Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sangmami can only hope to improve
Default Called USCIS regarding the fate of already submitted application

Called uscis and asked what happens to the app already received by them?
The rep put me on a hold..(guess went and asked somebody) and answered that all the app received will be put on hold(not returned) and said they will not process ead/ap too.Di anybody else tried calling and ask the same?did they tell the same thing?Just want to know if i interpreted it right?
Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BornConfused is on a distinguished road

When exactly did you submit your application? I just called a few minutes ago to ask about mine (which was submitted early May) and the guy said I should not be affected by this as I should already be well into "the process by now" meaning I should have already been assigned a visa. He spoke very very slow...so I don't know if he was 100% sure of what he was saying

Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sangmami can only hope to improve

my app reached on july 2nd at 9am....and i am ne of the unluckist affected by this bad game..

Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry I hope someone there hasn't fully woken up this morning and enters your application into the system without realizing.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
coolfun is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornConfused
When exactly did you submit your application? I just called a few minutes ago to ask about mine (which was submitted early May) and the guy said I should not be affected by this as I should already be well into "the process by now" meaning I should have already been assigned a visa. He spoke very very slow...so I don't know if he was 100% sure of what he was saying
My 485 application was also received my USCIS in second week of May '07. Does this mean that they have alloted visa number to me as well? I am confused

Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfun
My 485 application was also received my USCIS in second week of May '07. Does this mean that they have alloted visa number to me as well? I am confused
According to him, we do. I'm slightly worried but not excessively so. I think we're gonna be ok. I'll call again in about an hour, so check back on here soon for my update.
FP 06.25.07

Old 07-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
coolfun is infamous around these parts

Quote:
According to him, we do. I'm slightly worried but not excessively so. I think we're gonna be ok. I'll call again in about an hour, so check back on here soon for my update.
Thanks BornConfused. Does this mean that we might get our GC approved between now and September 30, 2007 because the visa numbers have been allotted to us?

I will wait for your update. Thanks again.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare
pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future

what is the phone number to call uscis regarding the july 2 query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangmami
Called uscis and asked what happens to the app already received by them?
The rep put me on a hold..(guess went and asked somebody) and answered that all the app received will be put on hold(not returned) and said they will not process ead/ap too.Di anybody else tried calling and ask the same?did they tell the same thing?Just want to know if i interpreted it right?
Thanks.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfun
Thanks BornConfused. Does this mean that we might get our GC approved between now and September 30, 2007 because the visa numbers have been allotted to us?

I will wait for your update. Thanks again.
According to the first guy I talked to, one has already been assigned upon the start of processing of the case.

I just called again and the lady was completely clueless about the whole July 2 fiasco. I will try again in another hour and hopefully I won't get the village idiot again.

For anyone interested in calling themselves here is the info: 1-800-375-5283 options 1, 2, 3 (and possibly 6 after that-I can't remember).
FP 06.25.07

Old 07-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/08/2007
Compare
shaikhshehzadali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
According to the first guy I talked to, one has already been assigned upon the start of processing of the case.

I just called again and the lady was completely clueless about the whole July 2 fiasco. I will try again in another hour and hopefully I won't get the village idiot again.

For anyone interested in calling themselves here is the info: 1-800-375-5283 options 1, 2, 3 (and possibly 6 after that-I can't remember).

Visa is generally assigned to an application only if it has cleard background checks etc...and ready to be approved... They never assign Visa on receiving the application

Old 07-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raju123 is on a distinguished road

Don't waste time by calling National Call service center. They all are dumb !! They don't know anything. They just read the on line status of our case, which 8 year kid can do.

Quote:

Old 07-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhshehzadali
Visa is generally assigned to an application only if it has cleard background checks etc...and ready to be approved... They never assign Visa on receiving the application
Well, I just made my third call and the lady sounded quite confident that applications that have been received and are in processing are not affected by this and it's only NEW applications that would be coming in after July 2 that are affected. I understand what you're saying that they don't assign it but I have read before that they "assume" each application qualifies unless they eventually figure out otherwise. And now I am making my own assumption that if they assume it qualifies then it's assumed a visa is indirectly assigned? Wait, I'm confused.
FP 06.25.07

Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju123
Don't waste time by calling National Call service center. They all are dumb !! They don't know anything. They just read the on line status of our case, which 8 year kid can do.
I asked it as a general question the last 2 times I called. And you're right, they do seem quite clueless for the most part. God only knows.
FP 06.25.07

Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sadhimoorthy is on a distinguished road

I spoke to a woman in the USCIS customer service and she doesnt know Jack. All she told was there wont be any further authorizations starting from June 02(as idf we dont know this. Teh whole world knows). They will put all the applicatiosn received on July 02 in hold and may start processing from Oc 01 2007. As i said earlier she knows jack about the probelm. If you ask more questions they simply say that they are only customer service and this is what they know. I asked who else should i contact to get more info and she told i have to contact them only. What an idiotic organization.

Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road

New applications coming in after July 2????

Quote:
Well, I just made my third call and the lady sounded quite confident that applications that have been received and are in processing are not affected by this and it's only NEW applications that would be coming in after July 2 that are affected. I understand what you're saying that they don't assign it but I have read before that they "assume" each application qualifies unless they eventually figure out otherwise. And now I am making my own assumption that if they assume it qualifies then it's assumed a visa is indirectly assigned? Wait, I'm confused.