Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Member's Only Forum > State Chapters > Georgia (GA)
Click to log in with Facebook
Georgia (GA) Georgia (GA)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2008
Chargeability
:
UAE
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/06/2009
Compare
MONCYS has a spectacular aura about MONCYS has a spectacular aura about MONCYS has a spectacular aura about
Default Medical insurance

I am looking for a medical insurance in georgia for my family (me & wife is pregnant).

Please advise.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONCYS View Post
I am looking for a medical insurance in georgia for my family (me & wife is pregnant).

Please advise.
AFAIK, All personal health insurance coverage plans does not cover pregnancy during the first initial 18 months. If you find one, post here.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go to India

Seriously I would suggest to get the delivery done in India, if you dun have an insurance and no company gonna provide it right now.. travel to India. Medical insurance is very bad in this case here

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
DDash is a jewel in the rough DDash is a jewel in the rough DDash is a jewel in the rough
Default Ya Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
Seriously I would suggest to get the delivery done in India, if you dun have an insurance and no company gonna provide it right now.. travel to India. Medical insurance is very bad in this case here
and lose the opportunity of US Citizenship for the child.

My suggestion is: Try your best to have the delivery in USA and only if you cannot have the delivery in USA (for financial/health reasons) then have the delivery in India.

Check out this link for a discussion on surviving pregnancy without medical insurance.

http://www.babycenter.com/400_what-c...500752_1000.bc
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/515984

Also, for immediate care, search online for voluntary/Non-profit organizations where they provide the preg. care for starting months before you come up with other plans.

Good luck!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

Start with calling your Dept of health or Dept of Family and children svcs and talk with a agent there. they will guide you.
Every city has got options for delivery without pregnancy.
look for midwife associations.
if nothing works, talk to a doctor, hospital and negotiate the entire pregnancy costs.
nothing is impossible in this country.

Most cities have doctors/pregnancy clinics that have a fixed price pregnancy plans.

Ddash gave you a start. now do your research.
psaxena, get a life.

Update from a friend who works for the Dept of Child and family svcs in IL:
contact your local community health center, they have programs for pregnant women not covered under insurance.
try to go with a OBgyn, usually a group, they have fixed cost plans for normal deliveries. ranging from $2500 to $5000.
for adverse pregnancies, people who do not have an insurance, qualify for medicaid. the baby is a US citizen once he is born and is covered, and the mother falls on the babies coverage of state benefits if not covered.

Last edited by reddog; 02-24-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute

I think, pregnancy is considered as a pre-existing condition and no new insurance will cover the expenses related to that. I would check with Anthem BCBS and see if they have coverage in Georgia. Because, they cover maternity with some exceptions.

If you are looking for a Medical Insurance, just because you recently lost your job? Then I would say, use COBRA coverage from your ex-employer, if they offer one. Because, the COBRA premiums should be lot lesser than the total medical expenses you are going to incur.

We just had a baby, and I know how much it costs just for the delivery. Actually, the room charges are much higher than the medical expenses.

I lost my job in mid January, and our insurance was covered until the end of the month. Luckily, my baby was born in the same month, in fact on the same day, so everything was covered.

Insurance paid the major part, however we ended up paying several thousand just for the deductible and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONCYS View Post

Please advise.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
blueyonder will become famous soon enough
Default Get into group insurance

I had a similar situation, company went bankrupt when my wife was 2 months preg ( I was not eligible for cobra either). If you are laid-off you can get cobra benefits, if not the choices are as below ..

There are companies that offer Medical saving cards which partially covers some charges during pregnancy, but they are not insurance.

If you could find another job and get into their group insurance plan you are covered (you have to get into group insurance within 60 days for to be accepted).

Worst case ... you can visit county hospital for delivery.

But I would strongly suggest you to find a job and get into the group insurance plan ... check with the company for eligibility.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Compare
BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts
Default Share ur Status Info

What is ur status in country? Visitor who came here for delivery/Auto-Citizenship or H1-B or L -visa etc? This will help you weed un-necessary information being provided.

No-offense if you already answered