Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
byeusa is on a distinguished road
Default I've had it, I am moving to Canada

Dear Friends, I had it... I am moving to Canada in the next 2 months to work for guess who? Microsoft. Came to USA in 1997 for my masters, worked at Legato, Documentum and Opentext. Had to restart my GC twrice, once as the company laid me off and next for career progression. GC is still years years away. Interviewed with MSFT last month and got an offer to work in their Enterprise Collaboration team. MSFT looked at the visa mess I was in and offered me to work in Vancouver. I get my Canadian GC in 6 months and my wife can work from day one. I am abandoning my US dream for good;guess I would be satisfied with touching my 4 year old son's American passport.

I worked for a canadian company in US and now would be working for a US company in Canada. This is globalization. True Globalization. Any for those whiners belonging to IEEE and its propoganda machine, I would like to mention that I drew salries which were above way above the norm. I am sure I would be drawing more than 2 of his programmers combined. Ron- ask your folks to learn to compete and update their skills. They probably studied studied 'history of mathematics' as a math subject in high school instead of calculus. They were happy that they had the coolest Nintendo games while many like me were burning the midnight old figuring out data structures at Berkeley.

I hope Berney Sanders and his club of the CIR days are hearing the developments. Berney, fix the broken education system for job protection rather than building fences to prevent legal workers to come to this gifted country. More companies will leave for nearshore if the mess continues. Fix the system by closing the H1B loopholes that a small percentage of companies are exploiting. Don't bad mouth the H1B system which has given you so much talent that you could have never groomed, the talented individuals who have contributed to the society, social security system and what not. Patch the holes in the fence, do not erect a higher fence for which people need to pay $ 5000 to cross. And by the way if you have the inclination and the time- fix the broken LEGAL High Skilled immigration system.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lordoftherings has a spectacular aura about lordoftherings has a spectacular aura about
Default good luck!!

Vancouver is really a nice place with beautiful climate all the year around even better than seattle. Good Luck!!

lotr

Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck.

I think you should publish your story.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very well said

Very well said.

To add to that, my message to Ron Hira, his IEEE-USA, John Miano, others at programmer's guild, Bernie Sanders etc. :

Your plan to stop outsourcing is really going well. Isnt it ? Well, this is exactly why people like you and John Miano get replaced by hard-working foriegn workers. Because the foriegn workers have a mission to accomplish when they accept a job, unlike you, who intends to do one thing (stop outsourcing) and ends up achieving the opposite (cause outsourcing).

Keep up the good work and blame the foriegn workers for all your problems in life, including global warming.

And Bernie, you are the best. Now tell me, how are you going to protect the Americans whose jobs are being taken and shipped to Canada. Are you planning to run for Senate in Canada ? How about you resign and run for office in Canada and slap a $5000 fee there and also give a grand speech you gave in US senate ? Go Bernie, go.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
thakurrajiv will become famous soon enough thakurrajiv will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by byeusa
Dear Friends, I had it... I am moving to Canada in the next 2 months to work for guess who? Microsoft. Came to USA in 1997 for my masters, worked at Legato, Documentum and Opentext. Had to restart my GC twrice, once as the company laid me off and next for career progression. GC is still years years away. Interviewed with MSFT last month and got an offer to work in their Enterprise Collaboration team. MSFT looked at the visa mess I was in and offered me to work in Vancouver. I get my Canadian GC in 6 months and my wife can work from day one. I am abandoning my US dream for good;guess I would be satisfied with touching my 4 year old son's American passport.

I worked for a canadian company in US and now would be working for a US company in Canada. This is globalization. True Globalization. Any for those whiners belonging to IEEE and its propoganda machine, I would like to mention that I drew salries which were above way above the norm. I am sure I would be drawing more than 2 of his programmers combined. Ron- ask your folks to learn to compete and update their skills. They probably studied studied 'history of mathematics' as a math subject in high school instead of calculus. They were happy that they had the coolest Nintendo games while many like me were burning the midnight old figuring out data structures at Berkeley.

I hope Berney Sanders and his club of the CIR days are hearing the developments. Berney, fix the broken education system for job protection rather than building fences to prevent legal workers to come to this gifted country. More companies will leave for nearshore if the mess continues. Fix the system by closing the H1B loopholes that a small percentage of companies are exploiting. Don't bad mouth the H1B system which has given you so much talent that you could have never groomed, the talented individuals who have contributed to the society, social security system and what not. Patch the holes in the fence, do not erect a higher fence for which people need to pay $ 5000 to cross. And by the way if you have the inclination and the time- fix the broken LEGAL High Skilled immigration system.
Byeusa, thanks a lot for sharing this. I have been thinking about such move since I heard about MS plans. If you don't mind, can you please share on the process of applying to MS Vancouver branch. Are their special postings for that branch ?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice
Default _Good_ bye.

See below.

Last edited by rajesh_kamisetty; 07-10-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice rajesh_kamisetty is just really nice
Default _Good_ bye.

I need to hear more stories like this to realize I won't be alone when time comes for me to pack up.

Me and my wife really like to live and work in other parts of world and we have even asked my company to send us out of USA. The only reason for me at this point to pursue GC is for my wife be able to work part-time.

Otherwise, I am very content being on H1.

Last edited by rajesh_kamisetty; 07-10-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about

ByeUsa - all the very best. May be I ll see you in Canada soon too.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
coralfl is on a distinguished road
Default Congrats and Good luck ByeUsa

Congrats and Good luck ByeUsa.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road
Cool

Have a great time eh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byeusa

Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vroapp is on a distinguished road
Default I wish you all the best!

:-)

Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
deba is a jewel in the rough deba is a jewel in the rough deba is a jewel in the rough deba is a jewel in the rough
Default congrats

congrats byeusa. wish you the best. I just sent you a personal message here. If you get a chance please reply. Again, congrats.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good luck byeusa

Wish you the very best byeusa......

I might be moving to Canada next summer if there is no progress in my case here...My PD is Nov 2003 EB-3...I got my Canadian PR in May 2005 and I have until May 2008 to move.....So keeping my fingers crossed..I too work for a Canadian company in US.....Wish you good luck...

Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_kamisetty
I need to hear more stories like this to realize I won't be alone when time comes for me to pack up.

I am from A.P. Lot of folks from my state in India can't accept anything but USA outside A.P. Me and my wife really like to live and work in other parts of world and we have even asked my company to send us out of USA. The only reason for me at this point to pursue GC is for my wife be able to work part-time.

Otherwise, I am very content being on H1.

please dont speak on behalf of everyone....speak for urself....and do us a favor...did all those folks from AP came to you and suggested that they can only breathe,live and die in usa....congratulations...you just became eligible to join the elite club of stereotypes with your narrow minded mentality........thankx...

Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Well said good luck.... I may be following you soon once I have my Canada application nearing approval.....

Please do share your story with media....IV core can probably help you there.

Closed Thread