Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about
Default Moderators

Can someone please close this thread. It is really ugly and some people have really gone overboard with their criticisms. Need to introduce some serious ettiquette in this forum.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Can we doubleban?

Is there a thing called Double Ban? If there is ban this self centered piece of crap again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunabcd
Most people showing their cool wisdom still not getting the point. A BEC person with Feb 2005 PD may not be able to file for another 2 years while a PD 2007 person will be enjoying EAD during that time. In my dictionary this is injustice. And that's why i was kinda happy when they updated the July bulletin, now I'm not really happy even if my company has already filed my 485/EAD on july 2. I'm still wishing (and i'll be honest) USCIS come up with a reason/regulation/rule that will delay EAD for everyone until BEC people are able to file 485 OR in Oct they retrogress only till March 2005.

P.S. if you are superstitious, you want to know this: most of my relatives/freinds call me "Black Tongue" because usually when i say something unpleasent it happens. e.g. i told my wife last month that i don't believe everyone is able to file 485, something will go wrong and everyone will be disappointed. (when everyone expects something it does not happen- contrarian theory)

Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Boy!, I feel like hugging you (Jadu ki zappi). By the way my story is very similar to you
Came to USA in 1999 to do MBA from a top US school. Joined a multinational org in 2001, filled my labor in 2002, got laid off in 2005, Filled my another labor in 2005.
But look , I am cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime008
Frist, sorry for the confusion. I do have a 05/2007 PD at Atlanta PERM center. I came to the country in 1999 for grad school, started working with OPT in 2001, converted to H1 in 2002, laid off in 2002, started working again in 2002 with a new employer, filed labor in 2004 and got stuck in BEC ever since. The employer refused to file PERM, so I had change to a new company in 2006, and had PERM filed in 2007 and got stuck there again. Your are right, I am technically not in BEC, but psychologically I always feel I am in there.

I did not know what was 'disruptive' and 'inappropriate' about what I said. This is a board for BEC victims, so BEC victims are not allowed to express our frustration? I just expressed my depress and my concerns over how much this will retrogress the PD without targeting anyone. When tons of people run in front of our queue and shut us out in cold, we are supposed to 'enjoy the moment' with them? If so, when USCIS said no one can file 485 on July 2nd, why none of the people enjoy the happiness with those who already filed, because that will make their processing time much faster. People said we should feel happy for those who can file, because they now can get EAD/AP for their spouses, as if our spouse do not need EAD/AP. And as a result of this total mess, I don't think we'll have hope in another several years to see the date current.

IV core keeps telling us, BEC is always on their agenda. Really? If they did not even understand our pain and consider our frustration a disruption to people's happiness, how can we expect them to help? I still think IV is a great org, as it's the first such organization to speak out for legal immigrants. But when it comes to BEC victims, I did not see IV changed anything, or intend to change anything.

btw my original ID is still being banned

Old 07-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Angry USCIS is so unfair

USCIS should have gone back in history to see when you stroke of bad luck started and as a compensation of your "suffering" should have awarded you a PD of 1995 (even before you came to US)

DAMN them USCIS..!!

Quote:
Frist, sorry for the confusion. I do have a 05/2007 PD at Atlanta PERM center. I came to the country in 1999 for grad school, started working with OPT in 2001, converted to H1 in 2002, laid off in 2002, started working again in 2002 with a new employer, filed labor in 2004 and got stuck in BEC ever since. The employer refused to file PERM, so I had change to a new company in 2006, and had PERM filed in 2007 and got stuck there again. Your are right, I am technically not in BEC, but psychologically I always feel I am in there.

I did not know what was 'disruptive' and 'inappropriate' about what I said. This is a board for BEC victims, so BEC victims are not allowed to express our frustration? I just expressed my depress and my concerns over how much this will retrogress the PD without targeting anyone. When tons of people run in front of our queue and shut us out in cold, we are supposed to 'enjoy the moment' with them? If so, when USCIS said no one can file 485 on July 2nd, why none of the people enjoy the happiness with those who already filed, because that will make their processing time much faster. People said we should feel happy for those who can file, because they now can get EAD/AP for their spouses, as if our spouse do not need EAD/AP. And as a result of this total mess, I don't think we'll have hope in another several years to see the date current.

IV core keeps telling us, BEC is always on their agenda. Really? If they did not even understand our pain and consider our frustration a disruption to people's happiness, how can we expect them to help? I still think IV is a great org, as it's the first such organization to speak out for legal immigrants. But when it comes to BEC victims, I did not see IV changed anything, or intend to change anything.

btw my original ID is still being banned

Old 07-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold

Great way to show your sympathy! Calling ppl names...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRG
People like bigtime008 are loosers.

They will think of themselves only. Characteristics of such peoiple are: Selfish

Instead of celebrating the greater good for all, they are just worried about what they are getting out of it.
These people join a group for security; but will always think only about themselves and will take every opportunity to demoralize the whole team.

We know BEC is an issue and there is sympathy for them, but does it mean we want to stop 700K people with families not getting a chance to better their lives

Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tinamatthew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongha_2000
Is there a thing called Double Ban? If there is ban this self centered piece of crap again.
What is BEC? Maybe I don't understand. How can someone on BEC with PD 2005 not get an EAD b4 a PD of 2007?

Pls enlighten me

Thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road

Please close this thread... Someone wanted to apologize, they apologized... done deal... no point going on.. I have mentioned in my posts before that if you dont like someone or what they have to say add them to Ignore list, their posts wont show up while you are browsing threads... Lets keep the forum clean and informative... Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunabcd
Most people showing their cool wisdom still not getting the point. A BEC person with Feb 2005 PD may not be able to file for another 2 years while a PD 2007 person will be enjoying EAD during that time. In my dictionary this is injustice. And that's why i was kinda happy when they updated the July bulletin, now I'm not really happy even if my company has already filed my 485/EAD on july 2. I'm still wishing (and i'll be honest) USCIS come up with a reason/regulation/rule that will delay EAD for everyone until BEC people are able to file 485 OR in Oct they retrogress only till March 2005.

P.S. if you are superstitious, you want to know this: most of my relatives/freinds call me "Black Tongue" because usually when i say something unpleasent it happens. e.g. i told my wife last month that i don't believe everyone is able to file 485, something will go wrong and everyone will be disappointed. (when everyone expects something it does not happen- contrarian theory)
RD: 9/4/07
SC: TSC
I-140 Approved 08/16/2008
PD: Mar 2005 (EB 2 India)

Contributions:
1. Sent Letters to Area Representatives and Senators.
2. Sent Letters to news media.
3. Sent Thank You cards.
4. $100 Order Details - Aug 10, 2007 3:13 PM EDT Google Order #462077719238648
5. Sponsored $100 for a person (Sachin B from FL) to go to DC.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
vrkgali will become famous soon enough vrkgali will become famous soon enough
Default this is what called holding the frustration

I applied for my labor during sept 2002.Just before my labor getting cleared, they started this BEC 's and sent my application to PBEC and it it was cleared during 2006 April.( after 3 and 1/2 years)

During this period I got one year of extension for my H1B and sent papers to the attorney for I-140.That stupid attorney did not file my I-140 for the next 4 months just like that.( god only knows what happened bw, my employer and attorney). and at last we changed the attorney and applied for I-140 during 2006 November. and during 2007 Feb I put my I-140 for premium processing.

Before I get RFE for the premium processing , the USCIS mistook my employer name with other employer and denied my I-140.And again After the attorney clarified them about the RFE , they Put my I-140 into Abeyance state. That means I can not File for I-485 because my I-140 is not in pending state and I can not apply for I-140 again becuase I-140 is not in denied state.

And for the past 3 months My I-140 is in neither pending , nor Denied state and my attorney does not even answer for the question whether I can Apply for the H1B extension.

all these years I am very patient , but once the dates are current , I am lieing , If I say that I am not jealous of those who is able to apply for I-485 , who came to USA in Jan 2007.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough
Default Am i pissed off?

Yes ? No?

I applied my Lab at Sep 2001 got approved in Ocy 2005. I140 cleared in 3 months. Now I applied for my I 485 in June 2007.

My friend applied his lab through the same company in May 2001. Got GC 3 years back.

Another friend came to this coutry in Dec 2006. Applied lab in Feb 2007. He is going to apply his I485 tomorrow.

What should I say? Am I pissed?

Ahahaha good luck guys.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jayram123 will become famous soon enough

Is it not all about the bottomline?

Can any one of you as a single person make a difference? NO

Can WE as a group make a difference? YES and we have proved that.

Are WE focused as a group? Yes. In its entirety? No, and we will probably never be since we are a group.

This mess was not created by the guy with a PD of 2007 but by USCIS. So, you can hate USCIS all you want but what did the guy with PD2007 do. He just got lucky. He got lucky, plain and simple. Why should anybody feel bad about someone else's luck?

Come on guys, at least some of us are seeing the end of the light. Don't think I am PD 2007. My PD is Dec 2003. This is my fourth employer I am pursuing my GC with. I started working in 1997 and my first labor was filed in 1997. For various reasons I had to switch. I have seen all different cases. People who came in 2004 and got their GC by 2005. Is it fair? No, but it isn't the guy's fault. It is USCIS's and that's what we are trying to change. One issue at a time.

This was a can't miss opportunity caused by the USCIS foul-up. Nobody could miss out on pursuing this. Now that we are done with that, I am sure core will focus on other important issues like BEC victims etc.

Hope that helps. Peace!

Last edited by jayram123; 07-18-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Compare
manish_jain99 is on a distinguished road
Default Remove that Ban

People were very happy with the last USCIS announcement but we all forgot about pain of people who are stuck in years of backlog. Though some of those unfortunate may have used harsh or improper language, but they had all the right to express their feelings. We all talk about Gandhian philosophy, but we need to be more tolerant. Before we ask to ban anyone from our forum, please try to put yourself in their shoes.

Our fight is far from over, we should all fight for for in-justice made to people who are trapped in the bureaucracy.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_jain99
People were very happy with the last USCIS announcement but we all forgot about pain of people who are stuck in years of backlog. Though some of those unfortunate may have used harsh or improper language, but they had all the right to express their feelings. We all talk about Gandhian philosophy, but we need to be more tolerant. Before we ask to ban anyone from our forum, please try to put yourself in their shoes.

Our fight is far from over, we should all fight for for in-justice made to people who are trapped in the bureaucracy.

banning people is not the solution to the problem...live and let live...reasonbly

Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
delhirocks will become famous soon enough

These are really sad set of circumstances. My heart goes out to you. If it is of any consolation, once your 140 is aprooved, you would be able to file for 485 (hopefully in Oct-07) and with a PD of 2002, you should get your GC before most of us..good luck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrkgali
I applied for my labor during sept 2002.Just before my labor getting cleared, they started this BEC 's and sent my application to PBEC and it it was cleared during 2006 April.( after 3 and 1/2 years)

During this period I got one year of extension for my H1B and sent papers to the attorney for I-140.That stupid attorney did not file my I-140 for the next 4 months just like that.( god only knows what happened bw, my employer and attorney). and at last we changed the attorney and applied for I-140 during 2006 November. and during 2007 Feb I put my I-140 for premium processing.

Before I get RFE for the premium processing , the USCIS mistook my employer name with other employer and denied my I-140.And again After the attorney clarified them about the RFE , they Put my I-140 into Abeyance state. That means I can not File for I-485 because my I-140 is not in pending state and I can not apply for I-140 again becuase I-140 is not in denied state.

And for the past 3 months My I-140 is in neither pending , nor Denied state and my attorney does not even answer for the question whether I can Apply for the H1B extension.

all these years I am very patient , but once the dates are current , I am lieing , If I say that I am not jealous of those who is able to apply for I-485 , who came to USA in Jan 2007.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Your apologies are accepted and the ban is lifted. Please make sure not to post anything offensive or disruptive. Please also update your profile. You were anonymous and you are still anonymous. We do not welcome annonymous users and their posts. IV does not even answer any anonymous user or helps any anonymous user in PMs or emails.

Making mistakes anonymously and apologizing anonymously has zero value to us.

Quote:
Hi all, this is the new ID of bigtime007. As many has noticed, I was banned for the following reason:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Disruptive posts

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

After thinking about it, I feel very very sorry for disrupting the cheerful atmosphere on this forum. It is time for champagne, not complaints. This should be a place to congratulate and applaud IV's achievements, instead of that to express one's own frustrations. People with 07 PD has the privilege to cheer when they cut in front of us, but we should not feel sad for being pushed back because it is a disruptive behavior.

Please do not list what you have done to add items in the legislation to help BEC victims, it does not look genuine any more when it is considered disruptive to express one's depression on a board specially for BEC victims.

This will be my last post, as I am sure they will ban both my ID and IP. For everyone who still reads my post, Good luck!

Last edited by pappu; 07-24-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

Pappu - Thanks for removing the ban!

OP - I honestly feel very sorry for all the people out there who are stuck at PBEC... Its the most unfortunate thing in the whole GC process. And I truly believe that IV Core should treat labor backlog issue as one of their top priority items.

I had filed 2 labor apps in 2004. One from NJ in Jun 2004 and other one from IL in Nov. 2004.. I consider myself lucky to get my IL labor approval. Dont know the status of NJ labor.. I think it might be stuck in backlog too!
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date