Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Regal22 is on a distinguished road
Default LC cleared, but still ready to join the fight against DOL's injustice

I heard from my lawyer today that my LC was finally cleared. When I heard the news, on one hand I felt a sigh of relief, but on another hand I was still feeling angry. It took almost 5 years to get the clearance in spite of being a simple straightforward case. I was simply exhausted with the long wait time and there was simply no energy left to celebrate. Though my LC has cleared, I still would like to join the fight against this injustice. If there is any effort on anyone’s part to address this injustice, I would like to support in any way I can.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
zephyrr has a spectacular aura about zephyrr has a spectacular aura about
Default is it?

normally i would not respond to such a comment, but let me give a simple example...

let us say that the Fed suddenly comes out and changes the interest rates on the market, say from 5% to 8%. do you know what'll happen to it? it will cause chaos to say the least, and even worse. well, according to your reasoning, the Fed could say, hard luck guys, better luck next time...there are no rules binding the Fed to align interest rates to market expectations... - but guess what, the Fed tries hard, real hard to do just that - to keep interest rates in line with market expecations. it is a question of bringing stability and fairness to the system (in this case the market).

the same should be true of stupid govt immigration agencies. and if u call it luck, well it is time to change it, isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_ny
Its delayed process and not a deliberate effort that is the reason for you not getting your LC. I see no logic for you to su DOL. I do feel bad for you but I will say sit back as these things some time happens with every one. I am sure you will be in good shape as Backlog processing Center will be finishing remaining LC's very soon.

Its just luck ....
welcome notice: may 21 2008
contrib: $300, flower campaign, letters

Old 07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
schandra is infamous around these parts
Default I Support

I am also, stuck in this whole BEC debacle. Mine is Oct 2003 EB3 and still stuck in Labor. And the very fact that the FY 2008 quote availability is very uncertain and we might not be able to apply for I-140/485 for years now makes it even more frustrating.
I am new to this team, so please tell me what I can do anything to help this issue to be raised.

Subbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Wait2002
I am one of the victims here. I filed my labor on August 2002 EB2 and it is still waiting in the backlog center In-Process. I (w)hole-heartedly support for this...i guess we should send flowers to backlog centers...

Old 07-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
aquarianf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by risker
Hey, thanks for the support. Please talk to anyone who know has been affected personally. Please spread the word. I with few other people will talk to a lawyer soon on this to get things initiated.

But we will need enough support to gather a critical mass and start things rolling in the right track.

So can we have a online form where everyone affected can sign in? How do we do that?

Did you talk to IV core about this issue? What is there position on this issue? Have they raised this issued when they lobby/meet conngressman/congresswomwn/senators regarding other agendas. If not may be you can your help to raise this issue when they meet with lawmakers.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jgh_res will become famous soon enough

You may be all right as far as your discussion is concerned but for the following one:

1000 people * $20 each = $20 K. So that is not an impossibility.

1000 people donating 20 bucks each, dude you are day dreaming. If you are seriously into this law suit stuff, be prepared to speand MONEY, TIME, ENERGY of your own and not 20$ from your side.

Did you not hear about how Aman spent 60+K of his own. So.....
I contributed around 300$ till now to IV.

Quote:
I am one of the several may be thousand who have been affected. I am not using this for my slefish purposes. I am trying to get the suppoprt of IV and its members for this cause. I am not disagreeing with IV in any way.

This is an agenda for a common cause for all affected people and I want everyone to support.

Someone has to sow the seed and start the process. Doesn't mean since I started the thread it is my selfish agenda. It is part of IV's goal to get justice for all people who are affected by any immigration issue. So IV is the right forum to raise this issue.

1000 people * $20 each = $20 K. So that is not an impossibility.

If you have the will you have the way.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
johnamit is on a distinguished road
Default super deal

A lawsuit against USCIS for $20, thats cheap, I am in. BRC screwed me twice, when both labors went to BRC with no outcome then I filed third in PERM and thatwhy I am stuck with 2005 Sep PD with folks who just came to US in last 12 months and filing for 485 now. I know most of BRC folks are still stuck there and I am with them, lets get this cleared and have celebrations with all of us.
PD: Sep 05
I140 :AD May 06
I485: RD 7/2/7

Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Nice idea but does anyone honestly think the DOL cares. I am somewhat fortunate that my 2002 labor finally got approved in the middle of 2006. My son is not so lucky since he turned 21 while I was waiting. When my senators office took the matter of my son aging out up with the DOL I was told to put him on an F1 visa and send him to college so he can REMAIN (he wants to LIVE here, big difference) in the United States. These people do NOT care what they are doing to your lives. They do not care that my son has NO path to permanent residency any more and that I have to write the enormous check for his tuition twice each year so that I can still have him in the same country as me and his father. I feel awful for anyone still waiting for their labor certification but at least you will eventually get in line for your green card and will get ahead of those filing now with much later priority dates. You are indeed victims but I just wanted to point out that there are thousands of young adult children who have had their hopes for getting a green card totally shattered by this backlog center fiasco.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

indianabacklog, did you make your video and upload on you tube? you know about 2 action items posted by core right? you people are the right one who should stand first in the line to show our problems. I really appreciate if make a video along with your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabacklog
Nice idea but does anyone honestly think the DOL cares. I am somewhat fortunate that my 2002 labor finally got approved in the middle of 2006. My son is not so lucky since he turned 21 while I was waiting. When my senators office took the matter of my son aging out up with the DOL I was told to put him on an F1 visa and send him to college so he can REMAIN (he wants to LIVE here, big difference) in the United States. These people do NOT care what they are doing to your lives. They do not care that my son has NO path to permanent residency any more and that I have to write the enormous check for his tuition twice each year so that I can still have him in the same country as me and his father. I feel awful for anyone still waiting for their labor certification but at least you will eventually get in line for your green card and will get ahead of those filing now with much later priority dates. You are indeed victims but I just wanted to point out that there are thousands of young adult children who have had their hopes for getting a green card totally shattered by this backlog center fiasco.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra
indianabacklog, did you make your video and upload on you tube? you know about 2 action items posted by core right? you people are the right one who should stand first in the line to show our problems. I really appreciate if make a video along with your family.
I would like to shout this issue from the rooftops since it would appear that nobody appreciates how awful this situation is. IV do not have aging out on their agenda, nobody does, only those affected by it. If the delays get long enough waiting for priority dates the horizon might change for many many more employment based people. Did not make video for youtube, to be honest do not know how to and am not sure I could make the message short and sweet since my emotions run away with me when I start talking about his issue.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light
Default my earlier post on BEC

I posted this below when everyone was busy talking about lawsuit against and USCIS, and there wasn't a single response to this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_Free_Rider
07-03-2007, 12:01 AM

what is the lawsuit and who gets benefited?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My labor was pending in Philly BEC from 2003 May. Last month they asked us to do a TR and we're in the process, though my original LCA was filed in RIR. So I didn't get a chance to file my papers on 29th June. As thomachan72 said, there are many IV members whose labor is still in BEC.

Tell me, what is the lawsuit and who gets benefited? For those who are on B1, L1 and filed on 29th June? (No offence to any individuals)

What about members like me?

What about the members who were not smart enough to file on 29th June?

I’m a contributing member of IV and IV’s major agenda was the legislation, which allows filing of AOS, even with retrogression. If we win this lawsuit do I get a chance to file my I-485? Or the unfortunate members who haven’t filed on 29th June?
IV shouldn’t deviate from it’s agenda and leave the lawsuit to AILA attorneys who where dreaming about windfall with the announcement of EB visa number availability. Why would IV collect money from members for somebody else’ cause?

Dear members, please don’t take this personally, I was forced to express my feeling when I read all these posts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Subject: Injustice for people with priority dates in '02, '03, '04 etc. who are still waiting for their labor certs to be processed using the traditional process - we want to file a case against DOL's lethargy - Let us join together and file a case against DOL and bring justice to this unjustified system.
Please join and show your support. Please help!!!

Last edited by NO_Free_Rider; 07-27-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light
Default what's your agenda?

What is your agenda? Didn't you join IV to get your (selfish) GC or for world peace
Now, what about offensive messages? How did you get the red dot next to your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet
Thirdly you are using IV site for your agenda. Instead of supporting IV you are creating your own selfish agenda and not listening to IV. I have seen lot of offensive messages by you guys. You guys celebrated when all of us got screwed

I do not support your agenda.

Last edited by NO_Free_Rider; 07-27-2007 at 03:03 PM.