Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestia
Here is what I think is going on. Formally they go by receipt date. If the whole system wasn't screwed up that much, then going by receipt date would be the same as going by PD.

But after asking people around, checking tracking web-sites, reading on forums I think they favor older PDs. As older PD as the waiting is less on average.

Although they sometimes approve recent cases, maybe it is up to officer or division.

Agh, this lack of proper structure is so annoying. Fill this paperwork, send this one in, respond to this, check that, and in the end we have no idea of what's happening. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow to ask-a few times, to make sure they all say the same thing
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pns27
Eccelent bestia; you are a good man. People are valued based on how they react when they make mistake/slip. You reacted nobbily.

I an really sorry for all the folks stuck in BEC. All the best for them.
Nobly because he apologized, not because he donated, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4gc
Once the priority dates are current, they go by receipt date. If the dates are not current, they go by receipt date. Anyways, they can do anything but by and large most people get approved according to priority date.
So then my sorry behind should get some relief soon-I'm 2002

Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute

Grate advice waiting4gc: you don't know when the window of opportunity opens. So you BEC gusy stay prepared, do what in your hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4gc
To every stuck in BEC, please ensure that you have ALL the paper work ready to file 140/485. I would say even get your medicals done and keep them ready. Only reason I say is say that your case is approved a week from now, if you start collecting documents then you will probably have a hard time making the deadline. However if you do everything from now on, you will be able to file before August 17th. Especially your certificate of birth and affidavits of birth are VERY IMP and you need them. GET THEM RIGHT NOW.

Also since you are in BEC, I am assuming you priority date is 2004 or earlier. So you have a very good chance of becoming current in October. Your labors should be approved by then since BEC is supposed to be done in September. SO you medicals if not used right now, should come useful then.

Again, there is a risk of wasting a few hundred dollars on medical if your dates done become current for over a year, but the upside is too good to not take the chance. Just my opinion.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute pns27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond
Nobly because he apologized, not because he donated, right?

So then my sorry behind should get some relief soon-I'm 2002
That is correct, because he apologized.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default BEC folks

I can guarantee that the BEC problem is still on the agenda for IV's campaigning. It's another battle in the list we have

Thanks to all those that donated after my nagging everywhere - this will obviously help us to continue these fights.

Lastly, a little story about what BEC is.

Once upon a time, the Labor Certification stage was different. In these days (before late March 2005) Labor Certifications had a different process. When the PERM process started, all the old applications under the old system were sent to "BEC" or the ironically named "Backlog Elimination Centers".

In reality, these centers did not Eliminate any Backlog, so there are still TO THIS DAY, many pre March 05 PD people stuck in a black hole of delay awaiting for their

These delays have supposed to have been cleared many times now. Statements are made that "we will clear the backlog by X date" to be retracted and revised on numerous occasions.

So, really, it is highly understandable that those STILL stuck in these Centers are rather disheartened by today's announcement.

Please, people, have some humanity. Just because today is good for some, spare a thought in your celebrations to consider the pain this brings to others. Chances are, these people have been waiting in line longer than you have.
We are in this for the long haul, the BEC victims still have support from IV and we'll be fighting for you.

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DDLMODES is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile All the best wishes !

Hello Guys.

Hang in there. My TR PD is early 2004. I just missed June Visa bulletin because PBEC sent the LC after 2 weeks. That is how I ended up in this mess. Now I can apply and I feel sad for all you guys stuck there because I know that pain (my reputation is red because of it but I don't care).

To all the other guys who don't understand why we did not convert to RIR know this:

This was not suppose to happen. For years (after PERM) all I-485 filings were done by the priority date. That being said, re-filing under PERM would only give the confort of having the LC approved (less stress maybe) and having an I-140 which was providing 3 year H1B extension. Some of us were told by the lawyers that the risk is not worth it, some of us were stoped by the employer and some of us just did not like the risk (that is my case). Is not that easy to abandon a 2 year old application for a brand new one, especially since the BEC's were created to expedite this thing.

One thing I want to say to all BEC victims: Some of you may be able to squeeze the applications before Aug 17. The rest will most likely be able to file after October. Is not fair what is happening to you guys and I will not say that life is unfair and you should suck it up.... Your time will come also and I am sure it will be soon and before others that apply now and that is the way it should be.

All the best wishes !

Last edited by DDLMODES; 07-17-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice
Default regarding bigtime

I'm reposting here to just to get somebody's opinion. I'm really curious. Here..

I got intrigued about bigtime. Looked something up. Here is his post

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...4985#post84985

Note, posted on 06-16-2007.
"How long has your case been pending? My case is pending for only one month, not sure if my lawyer and employer will send email for me."

Which case is pending? LC? PERM? ONE MONTH? Is this a BEC victim?
I-485: Filed June, 2007

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger