Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bigtime007 is on a distinguished road
Default Feel sad for all of us stuck here

I have to say I am truely depressed by the news. With the flood gate open, I don't even dare to imagine when the Visa bulletin will retrogress to when it's open in October again... We are screwed totally.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice

Please!!! somebody!!! open up champagne and close this thread!!!
I-485: Filed June, 2007

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
test101 will become famous soon enough

r u kidding me ? people have been waitting for 5-10 years for this. No sad feelings here .

Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
test101 will become famous soon enough

r u kidding me ? people have been waitting for 5-10 years for this. No sad feelings here .

Old 07-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
buehler will become famous soon enough

People,

Please be aware of where you are posting. This is in the Backlog processing center forum. Mind you thousands of people are still stuck there for years and will not even have the opportunity to file for I-485 now. So how ever happy you are, please do not rub salt on their wounds.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default we do

feel bad for you.
also we know that this fight is not over
not till retrogression is finished.
let's keep this movement alive and work for everyone's benefit.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by buehler
People,

Please be aware of where you are posting. This is in the Backlog processing center forum. Mind you thousands of people are still stuck there for years and will not even have the opportunity to file for I-485 now. So how ever happy you are, please do not rub salt on their wounds.
Hmm... valid point... sorry...

I have only one question to backlog victims... My LC was in backlog - but I refiled it under PERM - got it. Why people don't do that? Saving money? I've heard people are "stuck" on I-140. I got mine in 3 weeks (including RFE). Why don't you do premium? Saving money? I'm not judging anybody and may not know the details, so people could have reasons... but still... - money is not a valid reason and "company doesn't want" - is not a valid reason either.
I-485: Filed June, 2007

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

Old 07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Exclamation Feel terrible for BEC victims, we can still help!

Bestia - not everyone has that option. I tried that too, but company wouldn't do that.

This is one of MANY issues that IV will still campaign for.

Please donate so we can carry on with rallies etc - it all costs money and we are low on funds!

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 07-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold

Why is it that anytime someone stuck in BEC so much as expresses his/her frustration people jump and ask them to "enjoy the ride/shut-up" or just ask for the thread to be closed?

Do you have any idea how many years ppl have been stuck in BEC. I see a lot of ppl who have PD's in 2006-2007 complaining about retrogression and at the person asks BEC sufferers to shut up! There are thousands who have been stuck in BEC and their PD's range from 2001-2004.

Please have some compassion for ppl who are going thru a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestia
Please!!! somebody!!! open up champagne and close this thread!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough

Really sad for BEC Folks, I know how it feels like to be struck in backlog for years while many new people get ahead of you.. my sympathies with you. Hope the PD will be current for all the BEC folks in October

Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of

Quote:

I have only one question to backlog victims... My LC was in backlog - but I refiled it under PERM - got it. Why people don't do that? Saving money? I've heard people are "stuck" on I-140. I got mine in 3 weeks (including RFE). Why don't you do premium? Saving money? I'm not judging anybody and may not know the details, so people could have reasons... but still... - money is not a valid reason and "company doesn't want" - is not a valid reason either.

Can you believe it, I never even knew I had that option until about a month ago! My lawyer never told me, he just said to wait, wait wait. I never knew. This thing took years off my life. And the stupidest of all was me, because I was in that victim mentality thinking that there was nothing to be done, as they were BACKlogged and thus you cannot jump or do anything about something when they are behind on paperwork.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fairboy is on a distinguished road
Default I like your judging of validity

Quote:

Caught up in the frenzy, your ability to reason seems to have gone out of the window. While we understand your jubiliation, think for a moment what happens to people who can't file before 17th Aug. How long do they have to wait even if they get their LC on 18th Aug?

Let me quote my example. Here I am waiting with a PD of Dec 2002 with my LC application rotting in PBEC. I am on my 8th year of H1 and the meantime, my company was acquired by another one. New company refuses to convert the TR to RIR but files another PERM in Feb 2007. Since Atlanta PERM processing center has developed a backlog of its own, it took forever to process the pending applications. Finally it was certified last Friday and I may yet be able file for 485 before Aug 17. This was because I am fortunate enough to be working for a big company with considerate managers. But I would never lose sight of victims whose applications are still rotting in PBEC and who might have their hands tied due to their circumstances.

If you can't understand their problems, at least do not run salt in the wounds.

fb

Old 07-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime007
I have to say I am truely depressed by the news. With the flood gate open, I don't even dare to imagine when the Visa bulletin will retrogress to when it's open in October again... We are screwed totally.

I know how you feel and you have my sympathies. I know someone else in this situation as well and she's pretty broken hearted by all this. How long have you been waiting?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold
Default I feel your pain

Guys,
I feel your pain. While I am happy for everyone (including myself) who will be able to file 485 now, I am sure IV will do its utmost to take this issue up now. We need more funds to carry on the process. I know that some core team members already had filed 485 but still they were waging the battle for us, the less fortunate ones. We will continue to fight for the ones stuck in BEC too.

To just give you a ray of hope, I think come October, the dates should still open around early 2004 so those people who are stuck in BEC should be able to file 485 very soon. Keeping fingers crossed for you and hoping for the best.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by buehler
People,

Old 07-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
mmrao2007 is infamous around these parts mmrao2007 is infamous around these parts mmrao2007 is infamous around these parts
Angry sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime007
I should say you are one depressing fellow, if you are eligible to apply. If you are held up at BEC then, I feel very sorry for you.

Last edited by mmrao2007; 07-17-2007 at 07:19 PM.