Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all
Default Why was the conference call in the Donor forum ?

vin13,

This just beats me..Why was the conference call idea for such an important issue floated only in the Donor Forum. Fine, the Donors pay and they deserve to have some information. But if you need bigger participation from IV members, the conf. call idea should have been in the General Forum as well....

Anyways, can this still be arranged ? I would love to be a part of that in any possible way. Please let me and all the other members know.

Contributed to Flower campaign
Contributed to DC Rally fund
Tri-State Chapter member

Last edited by sunty; 11-11-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunty View Post
vin13,

This just beats me..Why was the conference call idea for such an important issue floated only in the Donor Forum. Fine, the Donors pay and they deserve to have some information. But if you need bigger participation from IV members, the conf. call idea should have been in the General Forum as well....

Anyways, can this still be arranged ? I would love to be a part of that in any possible. Please let me and all the other members know.
It beats me too...Everytime you try to discuss this quarterly spillover on the regular forum, we get more Red. People start to fight between EB2 and EB3.

Atleast i have done something about it by getting this draft. I am quite discouraged at this time because of lack of effort by members even after so much discussion about quarterly spillover in several threads. Are you willing to organize the conference call? Let me know and i will participate. Before demanding from others, Let me know what are you willing to do about this.

Last edited by vin13; 11-11-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all

vin13,

I am aware getting participation from the members is a tough one. But when people will sense a hint of success, they will come.

The biggest example is IV itself. When Aman founded this, it was just a small website for people to discuss EB immigration issues facing them. Look at IV now.

Similarly, we have to start somewhere. Recapture and CIR are far dreams for now. At this point, if we can do anything to have any sort of respite, it would be a good thing...

Tri-State Chapter member

Old 11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Draft looks good

The draft letter looks good. I think, we should also send a copy or new letter to the Ombudsman and to the DOS (as DOS is also involved in how many visas are released).

That way we do not get pushed around.

Good work.

Gaurav

Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute

We can all send a copy to the ombudsmand and DOS.

I will be discussing this with my congressperson in a couple of weeks. Can any of you contact your congressperson and have them help you regarding quarterly spillover? Use the draft to take to your local congressman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravster View Post
The draft letter looks good. I think, we should also send a copy or new letter to the Ombudsman and to the DOS (as DOS is also involved in how many visas are released).

That way we do not get pushed around.

Good work.

Gaurav

Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
Default We can also try this

In addition to sending the letter, we may try this avenue as well (look at the page bottom)

How to Contact Us

"For immigrant visa inquiries, call the National Visa Center at 603-334-0700 or
email: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov"

Any idea if these is the correct number to call ?

Maybe inundating them with calls might help us reach Mr. Charles Oppenheim office and get some explaination about the visa allocation process.

I tried calling, but today is a Federal Holiday. Will try again tomorrow.

Tri-State Chapter member

Last edited by sunty; 11-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin13 View Post
We can all send a copy to the ombudsmand and DOS.

I will be discussing this with my congressperson in a couple of weeks. Can any of you contact your congressperson and have them help you regarding quarterly spillover? Use the draft to take to your local congressman.

I'm willing to send this to all the congressman/senators in Texas. Since I'm new to this game, is email better or snail mail? Or is personal contact expected?

Thanks.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light

I think this letter looks good, let us send it. There is no hassle in doing that.

Questions

1. Do we all need to send a copy? Is this like a campaign we are doing?

2. Do we need to send this as IV? Is that possible? Who should we talk to about that?

3. Has somebody sent such letters before the the DOS Visa Office etc. and got anything - may be they can shed some light. I know of folks who have done the the 7001 form DHS | CIS Ombudsman - Case Problems. I dont think this falls under that.

My 2 cents is - this is not a campaign, we are asking for a formal answer / clarification and if we can send this as from IV may be we will get an answer.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Compare
IAF is a jewel in the rough IAF is a jewel in the rough IAF is a jewel in the rough

I agree!

The three prone system is in place to keep check and balances. I think it will be good idea to take it to judiciary. Judiciary can advice legislative and executive branch to resolve the problem. I think just going to that level will trigger lot of momentum.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzak View Post
I'm willing to send this to all the congressman/senators in Texas. Since I'm new to this game, is email better or snail mail? Or is personal contact expected?

Thanks.
Contacting personally is the best. You may not always get a chance to meet the congressman. But atleast get an appointment with an aide who deals with immigration. Some of them would have offices in several towns. Choose the one close to you. Meet in person and explain the situation and give them the letter. Do not go in a big group. 1 or 2 members would be ideal. Lot of the congressman may not know much about the process. so you need to keep it simple with less technical terms.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

YES! We can, we should go to court. But time and again, IV Core (I am not one) has evaluated individual issues and told us that we dont have a strong enough case to justify the money involved. If and only IF we have a strong case, we can get media attention, we should spend the money. Otherwise the money is well spent lobbying. We are talking 50k and more.

Do you know how effort intensive taking USCIS to court is. We are talking about complete dedication of our time and resources. We are talking about 10-15 committed IV members spending a minimum of 15 hours every week researching, doing paper work with the lawyers. Also, we would need volunteers to come forward give interviews, appear in court (if need be), travel and stay out of home.

We have trouble getting members go to their local lawmakers office to petition and lobby. Should we not first prove to IV Core that we can come up with 15 committed members and atleast $10k.

I do not want to discourage anyone in going this route, infact I want us to sue USCIS, BUT before we do that we should all first go and meet our lawmakers. Get some attention to the issue, maybe we submit this letter to their offices while we are there.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCperm View Post
Kindly Summarize and then Start Any Campaign.
Step 1) Talk to CORE and Take Suggestion
Step 2) Do we want to include members from other Forums?
Step 3) Decide on Fax/Email/Snail mail campaign and Distribute Fax#, Email address and SnailMail Address.
Step 4) Action..
Thanks for the effort behind this GCperm and Vin13.
I agree with Step 1. Step 3 has proven to be useless based on what we have seen before. I am hoping Pappu can advise us as to get this letter in the right hands. I understand IV doesn't want to spend too much time on this, and it is fair on their part as they already have limited resources. But if they can help us out with advice, as Pappu did already with the critique of the letter, it will help.
I485 filed through spouse on July 23rd 2007
Notice date Aug 29th 2007

And Finally got the Green Card approval on July 8th 2010

Old 11-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all
Default Before Suing

Before suing the USCIS, we should inform USCIS of our intentions. My idea is like this -

- Draft a letter highlighting the Statues and Rules (we can seek Attorneys help) regarding the Quarterly spill-over
- IV members/non-members would send their electronic signatures
- We would stick signatures in the electronic document
- Print this huge(hope it will be) document and deliver personally to DHS/USCIS executive officers

Any suggestions or changes are welcome.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised that this thread is still active. Usually by this time somebody from the core group puts a statement and that usually closes the discussion. I am sure this will happen soon since atleast a few posters have been requesting asistance from Pappu regarding this issue. I am just waiting for that post to come...dont know when. Hey pappu why are you taking so long......why dont you post and tell all our friends who are currently so emotional about the reality of pursuing the legal option...

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice
Default yes lets do it..lets do it...but wait who is going to do what?

wooohoooo what a great idea... bravo! applause

ok now you've created yet another post, like other people who come up with such great ideas 10 times a day and then get few responses on there posts, feel good for a moment as if you've mobilized the entire immigrant community...

and the next thing everyone is doing is just waiting for the next bulletin. But dont worry... we will have someone creating a yet new post with the same great idea next month.. :-)

Last edited by freedom_fighter; 11-11-2009 at 05:08 PM.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.