Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond
I think he is because this thread is in "backlog processing center". And even if he weren't stuck there, I still don't think banning of someone who is sad because these news are setting their own case back is fair. We've all been waiting for so long, some of us are operating on bitterness and misery so give compassion not banning.
I agree with you Almond. We have all been through tough times and been frustrated. My I-485 reached USCIS on July 2. I have reached the I-485 stage after 8 long years of waiting. I can totally understand bigtime007's frustration.
The next goal for IV would be to ramp up the fund drive and push for visa number recapture from past years. That would help alleviate the BEC fiasco.

Can we request admins to un"ban" bigtime007 ?

Now back to doing some real work. Almost the whole day has been spent on IV website.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jayz will become famous soon enough jayz will become famous soon enough
Default What happens to CP cases now?

While today's development is great news for folks in the 485/AOS cue, what happens with people in CP? With the opening of the floodgates, I am unsure when visas will be available to CP cases who were scheduled for interviews in Aug and beyond. I am a great supporter of today's victory, but I am unsure where CP cases stand now? Another 4 year wait?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
golgappas is on a distinguished road

Thank you waiting4GC. That is excellent advice and I am going to follow it. Especially since I dont have a birth certificate and have to figure out what affidavits I need.
Good luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4gc
To every stuck in BEC, please ensure that you have ALL the paper work ready to file 140/485. I would say even get your medicals done and keep them ready. Only reason I say is say that your case is approved a week from now, if you start collecting documents then you will probably have a hard time making the deadline. However if you do everything from now on, you will be able to file before August 17th. Especially your certificate of birth and affidavits of birth are VERY IMP and you need them. GET THEM RIGHT NOW.

Also since you are in BEC, I am assuming you priority date is 2004 or earlier. So you have a very good chance of becoming current in October. Your labors should be approved by then since BEC is supposed to be done in September. SO you medicals if not used right now, should come useful then.

Again, there is a risk of wasting a few hundred dollars on medical if your dates done become current for over a year, but the upside is too good to not take the chance. Just my opinion.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/08/2007
Compare
shaikhshehzadali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmrao2007
I should say you are one depressing fellow, if you are eligible to apply. If you are held up at BEC then, I feel very sorry for you.

Don't be a jerk....Instead of taunting at other...Just see what happens when u file I-485.....I-485 will take forever to complete.....and the same will be true for EAD renewal....USCIS simply cannot handle so much of applications...Instead of being overjoyed...be realistic and understand others problem....because I am 100% sure most of us will be in problems because of EAD renewals and other issues....

Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold
Default Hurry Up

Birth certificates are painful to obtain, do it asap. Fortunately for me I fall in Bombay consulate region so I HAD TO obtain it even to apply for H1 visa.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgappas
Thank you waiting4GC. That is excellent advice and I am going to follow it. Especially since I dont have a birth certificate and have to figure out what affidavits I need.
Good luck to you.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sarath99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestia
Please!!! somebody!!! open up champagne and close this thread!!!

How insensitive can you be ?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhshehzadali
Don't be a jerk....Instead of taunting at other...Just see what happens when u file I-485.....I-485 will take forever to complete.....and the same will be true for EAD renewal....USCIS simply cannot handle so much of applications...Instead of being overjoyed...be realistic and understand others problem....because I am 100% sure most of us will be in problems because of EAD renewals and other issues....
Agree, but this is still good news, not because of some immigration benefits we get, but it's a sign that USCIS could be attacked and the battle could be won. We are far from getting our GCs. It's my 8th year here, and I don't expect to get GC sooner than 3-4 years from now. I am June filer, so the July tornado will work against me. But I'm glad for July folks, because it's our little victory. It's a sign that "wanna be immigrants" do have power and we are able to achieve something.

Think positive...
I-485: Filed June, 2007

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

Old 07-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
p_aluri is on a distinguished road

Well some companies won't support the labor process again..

I really feel sorry for these guys..

Quote:
Hmm... valid point... sorry...

I have only one question to backlog victims... My LC was in backlog - but I refiled it under PERM - got it. Why people don't do that? Saving money? I've heard people are "stuck" on I-140. I got mine in 3 weeks (including RFE). Why don't you do premium? Saving money? I'm not judging anybody and may not know the details, so people could have reasons... but still... - money is not a valid reason and "company doesn't want" - is not a valid reason either.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
delhirocks will become famous soon enough

My heart goes out to you...if its any consolation, you would still end up getting the GC before most of us since you have an earlier PD. Hopefully you will have your labor cleared by sept. Good luck

Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
test101 will become famous soon enough

what is BEC?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Compare
mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkotamurthy
I was also a BEC victim until last Friday when online status chaged for my TR case to approved. I may barely scrape thru Aug 17th deadline to file I-140 & I-485. Unlike some people who are celebrating thinking that the battle is over, I would like to send a word of caution and restrain. I don't think the battle is over until you get GC in your hand. Miles to go before you sleep.This is just a temporary relief and you may be stuck with EAD/AP/FBI Name Check for many years and renewing all this junk and spending thousands of Dollars. The only relief is that you can choose your tormentor (read employer).

I am not trying to be cynical, but that's the hard truth.

Best wishes to those struck in BEC and also those who are going to be struck in EAD/AP quicksand.
What about this : Rotting in Phily BEC for 5 years to clear labor and then
rotting in FBI namecheck for another 3 - 4 years to clear I-485 ?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhirocks
My heart goes out to you...if its any consolation, you would still end up getting the GC before most of us since you have an earlier PD. Hopefully you will have your labor cleared by sept. Good luck

Are you sure, I asked this question on another forum and I was told that after you submit your I485 they're looking at your Receipt date and not your priority date anymore. I'm so confused now.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice
Default receipt/priority date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond
Are you sure, I asked this question on another forum and I was told that after you submit your I485 they're looking at your Receipt date and not your priority date anymore. I'm so confused now.
Here is what I think is going on. Formally they go by receipt date. If the whole system wasn't screwed up that much, then going by receipt date would be the same as going by PD.

But after asking people around, checking tracking web-sites, reading on forums I think they favor older PDs. As older PD as the waiting is less on average.

Although they sometimes approve recent cases, maybe it is up to officer or division.
I-485: Filed June, 2007

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, guys... i'm sorry... i didn't pay attention where this thread was from.

Franklin,
I just contributed $100
Order Details - Jul 17, 2007 3:54 PM PDT
Google Order #159884804274746

fairboy,
Hey, don't attack me personally. You can read my reasoning and YES, many people DO HAVE victim mentality and don't use every opportunity they have. So, don't judge.

Sorry for the rest... peace?
Eccelent bestia; you are a good man. People are valued based on how they react when they make mistake/slip. You reacted nobbily.

I an really sorry for all the folks stuck in BEC. All the best for them.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold
Default from what I have gathered

Once the priority dates are current, they go by receipt date. If the dates are not current, they go by receipt date. Anyways, they can do anything but by and large most people get approved according to priority date.

Quote:
Here is what I think is going on. Formally they go by receipt date. If the whole system wasn't screwed up that much, then going by receipt date would be the same as going by PD.

But after asking people around, checking tracking web-sites, reading on forums I think they favor older PDs. As older PD as the waiting is less on average.

Although they sometimes approve recent cases, maybe it is up to officer or division.