Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV featured in World Journal News

THere is a article in World Journal News about Immigration Voice and Manager's Amendment. World Journal News is the biggest Chinese Newspaper in USA, sort of like the India Abroad equivalent for Chinese Americans.

We would like the help of our chinese members to post an English Translation of these two articles. They are in the PDF documents attached.

Can somone please translate this in English? We would really appreciate some help.

World Journal News

Attached Files
File Type: pdf world_journal_article1.pdf (155.1 KB, 124 views)
File Type: pdf world_journal_article2.pdf (158.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by logiclife; 05-28-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jgh_res will become famous soon enough
Default Google Translate

The following is the url for translation service of google.
http://www.google.com/translate_t

Please point to the url of the article in the required field, it translates.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough

I am not chinese member...but this is the translation from google.

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Relavant part of IV..

"Since the end of last year lobbying Congress to promote active career immigration reform immigrationvoice.org sponsor Mrs. said : "These provisions of China, and India are very important, such as nationality, once legislation will affect millions of people. "But he cautioned that there is a considerable distance from the proposals into legislation, Applicants need to call upon all occupational immigration efforts in negotiating out of court, to put pressure on them to lobby for the proposal eventually become law. Immigrationvoice.org to Bingeman proposal with plans to promote negotiations in two amendments to attain professional migrants in each case excluding dependants maintain 450,000 (the original Senate proposal content). Most proposals would allow professional immigrants in the labour paper was immediately can apply for I140 and I485, without waiting for the listing. "

Last edited by caforum2; 05-28-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cshen is on a distinguished road
Default Translation

I am a Chinese member. Most of the article talks about the Senator Bill. It does mention that ImmigrationVoice organized by Indians professionals is lobbying for employed based immigration. It says that if the managenment amendment is approved, the Chinese professionals who are applying Green Card under EB catagory will benefit. Also it talks STEM.
Overall, World Journal praise the effort of ImmigrationVoice.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank You

Thank you Cshen.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2008
Compare
MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about
Default The text, per Google!

Thanks,Cshen and caforum2.

Here is the entire text per Google!

Quote:
Senate amendments to the Occupational 650,000 immigrants
High-tech areas with high academic qualifications are not included in the quota to Chinese

Wen Wei Po Tai Yin-New York reported on the 25th of the Senate immigration reform proposal through, immigration and student visa for vocational provision a substantial adjustment, the high-tech field, business groups and professional immigrant communities are more joy, and is ready in the next Senate and House of Representatives of legislation to continue negotiations lobby.
By New Mexico Senator Bingeman (Jeff Bingaman) and agreed to the amended provisions, the 2007-2016 Occupational each from the current total of 140,000 immigrants to 650,000. In addition, the Senate proposals were jointly promoted by the main leaders of the 115-page amendment (managers' amendment), but also allowed the high-tech field of vocational high degree of immigrants start their green card are not included in this 650,000.

Bingeman amended by the Vocational total of 650,000 migrants per year, including vocational and new immigrant families created H2C low occupational skills of immigrants. Currently, the annual immigration green card issued to the 14 million. Bingeman spokesman Maika Pavilion, said : "This does not include relatives of immigrants and the future plan of casual workers switching identity. "

It was felt that Bingeman proposal to increase the number of professional migrants, is a good thing. However, the U.S. immigration Bar Association said that if removed reserved for H2C 200,000 workers annually places, coupled with the families of these workers have to account for the final places in the existing immigration applicants of the benefits of occupational limited.

But generally ignored important element is that the Senate proposal to allow the U.S. access to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (the stem) master's degrees, can immediately apply for a green card, but not in the 650,000 total. This is very beneficial to Chinese and Indian.

Since the end of last year lobbying Congress to promote active career immigration reform immigrationvoice.org sponsor Mrs. said : "These provisions of China, and India are very important, such as nationality, once legislation will affect millions of people. "But he cautioned that there is a considerable distance from the proposals into legislation, Applicants need to call upon all occupational immigration efforts in negotiating out of court, to put pressure on them to lobby for the proposal eventually become law. Immigrationvoice.org to Bingeman proposal with plans to promote negotiations in two amendments to attain professional migrants in each case excluding dependants maintain 450,000 (the original Senate proposal content). Most proposals would allow professional immigrants in the labour paper was immediately can apply for I140 and I485, without waiting for the listing.

Senate proposal would also allow students after graduation internship period from the current year increased to two years, without prejudice to the circumstances in extracurricular academic and professional field workers unrelated.

2006-05-27

Old 05-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snowang is on a distinguished road

I'm in the middle of translation. I'll post them sometime tonight or tomorrow morning

Old 05-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowang
I'm in the middle of translation. I'll post them sometime tonight or tomorrow morning
Thanks Snowang, we are sure the Google version is garbled.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Now the translation ......

Folks, sorry in advance for any error in my translation. I know you guys are forgiving people . I'm forwarding this to a senior member here for editing as well.

Senate Bill Amendment Increases Employment-based Immigration Quota to 650,000
Favorable News to Chinese Immigrants: Advanced Degrees in Science and Hi-tech Fields not Counted against Quota

[Yan Tai – New York] In the immigration reform bill passed by the Senate on the 25th, comprehensive adjustments were made to rulings on employment-based immigration and student visa. Parties from the science and high technology fields, business groups and communities of employment-based immigrants have responded with much joy and are prepared to continue their lobbying efforts in the future legislative negotiations between the Senate and the House.

Initiated by Senator Jeff Bingaman (New Mexico) and approved by the Senate, the amendment increases the 2007-2016 numerical quota for employment-based immigration from the current 140,000 to 650,000. Furthermore, the 115 page long Managers’ Amendment that was jointly put forward by the principal advocates of the Senate bill would allow employment-based immigration applicants with advanced degrees in science and high technology areas to follow a separate path and be exempt from the 650,000 quota cited earlier.

With the Bingaman amendment, employment-based immigration quota will increase to 650,000 annually, including dependents of these immigrants and the newly created H2C category for low skilled employment-based immigrants. Currently, the number of green cards issued to employment-based immigrants can not exceed 140,000. Bingaman’s spokesperson McCartney (NOT SURE ABOUT THIS NAME) noted, “This quota will not include people who apply for adjustment of status under family-based immigration and the future temporary worker programs.”

Some believe that it is positive to have a bigger quota under the Bingaman bill. However, American Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the actual benefits to current employment-based immigration applicants may turn out to be very limited, taking into consideration the 200,000 quota reserved for H2C workers and eventually an even larger share for their dependents.

An important item that has been commonly neglected is that the Senate bill will allow applicants with advanced degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related fields (STEM) to automatically apply for adjustment of status and get their green cards without regard to the employment-based numerical quota. This can be greatly favorable to Chinese and Indian immigrants.

Mr. Kapoor initiated ImmigrationVoice.org and has been actively lobbying the congress for the advancement of employment-based immigration reform since the end of last year. He commented on the recent development, “These articles are extremely important for Chinese and Indian immigrants alike. Once written into law, it will have an impact on millions of people.” He also reminds people that there is still a long way to go before the bill becomes law. Employment-based immigrants should make a concerted effort to turn the bill into law by lobbying and pressing the negotiation representatives from the Senate and the House when their names are released. ImmigrationVoice.org is not satisfied with the Bingaman bill. It plans to push through amendments during the negotiations between the houses and reach the goal of the original Senate bill that will maintain a 450,000 quota for employment-based immigrants before counting in dependents. The bill will also allow most immigrants with approved LCAs the ability to file for I-140 and I-485 applications even without visa number availability.

The Senate bill will also extend the optional practical training for foreign students from one year to two years and allow them to take off-campus jobs in fields not related to their majors given that the part-time work does not hinder their coursework.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Second Article

At least this is better than the google nonsense

Legal Immigration Backlog: Endless and Frustrating Wait
Average Waits for Employment-Based Immigration - 5 Years; Family-based as long as 12 Years; Senate Reform Bill that Stipulates 6 year Maximum Wait for Family-based Immigration Gets Attention

[Yan Tai – New York] The Senate debate on immigration reform legislation is close to an end. Legal immigrants who have been pushing through the acceleration of green card process hope to see major reforms for the application of both employment-based and family-based immigration in this week’s bill. Among the various articles, the one that stipulates a maximum wait of six years for family-based immigration gets the most attention.

The May 22nd release of a recent study “Legal Immigrants: Waiting Forever” by Washington DC research institute National Foundation for American Policy shows that the average waits for employer-sponsored immigration have been five years and family-sponsored were as long as twelve years due to quota constraints. The report suggests that congress should solve this problem through an increase of immigration quota.

Traci Hong, Director of Immigration Program at Asian American Justice Center commented in the press conference that even though the long wait for legal immigration status has long been the focus of concerns among the Asian immigrant communities, it has never drawn much attention from the congress and mainstream media. They never understood the hardship of legal immigrants going through these endless waits.

She said that clauses on legal immigration backlog reduction have been included since the McCain-Kennedy bill until the current version of the Senate immigration reform bill. She noted that the Senate will discuss this matter sometime this week. She also estimated that the bill will reduce wait times for family-based immigration to less than six years, if approved. This article will be very important for the Asian communities.

Employment-based immigrants from countries such as mainland China and India have also warned Senate about the backlog issues. Senator John Cornyn (Republican, Texas) noted that the difficulties that legal immigrants experience in their wait for status have inflicted families and business and will eventually harm the US economy. He has initiated an amendment for Senate discussion that will exempt special technical personnel from the green card quota limit.

Mr. Aman Kappor, founder of ImmigrationVoice.org, a website that represents individuals from India and China with advanced degrees commented that the endless and frustrating wait for employment-sponsored immigration visas have put many people in a limbo. The nearly 4,000 members of the organization are actively lobbying congress to come up with a solution. Cornyn and Texas Senator Sam Brownback have both put forward amendments through efforts of Immigration Voice.

Zhen Zhang, a software engineer in Maryland who assisted with the effort told the reporter that since his stay in the US in 1998, he has not even been able to obtain the LCA approval. He believes that congress did not pay much attention to legal immigrants because they have not made themselves heard. He hopes to work along with more and more employment-based immigrants to force the reduction of the prolonged backlog through congress.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immi2006 will become famous soon enough immi2006 will become famous soon enough
Default Can you spread the message to the Chinese Communities

Snowwang and others,

Can you make the IV goals to reach a wider audience with the chinese community. IV should not be seen as a Indian run organisation, it is an Org that takes care of the EB retro across the board not for any country in specific. If you can get this across the CHinese email network, that would really boost the efforts

Quote:
At least this is better than the google nonsense

Legal Immigration Backlog: Endless and Frustrating Wait
Average Waits for Employment-Based Immigration - 5 Years; Family-based as long as 12 Years; Senate Reform Bill that Stipulates 6 year Maximum Wait for Family-based Immigration Gets Attention

[Yan Tai – New York] The Senate debate on immigration reform legislation is close to an end. Legal immigrants who have been pushing through the acceleration of green card process hope to see major reforms for the application of both employment-based and family-based immigration in this week’s bill. Among the various articles, the one that stipulates a maximum wait of six years for family-based immigration gets the most attention.

The May 22nd release of a recent study “Legal Immigrants: Waiting Forever” by Washington DC research institute National Foundation for American Policy shows that the average waits for employer-sponsored immigration have been five years and family-sponsored were as long as twelve years due to quota constraints. The report suggests that congress should solve this problem through an increase of immigration quota.

Traci Hong, Director of Immigration Program at Asian American Justice Center commented in the press conference that even though the long wait for legal immigration status has long been the focus of concerns among the Asian immigrant communities, it has never drawn much attention from the congress and mainstream media. They never understood the hardship of legal immigrants going through these endless waits.

She said that clauses on legal immigration backlog reduction have been included since the McCain-Kennedy bill until the current version of the Senate immigration reform bill. She noted that the Senate will discuss this matter sometime this week. She also estimated that the bill will reduce wait times for family-based immigration to less than six years, if approved. This article will be very important for the Asian communities.

Employment-based immigrants from countries such as mainland China and India have also warned Senate about the backlog issues. Senator John Cornyn (Republican, Texas) noted that the difficulties that legal immigrants experience in their wait for status have inflicted families and business and will eventually harm the US economy. He has initiated an amendment for Senate discussion that will exempt special technical personnel from the green card quota limit.

Mr. Aman Kappor, founder of ImmigrationVoice.org, a website that represents individuals from India and China with advanced degrees commented that the endless and frustrating wait for employment-sponsored immigration visas have put many people in a limbo. The nearly 4,000 members of the organization are actively lobbying congress to come up with a solution. Cornyn and Texas Senator Sam Brownback have both put forward amendments through efforts of Immigration Voice.

Zhen Zhang, a software engineer in Maryland who assisted with the effort told the reporter that since his stay in the US in 1998, he has not even been able to obtain the LCA approval. He believes that congress did not pay much attention to legal immigrants because they have not made themselves heard. He hopes to work along with more and more employment-based immigrants to force the reduction of the prolonged backlog through congress.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Folks, sorry in advance for any error in my translation. I know you guys are forgiving people . I'm forwarding this to a senior member here for editing as well.

Senate Bill Amendment Increases Employment-based Immigration Quota to 650,000
Favorable News to Chinese Immigrants: Advanced Degrees in Science and Hi-tech Fields not Counted against Quota

Initiated by Senator Jeff Bingaman (New Mexico) and approved by the Senate, the amendment increases the 2007-2016 numerical quota for employment-based immigration from the current 140,000 to 650,000. Furthermore, the 115 page long Managers’ Amendment that was jointly put forward by the principal advocates of the Senate bill would allow employment-based immigration applicants with advanced degrees in science and high technology areas to follow a separate path and be exempt from the 650,000 quota cited earlier.

With the Bingaman amendment, employment-based immigration quota will increase to 650,000 annually, including dependents of these immigrants and the newly created H2C category for low skilled employment-based immigrants. Currently, the number of green cards issued to employment-based immigrants can not exceed 140,000. Bingaman’s spokesperson McCartney (NOT SURE ABOUT THIS NAME) noted, “This quota will not include people who apply for adjustment of status under family-based immigration and the future temporary worker programs.”.
Snowang,

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! [And thank you to whoever helped you with this too]

Hmm. Too bad they misunderstood what Bingaman tried to do. He actually tried to restrict the EB+dependent number not increase it. Thats the press for you, what can you do?

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 05-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeleybee
Snowang,

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! [And thank you to whoever helped you with this too]

Hmm. Too bad they misunderstood what Bingaman tried to do. He actually tried to restrict the EB+dependent number not increase it. Thats the press for you, what can you do?

best,
Berkeleybee
Bingman's 650,000 number includes entire EB immigration quota. Would the new 200,000 H-2C category guest workers also come under employment category? It is the case, that is really leaving only 450,000 for the existing EB quota. But this is better than 140,000 we had in the past.

Only the STEM provisions provide some relief. Not Bingaman's Amendment.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wenxue is on a distinguished road
Angry

I am chinese. I never see this as an Indian organisation.
We fight together, for a common goal

Acctualy I learned about Immigrationvoice from a Chinese popular website. It asked people to join and raise their voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immi2006
Snowwang and others,

Can you make the IV goals to reach a wider audience with the chinese community. IV should not be seen as a Indian run organisation, it is an Org that takes care of the EB retro across the board not for any country in specific. If you can get this across the CHinese email network, that would really boost the efforts

Old 06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Many of us are not Indian

Many of us are not Indian (I am from Latin America) but the truth is that it was an Indian group that started IV and many of the members are Indian. I agree that we should put the word out so everybody joins. However, we who aren't Indian or Chinese know we are the minority, but we can and will help too!