become famous soon enough mariusp will become famous soon enough

Kinkos is horrible!!! I went there this morning and had to wait 40 minutes for my photos and when they came back they had a greenish tint and the colors were all washed out. They looked like a two year old photoshoped them Clearly they would have been rejected by immigration so I asked for my money back.

I then went to Sears and they did a great job. They have professional studio equipment and all it took was 5 minutes and I had all my copies looking great like they're supposed to.

So... Sears, highly recommended. They charged me $61 for two sets of 8 photos for me and my wife which is the same price as Kinkos or CVS & Walgreens, less the horrible amateurish quality.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts
Default concern for quality

I guess MOST of the people are concerned about the quality of photos than $ spent. My friend had RFE because the photos he got from CVS were not upto USCIS specifications. So any + experience is valuable to the forum.

Cheers..

Last edited by shukla77; 06-24-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
k_usa is a jewel in the rough k_usa is a jewel in the rough k_usa is a jewel in the rough
Default Costco seems better

I first took 2 photos for me and 2 photos for my wife from Walgreens @7.99 per 2 copies. But the quality is not at all good.

So we went to Costco today and took the photos @4.99 per 2 copies and the quality is very good and they followed the USCIS specs.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

The photos I got from CVS was not bright enough. So the guy brightened the photos for me. Now the photos look a little touched up ...

What are considered bad photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukla77
I guess MOST of the people are concerned about the quality of photos than $ spent. My friend had RFE because the photos he got from CVS were not upto USCIS specifications. So any + experience is valuable to the forum.

Cheers..

Old 06-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer
The photos I got from CVS was not bright enough. So the guy brightened the photos for me. Now the photos look a little touched up ...

What are considered bad photos?
Anything that get's you a RFE is bad..

I got it from CVS and they look good.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ujjvalkoul will become famous soon enough

everyone I go to offers Digital Photos (ID PHotos)....my attorneys had said Digitals are not acceptable...but looks like that is all u can get nowadays...
BTW Costco is the cheapest!!!

IV Colorado State Chapter @ http://groups.yahoo.com/coloradoiv
Contributed $600 and contributing $20/mo

Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

Is brightening the photos considered "retouching"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnite
Anything that get's you a RFE is bad..

I got it from CVS and they look good.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusp
Kinkos is horrible!!! I went there this morning and had to wait 40 minutes for my photos and when they came back they had a greenish tint and the colors were all washed out. They looked like a two year old photoshoped them Clearly they would have been rejected by immigration so I asked for my money back.

I then went to Sears and they did a great job. They have professional studio equipment and all it took was 5 minutes and I had all my copies looking great like they're supposed to.

So... Sears, highly recommended. They charged me $61 for two sets of 8 photos for me and my wife which is the same price as Kinkos or CVS & Walgreens, less the horrible amateurish quality.
I took the first set of photos in Walgreens, but the background was not clean although plain white.. they was a very light spot in center of the photo, although not obvious, when asked I was told thatz how the background screen is and all photos they take are the same and they showed me few samples. I was not happy and drove straight to Sears and the photo I took came out pretty good. Same or better than the samples in the link below
http://travel.state.gov/passport/gui...ition_874.html
I recommend Sears too.