Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
chanduy9 is infamous around these parts
Default Let us send flowers on 10th July

Hi,

Instead of NO WORK DAY!! Let us send the flowers on JULY 10TH.

FLOWER DAY IS GOOD than NO WORK DAY!!

With NO WORK DAY every body go mad!! Employers and clients (assumeing lot of us are consultants).

Just idea..

Thanks,
Chandra.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt
Your manager is smarter than you are. Make sure he means what he says
what manager he is tell him to file i485 with roses in fedex cover. go and work man.... reallllllly junk people here

Old 07-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlate
Please make it faster guys.
common guys mail i485 faster.read on the link.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/03/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/03/2004
Compare
IMGPAT is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Instead of not going to work we will all work 24X7 while fasting. I think that will be a very effective tool and it is my humble opinion.

Let us fight this injustice with non violence and make mahatma feel proud of us for following his footsteps.

Thank You All

Old 07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGPAT
Hi all,

Instead of not going to work we will all work 24X7 while fasting. I think that will be a very effective tool and it is my humble opinion.

Let us fight this injustice with non violence and make mahatma feel proud of us for following his footsteps.

Thank You All
I have been working 24X7 for last 1 month. After that my employer said they wont file I-485 for me since the attorney discovered some problem with the labor certificate. So? How is this idea going to help? We are working for some Shahajahan or Aurangzeb not king Ashoka or Akbar.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold
Default Not in support of this

We are legal high-skilled educated immigrants. This is not the way to do it. Let's organise a rally in DC on a weekend. Join the Gandhigiri campaign perhaps. But let's not become slackers!

Old 07-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
bidhanc is on a distinguished road
Default How many are joining AILF?

I have a quick question.
How many of us are joining AILF in it's lawsuit?
Doesn't that make more sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduy9
Hi,

Instead of NO WORK DAY!! Let us send the flowers on JULY 10TH.

FLOWER DAY IS GOOD than NO WORK DAY!!

With NO WORK DAY every body go mad!! Employers and clients (assumeing lot of us are consultants).

Just idea..

Thanks,
Chandra.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Do not do it!

I too disagree with no work day! This will only backfire on us!

I know we have lots of no work days in India for one issue or the other... but that is not what Mahatma Gandhi intended when he started the non-cooperation movement. It is an absolute last resort not the first!

Old 07-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
rajmehrotra will become famous soon enough rajmehrotra will become famous soon enough
Default Think Positive

What has happened has happened. Maybe USCIS and/or DOS did goof up. Or maybe they really did want to reduce the backlog and use up all the available visas, and with all the good faith they could muster, worked themselves into a frenzy and on morning of July 2nd, they realized their blunder.

All the talk of lawsuits and class action, IMHO, is just a gravy train by the lawyers and for the lawyers. We, the 485 filers will just extras in their lush production. What kind of remedy do we expect? The Visa Bulletin is ex cathedra guidance, but subject to revision, even if there is no precedent for such revision. There is no law that spells out the formulation of the monthly Visa Bulletins. It is merely an administrative guidance tool, no different from a train schedule, with all of its implicit caveats.

Anyhow, hard as it is, we have to hunt for the silver lining in this episode. I think if this story got enough traction as a shining example of shoddy treatment of people who respect and follow the law, and contribute positively, in every sense of the word, to the well being of the United States, we will have it in play. Intervention from the Executive and Legislative branch could then be elicited. Individually, all of us should lay out our cases, respectfully and in good detail, to the Senators and Congressmen of our areas, to let them gauge the enormity of the problem at hand. This would be dream issue for the Senators and Congress people to attend to if it gains the critical mass. Doing whatever is required to right this wrong has no downside for any of them. They can even credit themselves for somehow rescuing a remedy out of the CIR fiasco. They can be the heroes here.

The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal have already run the story. We need to build up on this. Even the Lou Dobbs and law-and-order types in the public arena can be roped in on this one. After all, we are trying to immigrate the right way, by fastidiously following the law, and dropping significant chunks of dollars all around while doing so.

If our efforts lead to recapturing of unused prior-year visa numbers, a relaxation in per-country limits, a delay on the filing-fee increases, and perhaps some movement on the SKIL Bill, we will have a net gain.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Pls do not start your own campaigns with your own agendas. If you have any ideas then first discuss with us. IV does not endorse such efforts.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fshah is on a distinguished road

well, i can still sign the petition and go on a break from my 'work'. i am a housewife and my husband is sponsoring my visa, i am sure he won't mind i would rather prefer the 'flower day'

Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
chanduy9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshah
well, i can still sign the petition and go on a break from my 'work'. i am a housewife and my husband is sponsoring my visa, i am sure he won't mind i would rather prefer the 'flower day'

Go ahead and send the flowers...Join us.. we are 2 short to 50.

Thanks,
Chandra.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduy9
Go ahead and send the flowers...Join us.. we are 2 short to 50.

Thanks,
Chandra.
Guys, i'd rather u contribute to IV than send flowers...IV could use $20 - $30 bucks.....think sanely

Iv does not endorse the flowers effort.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iwantlabor is on a distinguished road
Default Capitalist country

We live in a capitalist country and best way to make sure government hears us is by making corporate giants speak for us. Many of us work for big companies like IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, Verizon etc... Wouldnt it be a good idea to have our company issue a press release. If many corporates complain at the same time, we could be heard.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Why Petition

MEMBERS WILL HURT THEMSELVES AND POSSIBLY THEIR EMPLOYERS BY STARTING INITIATIVES LIKE ONLINE PETITIONS

WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A LOT OF PENT UP FRUSTRATION, BUT IF SUPERMAN, ROBIN, THE FANTASTIC FOUR , MAHATMA GANDHI AND BILL GATES ALL SIGN SUCH A PETITION, IT JUST SHOWS HOW HESITANT PEOPLE ARE TO COME AHEAD AND DISCLOSE THEIR IDENTITIES. AGREED, SEVERAL INDIVIDUALS WILL HAVE GENUINE REASONS TO NOT DISCLOSE THEIR IDENTITIES.

BECAUSE OF THESE REASONS, ANY SUCH ONLINE PETITION MAY BE A WASTE OF TIME. HOWEVER, WE COMMEND THE EFFORTS OF THE PERSON WHO INITIATED THIS (THERE'S A TYPO- ITS JULY BULLETIN, NOT JUNE).

CORE IV REQUESTS THIS FROM YOU AT THIS TIME:
HAVE YOU UPDATED YOUR PROFILES WITH YOUR INFO? NAME? TEL. NUMBER? EMAIL ADDRESS?

Last edited by sertasheep; 07-05-2007 at 06:39 PM.