Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gdilla is on a distinguished road
Default You're not suppossed to go there and be unemployed

I suspect being unemployed in any country is a crappy experience. Get a job first. There's lots of job sites online, check it out for yourself. Tap your network, etc. You can even setup your own company/consultancy and serve your US clients if you so desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_2002
But what about the jobs in Canada? How bad is it? Without a job, what is the point of quality of life etc.?
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Wink Preach what you say

So why are you here in the first place? Why in US? Why applying for GC? Why on IV to try to improve this broken system? Face the fact, you too dont want to return or else you wouldnt be here.

There is no harm in being selfish and persuing a better life. "Do something good for India" is an ideal punch line for preachers. BUT Be realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3539
I am an Indian and proud to be so. Indians - Remove the "SLAVE" mentality from your minds. Think positive. Do some thing good for India, where you have been born and brought up; where your previous generations have flourished. Since, you are now living and earning in US, be loyal to US too.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekdesi
India of course. I am here for the same reason that you are - India sucks.
At least India gave you the oppertunity to develop "High Skill" which can be accepted by USA and so you are here. If India might not have given you that oppertunity then Would it be able for you to rant on this board?

Old 07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongha_2000
So why are you here in the first place? Why in US? Why applying for GC? Why on IV to try to improve this broken system? Face the fact, you too dont want to return or else you wouldnt be here.

There is no harm in being selfish and persuing a better life. "Do something good for India" is an ideal punch line for preachers. BUT Be realistic.
Rongha_2000,

Hypothetically speaking let's say if USA decides not to take you in permanently what will you do?

Old 07-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekdesi
I don't think there is any need to love any country, its just a place like any other. Within no time India has been divided into 3 countries (4 if you count Kashmir). The only important thing is to quickly migrate to the place you like most, everything else is a waste of time.
Let me challenge you on the basis of what you wrote here.

1) You wrote: The only important thing is to quickly migrate to the place you
like most, everything else is a waste of time.

Good Enough. No argument.

2) You wrote: I don't think there is any need to love any country, its just a
place like any other.

Here I may not have a problem but Americans will surely have problem.
They want such people from outside countries who are ready to be loyal
to USA and ready to love USA as their future country.

Upon identifying your IP Address and then Physical Address USA can ceratinly decide not to consider you as a candidate of Permanent Residency as you are challenging the base of this constitutional requirement for making you a permanent resident. What will you do then if USA gives you thumbs down?

Old 07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts

meekdesi, my friend... I also grew up in Delhi and in the same places what u listed...dont ask for what ur country did for u ...tell me what u did for ur country?? I am pretty sure u don't have an answer and if u do ur making false assertions.

u know the problem with u ...u just think who will cleanup the house, the other person living can clean it. But that not the way it works...so show what u did before u demand.

Last edited by pa_arora; 07-26-2007 at 05:38 PM.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
485_se_dukhi is on a distinguished road
Default Request to please close this thread again.

I think the reason people get defensive is because love for your country is an emotional topic (some might call it patriotism)...just as love for your mother (or parents) or religion or political party etc. These are deeply personal issues. When you question any of these, expect fireworks.

Many people migrate for better opportunity/ better lifestyle. Is that enough reason to question why they still love their original country? I might move from Lucknow to Bombay (for those of you who don't know these places, please substitute Wichita to New York) for the same reasons. Does it mean I stop being nostalgic about Lucknow? or stop loving it? How does migrating affect my love for the place one was born and brought up in?

Needless to mention there are people from different countries in this forum. So lets refrain from implying that people who immigrate should not love their original motherland/fatherland etc.

Actually its getting quite ridiculous now. So may I again request the moderators/ admin to pls close this thread. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh
I think this thread has definitely deviated from its main theme.

?[/b]
Initial contribution $200 + Sent flowers + $50/m recurring deposit + Sent thank you cards + Contributed $100 towards the rally + Bought IV T-shirts for the rally+ Attended Sept 18 Rally + Met our local congresswoman

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - G. B. Shaw

Last edited by sertasheep; 07-26-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Closed Thread