Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseball View Post
It has to be approved before you can start to work. You can go with premium processing so its approved within a couple of weeks.
Incorrect!

Since he/she has been on H1 visa status before, he/she can start work after filing for new H-1B.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maharshijb is on a distinguished road
Default Do you guys know of any websites that has this infromation?

Hiring Manager has asked me to send him a link to the website which says I can start working once the application is submitted to USCIS....so that he can talk to his HR & other folks....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

I agree with your lawyers statement. She will not be counted against the quota because she already has H1. Also I would recommend premium processing when she gets a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveready View Post
Well i just sent a message to my lawyer and this is the reply i received.

"If her current H-1B has been counted against the cap before, she should be able to return to H-1B status without having to wait for the cap to reopen."

Pls comment
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseball View Post
It has to be approved before you can start to work. You can go with premium processing so its approved within a couple of weeks.
That is incorrect. It does not have to be approved before you can start working. My wife recently got her H1 to H4 to H1 approved and she started work as soon as H4 to H1 was filed.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future kpkrind has a brilliant future
Default Doubts on h1-h4-h1

My spouse was on h1 earlier, she is now on h4, however her h1 petion is expiring in Oct'09. Lets suppose she gets a job offer in Feb'10, does she have to apply for a fresh H1 or can she convert to H1 on which she was working earlier? My question is how long will she not be counted against the quota?

Also, can any new employer file for her H1 or does it have to be a employer who has held her H1 previously?