Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qtoask is on a distinguished road
Default Poll: Flowers V2

OK.. We have almost 200 Ready to send flowers...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6025 (Poll: Flowers)

1. The date will be July 10.

2. Color of the flower is white (peace)

Q1. Let us know Where to send....

Q2. Also if you can pen 3 or 4 lines what message to send along with the flowers.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice
Default Sent You Pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtoask
OK.. We have almost 200 Ready to send flowers...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6025 (Poll: Flowers)

1. The date will be July 10.

2. Color of the flower is white (peace)

Q1. Let us know Where to send....

Q2. Also if you can pen 3 or 4 lines what message to send along with the flowers.
please check

Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
chanduy9 is infamous around these parts

Here is the link

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6029 (How many sent the flowers..)

Old 07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute

Can these 200 please contribute to the agenda laid out by IV, instead?

thanks,

Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice
Default Reversal Frustrates Green-Card Applicants

PLEASE DIGG

http://digg.com/politics/Reversal_Fr...ard_Applicants

Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light

Create a seperate forum message for 'sending flowers'. And then we should all digg that message so that even media covers this practise.
--sri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka

Old 07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand and appreciate people trying to do the whole flower thing, but I am not sure if it will work the way they expect it to.

I once worked in the admissions office at a very selective school. Applicants that didn't get selected resorted to such gimmicks (sending cards, presents, flowers to the dean of admissions), not sure what they expected - The dean to feel bad about his/the dept.'s decision and reconsider?

Anyway, one of my responsibilities was to screen the dept. mail, and sort out what was uselss and trash it.

Chances are, that is what will happen to the flowers sent to USCIS.

I don't mean to discourage anyone, but that money ($25-$40) you spend on flowers, could help IV a lot.

Thanks,

Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Dont discourage people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp817
I understand and appreciate people trying to do the whole flower thing, but I am not sure if it will work the way they expect it to.

I once worked in the admissions office at a very selective school. Applicants that didn't get selected resorted to such gimmicks (sending cards, presents, flowers to the dean of admissions), not sure what they expected - The dean to feel bad about his/the dept.'s decision and reconsider?

Anyway, one of my responsibilities was to screen the dept. mail, and sort out what was uselss and trash it.

Chances are, that is what will happen to the flowers sent to USCIS.

I don't mean to discourage anyone, but that money ($25-$40) you spend on flowers, could help IV a lot.

Thanks,

Hey we are doing what we believe in, so just shut up and dont discourage people.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp817
A single bouquet to the USCIS, perhaps will meet that fate. 500 on the same day? Well, that's a news story and that's what we are trying to do here.

Moreover, I don't understand the argument that those $30 given to IV will be useful. I am sure it would be and I am a recurring contributor, but can't these 30 dollars be over and above what we give to IV? It shouldn't be an either-or situation. I think this is an action worth taking.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Close this thread, far too many already!

If people want to send flowers, let them send flowers. I really don't see the point, but whatever

But please - do we need multiple polls and threads about this? How many of the 200 that are apparently ready (although this number differs on the 3 or so other polls, and countless other threads on this subject) have done actual IV action items?

Admins - please close this.

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold
Default flower Idea

I am not sure who started this flower idea, who ever it is- I am not sure if this idea will even work.. But if you think it will work then work hard on getting media's attention.... I am not sure if flower will even go through security..

Let me know if you get any reporter who will cover this story...

Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikondoji
Create a seperate forum message for 'sending flowers'. And then we should all digg that message so that even media covers this practise.
--sri

If somebody wants to create a seperate message, release it, I can dig it.
I am specifically interested in getting media mileage out of this. I feel, you can get media mileage, if the media is alerted before hand, otherwise 50-60-100 or 200 boukets of flowers by itself wont be enough to get attention.

Iv has not endorsed it, probably because we have been trying to get serious media attention, and we have not gotten as much as we would like. If you are going with this flower idea - Make sure you get some reporters already involved, otherwise wont be worth it. (My take).

Old 07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjoey
There you go:
http://desicritics.org/2007/07/06/004733.php

Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjoey
I am specifically interested in getting media mileage out of this. I feel, you can get media mileage, if the media is alerted before hand, otherwise 50-60-100 or 200 boukets of flowers by itself wont be enough to get attention.

Iv has not endorsed it, probably because we have been trying to get serious media attention, and we have not gotten as much as we would like. If you are going with this flower idea - Make sure you get some reporters already involved, otherwise wont be worth it. (My take).
Check out the plan of action here -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6029 (How many sent the flowers..)

Old 07-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Thumbs up IV core is supporting the flower campaign

Great news: IV core is supporting the flower campaign - see this thread (Urgent Action Item: Send Flowers Campaign).

We have until tonight to place in the orders so that the flowers can be delivered on Tuesday.

Everyone who kept the faith - thanks and lets continue sending emails or calling people to let them know about it.
People who said that they will send the flowers only if IV core supports it - please send flowers asap.

BTW, I am curious as to who first proposed this idea.