Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
eager_immi is on a distinguished road
Default All BEC people

First of let me tell you life is not fair. All BEC people everyone in this forum empathizes with you esp me since my husband is also a victm, even if they say u should have filed in PERM. I know for a lot of folks this was not a choice for you to make sometimes it is the company, lawyer, ur job situation that is the determining factor. So, please hang in there and contribute without bad mouthing IV. Maybe some of you should become a part of the core and fight for ur rights. The reason I say life is not fair bc people like my husband and I we are not in IT or work for IT consulting companies yet this whole backlog is created bc of that particular industry and abuses to the H1B system and we still suffer. Also, what happens when u work for huge companies that usually don't hire h1b but once they made the step they don't want to loose you since you are an investment for them and hence the wait 5 years to file ur GC. Again life is not fair when the business needs you to move to a different position, or downsizes and you have to start from scratch all over again. Both my husband and I are here for 10 years and are on our 8th year of H1 and this is the first time for me to file 485 with 2006 PD and his labor still has to be filed yet again in Perm. My point life is not fair but you cannot blame others. Very few people are lucky and get GC in a year or year half. If you look most people had some struggle some worse than others. Just be grateful that someone is ready to atleast listen to you and help you fight this long battle.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gunabcd can only hope to improve
Default Dear singhsa3

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3
What freedom and justice you are talking about? The folks on this forum are not responsible for you misery. So stop venting you frustation here. Though, I sympathize with you situtation but unfortuantely the whole legal system is unfair.
What we have done here is a good start, soon we will lobby for passing of SKIL bill . And the day is not far when you too will be benefitted by these efforts
Please and i'm begging you that please read the entire post and think for a moment before replying. I'm not in BEC, already filed my 485. I'm aware of the IV efforts towards getting relief for BEC people, I never disputed that. My point has been that the system and July bulletin is unfair (at least from one angle) and that calling it unfair/unjust should not upset others. I don't know what words were used by Bigtime and banning him was fair or unfair.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantak
I'm still wishing (and i'll be honest) USCIS come up with a reason/regulation/rule that will delay EAD for everyone until BEC people are able to file 485 OR in Oct they retrogress only till March 2005

This is not how you should have said, delay EAD for others just because people are struck at BEC. Comeon buddy show some wisdom, you should have said USCIS come out with a plan where as soon as BEC labor is cleared, they accept the applications for 485.
The reason i said that: the manpower/funds that will be spent on the 1M+ EADs can be made available to BECs (if possible) and get the BEC job done quicker. EADs will be delayed only by a few months. Also don't forget the "OR..." part dude.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you find/suspect one

If you find /or suspect one, do not forget to post abt them here
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10273 (Exposing Most Disruptive IV Members)

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet
I am aganist amnesty to these illegal posters who post offensive messages.

We are here legally. We follow all the rules, contribute.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet
I am aganist amnesty to these illegal posters who post offensive messages.

We are here legally. We follow all the rules, contribute.
With you buddy, if they are getting benefit that easily or they getting in our way. i have no problem if illegals get GC if they pay back-taxes equal to the average amount paid by legals + fine for breaking law and stand in the line behind us.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think, he mentioned about posting offensive messages by these people
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunabcd
With you buddy, if they are getting benefit that easily or they getting in our way. i have no problem if illegals get GC if they pay back-taxes equal to the average amount paid by legals + fine for breaking law and stand in the line behind us.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunabcd
Please and i'm begging you that please read the entire post and think for a moment before replying. I'm not in BEC, already filed my 485. I'm aware of the IV efforts towards getting relief for BEC people, I never disputed that. My point has been that the system and July bulletin is unfair (at least from one angle) and that calling it unfair/unjust should not upset others. I don't know what words were used by Bigtime and banning him was fair or unfair.
You want everyone else to suffer just because you suffered? or because older pd's suffered? life is not fair so get over with it... the sheer fact that you are in this country is a god's gift to you! So dont be judgmental about things...

btw my pd is feb 2003 and i'm very happy for everyone who will get the opportunity to get in the door!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager_immi
First of let me tell you life is not fair. All BEC people everyone in this forum empathizes with you esp me since my husband is also a victm, even if they say u should have filed in PERM. I know for a lot of folks this was not a choice for you to make sometimes it is the company, lawyer, ur job situation that is the determining factor. So, please hang in there and contribute without bad mouthing IV. Maybe some of you should become a part of the core and fight for ur rights. The reason I say life is not fair bc people like my husband and I we are not in IT or work for IT consulting companies yet this whole backlog is created bc of that particular industry and abuses to the H1B system and we still suffer. Also, what happens when u work for huge companies that usually don't hire h1b but once they made the step they don't want to loose you since you are an investment for them and hence the wait 5 years to file ur GC. Again life is not fair when the business needs you to move to a different position, or downsizes and you have to start from scratch all over again. Both my husband and I are here for 10 years and are on our 8th year of H1 and this is the first time for me to file 485 with 2006 PD and his labor still has to be filed yet again in Perm. My point life is not fair but you cannot blame others. Very few people are lucky and get GC in a year or year half. If you look most people had some struggle some worse than others. Just be grateful that someone is ready to atleast listen to you and help you fight this long battle.
There has been lots of unfair events in the immigration process. Genuine cases being stuck at BEC while labor-substituted/body shopping GCs with filings from small states when no one was working there etc got away with approvals.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 07-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sgaur_1977 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestia
I got intrigued about bigtime. Looked something up. Here is his post

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...4985#post84985

Note, posted on 06-16-2007.
"How long has your case been pending? My case is pending for only one month, not sure if my lawyer and employer will send email for me."

Which case is pending? LC? PERM? ONE MONTHS? Is this a BEC victim?
He is stuck in Atlanta for PERM...PD around April-07...though I feel sorry for Atlanta guys. This guy deserves a ban. Good riddance.

Please see the link in the attached message

Last edited by sgaur_1977; 07-18-2007 at 02:25 AM.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if I can file I-485 if my LC is approved before August 17th? Or should it be approved during month of July?

Thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold

I don't know the history of BigTime007 postings. Maybe he has said some things in the past that lead to the ban but his most recent post which got him banned seemed just like venting and nothing more.

What I do find annoying though is when ppl whose PD's are in 2006-2007 tell ppl rotting in BEC to "enjoy the ride". I have seen a few threads in the past where someone stuck in BEC was just venting and then ppl come along and tell them to "be happy for others". I don't get it. How is a person who is stuck for years, sees ppl with later cases get interim benefits, supposed to feel happy knowing they will still be stuck.

I think all these poor souls are looking for is a few words of sympathy and company of ppl in similiar situation (not very different from ppl complaining about retrogression mind you). If we can not do anything to help ppl stuck in those blackhole let's not rub salt into their wounds.

Lastly, regardless of whether you are stuck in BEC or expect to be stuck in retrogression for the next few years, there is no reason to be uncivil.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh
... I have seen a few threads in the past where someone stuck in BEC was just venting and then ppl come along and tell them to "be happy for others". I don't get it....
Come on, man. We are paying too much attention here. Look, there is always somebody stuck somewhere. People are stuck in BEC, in other contries. People are stuck in Afganistan, Bangalore, there are hungry people stuck in Africa. So? If there are hungry people, then I can't enjoy my dinner then? Someone always has to come and say "you enjoy and there are people stuck somewhere"? What's your reaction would be if someone come on your wedding and start complaining that he is impotent? - these are a little extreme examples, just to make a point.

I'm a June filer, and this July thing will hit me too, but I still congratulate those July filers. So what? I understand that we will start getting our EADs in a year (so we would be applying for next EAD once we got current one). I understand that USCIS officers will be irritated and pissed, they will be under tons of application and everybody will be calling and bugging them. So? I realize that it maybe will take 3-4 years for us to get GC. So? I realize that DOS might retrogress now dates for many years on Oct, and will not do the same stupid mistake as making dates current and unleashing the voluntary slaves. So?

Today was little tiny success and it was day of tiny celebration. There is day for complaining and there is day for celebration.
I-485: Filed June, 2007

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

Old 07-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jambapamba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestia
Come on, man. We are paying too much attention here. Look, there is always somebody stuck somewhere. People are stuck in BEC, in other contries. People are stuck in Afganistan, Bangalore, there are hungry people stuck in Africa. So? If there are hungry people, then I can't enjoy my dinner then? Someone always has to come and say "you enjoy and there are people stuck somewhere"? What's your reaction would be if someone come on your wedding and start complaining that he is impotent? - these are a little extreme examples, just to make a point.

I'm a June filer, and this July thing will hit me too, but I still congratulate those July filers. So what? I understand that we will start getting our EADs in a year (so we would be applying for next EAD once we got current one). I understand that USCIS officers will be irritated and pissed, they will be under tons of application and everybody will be calling and bugging them. So? I realize that it maybe will take 3-4 years for us to get GC. So? I realize that DOS might retrogress now dates for many years on Oct, and will not do the same stupid mistake as making dates current and unleashing the voluntary slaves. So?

Today was little tiny success and it was day of tiny celebration. There is day for complaining and there is day for celebration.
oh god...people stuck at BEC are compared to people "stuck" in afghanistan/africa. Dont understand what they are stuck for...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jambapamba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh
I don't know the history of BigTime007 postings. Maybe he has said some things in the past that lead to the ban but his most recent post which got him banned seemed just like venting and nothing more.

What I do find annoying though is when ppl whose PD's are in 2006-2007 tell ppl rotting in BEC to "enjoy the ride". I have seen a few threads in the past where someone stuck in BEC was just venting and then ppl come along and tell them to "be happy for others". I don't get it. How is a person who is stuck for years, sees ppl with later cases get interim benefits, supposed to feel happy knowing they will still be stuck.

I think all these poor souls are looking for is a few words of sympathy and company of ppl in similiar situation (not very different from ppl complaining about retrogression mind you). If we can not do anything to help ppl stuck in those blackhole let's not rub salt into their wounds.

Lastly, regardless of whether you are stuck in BEC or expect to be stuck in retrogression for the next few years, there is no reason to be uncivil.
I didn't read bigtime* posts either...but if he was being uncivil to us who are filing...its not right. He has every right to be frustrated but being uncivil is not right.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
vjkypally is infamous around these parts vjkypally is infamous around these parts
Default Remove the ban

Though bigtime's comment was inappropriate it was made in a thread for BEC victims and thus banning him was a complete mistake. There should be a certain criteria for banning people. I have been with iv for last 2 months and only issue I found is this intolerance for difference in opinion. I guess its ok to ban someone who 2 days back went on and on abt why spouses shouldnt get EAD etc, his general tone was completely against wht we all stand for. Yet I think he wasnt banned and this poor guy was banned when he just showed his frustration.