Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestia
I got intrigued about bigtime. Looked something up. Here is his post

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...4985#post84985

Note, posted on 06-16-2007.
"How long has your case been pending? My case is pending for only one month, not sure if my lawyer and employer will send email for me."

Which case is pending? LC? PERM? ONE MONTHS? Is this a BEC victim?

Frist, sorry for the confusion. I do have a 05/2007 PD at Atlanta PERM center. I came to the country in 1999 for grad school, started working with OPT in 2001, converted to H1 in 2002, laid off in 2002, started working again in 2002 with a new employer, filed labor in 2004 and got stuck in BEC ever since. The employer refused to file PERM, so I had change to a new company in 2006, and had PERM filed in 2007 and got stuck there again. Your are right, I am technically not in BEC, but psychologically I always feel I am in there.

I did not know what was 'disruptive' and 'inappropriate' about what I said. This is a board for BEC victims, so BEC victims are not allowed to express our frustration? I just expressed my depress and my concerns over how much this will retrogress the PD without targeting anyone. When tons of people run in front of our queue and shut us out in cold, we are supposed to 'enjoy the moment' with them? If so, when USCIS said no one can file 485 on July 2nd, why none of the people enjoy the happiness with those who already filed, because that will make their processing time much faster. People said we should feel happy for those who can file, because they now can get EAD/AP for their spouses, as if our spouse do not need EAD/AP. And as a result of this total mess, I don't think we'll have hope in another several years to see the date current.

IV core keeps telling us, BEC is always on their agenda. Really? If they did not even understand our pain and consider our frustration a disruption to people's happiness, how can we expect them to help? I still think IV is a great org, as it's the first such organization to speak out for legal immigrants. But when it comes to BEC victims, I did not see IV changed anything, or intend to change anything.

btw my original ID is still being banned
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime008
I am technically not in BEC, but psychologically I always feel I am in there.
What a joke I don't think its gonna help you build your credibility though

Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up You are correct..

Quote:
Come on, man. We are paying too much attention here. Look, there is always somebody stuck somewhere. People are stuck in BEC, in other contries. People are stuck in Afganistan, Bangalore, there are hungry people stuck in Africa. So? If there are hungry people, then I can't enjoy my dinner then? Someone always has to come and say "you enjoy and there are people stuck somewhere"? What's your reaction would be if someone come on your wedding and start complaining that he is impotent? - these are a little extreme examples, just to make a point.

I'm a June filer, and this July thing will hit me too, but I still congratulate those July filers. So what? I understand that we will start getting our EADs in a year (so we would be applying for next EAD once we got current one). I understand that USCIS officers will be irritated and pissed, they will be under tons of application and everybody will be calling and bugging them. So? I realize that it maybe will take 3-4 years for us to get GC. So? I realize that DOS might retrogress now dates for many years on Oct, and will not do the same stupid mistake as making dates current and unleashing the voluntary slaves. So?

Today was little tiny success and it was day of tiny celebration. There is day for complaining and there is day for celebration.
Bestia, you are again correct. This is tiny success and lot of hardwork has to be done to make this whole GC process a smooth process. Your posting keep the web alive.. cheers.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold

bestia,

My point is enjoy your dinner, yes you can't worry about every hungry man but don't tell the hungry to enjoy the hunger! If we can't help them let's not rub it in their face. That's all I am saying. Anyway, my comment wasn't meant for you. You have shown understanding. I did see a few ppl earlier who literally asked ppl to "shut up and enjoy the ride". That really pi*** me off.

Quote:
Come on, man. We are paying too much attention here. Look, there is always somebody stuck somewhere. People are stuck in BEC, in other contries. People are stuck in Afganistan, Bangalore, there are hungry people stuck in Africa. So? If there are hungry people, then I can't enjoy my dinner then? Someone always has to come and say "you enjoy and there are people stuck somewhere"? What's your reaction would be if someone come on your wedding and start complaining that he is impotent? - these are a little extreme examples, just to make a point.
Bigtime008,
Its really your judgement call if you believe whether IV is an organization that is helping BEC victims. I think the focus of this organization is retrogression relief. Nothing wrong or right about it.

Quote:
IV core keeps telling us, BEC is always on their agenda. Really? If they did not even understand our pain and consider our frustration a disruption to people's happiness, how can we expect them to help? I still think IV is a great org, as it's the first such organization to speak out for legal immigrants. But when it comes to BEC victims, I did not see IV changed anything, or intend to change anything.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default Brings some logic to the posts !

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemygc
None has called a ban for anyone being differ but it's just the way you express your opinions by using the words like "herd mentality", "dimwitted" etc. Not that you have accepted that you are here for news only, I don't think we need people like you.
IV is not a news site. It's a group of people who are fighting for a common cause. One needs to understand the common cause is not just helping July filers or people affected with retrogress but a bigger aim of helping all the legal employment-based immigrants. But one also needs to understand that not all the objective can be accomplished at a time and we need to strike the iron when it's hot and make every opportunity count, be it a BEC, retrogression, July filer or Visa recapturing.

Having said that, I do agree that BEC is one of the issue which should definitely be focussing on next. I'm sure IV members (even if they are not a BEC victim) will support whole heartedly any cause which can bring some relief to BEC victms. What we need is a united front and some unique ideas like flower campaign. Do not forget the flower campaign idea was pursued by one of the IV member who was not part of core.

I think critics of both sides of the argument need to have their say but in a decent manner. This is a public forum and while personal opinions are welcome please be sensitive to the situation other people are in before making any statements. Everybody needs a place to vent out but this is not an forum for vents, it is for a common cause. While we acheive some small victories in this long wait the actual battle is ahead of us and lets not lose focus. There might be many of our fellow members who might become inactive because they recd their GC's or simply not interested anymore and yet at the same time there would be many more new members joining the group for help and advise.

It is imperative to understand , as often pointed out by logiclife, that one person's loss is not anothers gain here. While some of us may feel bad because even latest PERM approved can file 485 while BEC stuck filers are waiting in the benches there is no guarantee that they will get GC before us. If that were true then there would be not so many people waiting here for their GC's. I do feel worried to an extent about how this might affect my chances of getting a GC(waiting 7 yrs already, 485 filed 3 yrs ago) but is there anything we can do to change this? -certainly, the way to change it is to look at the big picture and try to eliminate the reasons for the backlog issue and see that reduced. If that is done and we see some changes on account of the SKILL bill or any of the other initiatives like re-capture of old unused visas or one Visa number per family then all of us would be in a better situation.

For those people who are insensitive to the emotions of people who are stuck in BEC remember till yesterday you were also cursing USCIS(irrespective of your PD) about not being able to file 485 and yet today you scorn those who feel wronged for not being able to file because of this BEC mess.

Lets all unite and try to work towards the large picture issues rather than squabbling over things like this. TO BAN or Not to BAN is IV moderators perogative, if somebody violated the spirit they need to get a warning and given a chance to change or then banned..my thoughts..

cheers

Old 07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about
Default IV has always kept BEC in mind

Quote:
IV core keeps telling us, BEC is always on their agenda. Really?
I am also stuck in BEC, but I know IV has kept BEC victims in mind.

See the following links

Pappu
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6084 (IV's message to all BEC victims happy with visa bulletin)
Quote:
It is thru expert drafting and analysis of IV core and its push with various like minded orgs that we got AC21 provisions of H1 re-instated by striking the text in "grand bargain" draft that removed it. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WERE HELPED AND WHOSE CAREERS AND PRIORITY DATES WERE SAVED BY THAT CHANGE ARE BACKLOG CENTER VICTIMS.
LogicLife
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...024#post100024

PD - May 2004

Old 07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL...Couldn't help myself after reading this thread... Guys who are frustrated..i totally commiserate with all of you who are stuck in BEC..All the july filers would be eligible to file for their 485s and would get their EAD's ad AP's a couple of months earlier than the folks stuck in BEC.The BEC folks would get them too when the dates move starting Oct 1st.

Its ultimately the PD thats important for the green card..since you already have your PD much before than the june fliers,you always have your place in the GC line. Unless you guys come and join us its not gonna move...

Old 07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Its just the Battle that has been won guys.,...the War is still on.. Its just the beginning ..everyone has just started taking us seriously...We gotta trust IV and support them (Ourselves) in every step...

Last edited by arrarrgee; 07-18-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts bigtime008 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk2
Quote from LogicLife's post

'And finally, if you do rejoice at the revisions of July bulletin because that would somehow do justice to you and your other BEC brothers, please rejoice privately, not publicly. Rejoice all you want, if that's what gives you happiness, but send PMs to your BEC friends or do it over the phone. Have a barbeque at your home. Have a conference call and celebrate. '

If all others can rejoice the open of visa filing at our expense publicly, why couldn't we rejoice something that'd bring fairness? Why don't they rejoince in private? You think they have us in mind? I call that BS.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold
Default Was sympathetic to you earlier

Now I see why you got banned. What you did not realize is others were not rejoicing anything "AT YOUR EXPENSE". They were just enjoying what was available to them. You are the one who wants to make it a zero sum game i.e. gain for others is loss for you and vice versa.

While others were celebrating what was good for them, you want to rejoice others pain. That is just *sic*. I retract my earlier support for you.

Do I think that its unfair that people (I started my GC in May 04) from 06,07 will clog up queue, yes, but such is life. Can't do much about that can we? So enjoy whatever good is happening. Please remember, what goes around comes around. If you rejoice others unhappiness, you too will soon join them.

Quote:
Quote from LogicLife's post

'And finally, if you do rejoice at the revisions of July bulletin because that would somehow do justice to you and your other BEC brothers, please rejoice privately, not publicly. Rejoice all you want, if that's what gives you happiness, but send PMs to your BEC friends or do it over the phone. Have a barbeque at your home. Have a conference call and celebrate. '

If all others can rejoice the open of visa filing at our expense publicly, why couldn't we rejoice something that'd bring fairness? Why don't they rejoince in private? You think they have us in mind? I call that BS.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

=======================

Message from IV for BEC victims

We are aware of the issue and if there is any acion item, we will post it.

also be aware of what we posted earlier on this issue:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6084 (IV's message to all BEC victims happy with visa bulletin)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...024#post100024
=========================

Old 07-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy
Does anyone know if I can file I-485 if my LC is approved before August 17th? Or should it be approved during month of July?

Thanks

Does anyone have an answer for this? Appreciate some response.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4gc
Now I see why you got banned. What you did not realize is others were not rejoicing anything "AT YOUR EXPENSE". They were just enjoying what was available to them. You are the one who wants to make it a zero sum game i.e. gain for others is loss for you and vice versa.

While others were celebrating what was good for them, you want to rejoice others pain. That is just *sic*. I retract my earlier support for you.
Please don't misunderstand me, I did not rejoice their pain, I rejoice what was good for me.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
RRG is on a distinguished road
Default bigtime008 is a looser

People like bigtime008 are loosers.

They will think of themselves only. Characteristics of such peoiple are: Selfish

Instead of celebrating the greater good for all, they are just worried about what they are getting out of it.
These people join a group for security; but will always think only about themselves and will take every opportunity to demoralize the whole team.

We know BEC is an issue and there is sympathy for them, but does it mean we want to stop 700K people with families not getting a chance to better their lives.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about

Please stop posting such rude and derogatory posts for people stuck at BECs. It's very easy to criticize if you are in a better position than someone. But remember, you could also have been one among them. Then, if you were expressing your dissatisfaction and instead have people call you losers, you wouldn't begin to imagine how that feels. So, be happy you are getting this window of opportunity but stop this ugly bashing and blaming of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRG
People like bigtime008 are loosers.

They will think of themselves only. Characteristics of such peoiple are: Selfish

Instead of celebrating the greater good for all, they are just worried about what they are getting out of it.
These people join a group for security; but will always think only about themselves and will take every opportunity to demoralize the whole team.

We know BEC is an issue and there is sympathy for them, but does it mean we want to stop 700K people with families not getting a chance to better their lives.