Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lghtslpr is on a distinguished road
Arrow Letter Writing Campaign to Demand Transparency

Someone over at immigrationportal.com is organizing a letter-writing campaign to demand transparency at the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. I think it's a great idea. Please participate. See details here:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sho...ostcount=10560
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road

lghtsplr,

Thanks for informing us about this. I have replied in that thread mentioning that we can set up web fax with the same content. Web faxes are very easy for users to send.

Siva

Old 02-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Arrow webfax for letter campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
we can set up web fax with the same content.
Please just do it! Then let people know here and there. I'll try to get the word out too.

(This is a grass roots effort, so there is little top-down orchestration.)

Old 02-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Smile Web Fax would be easier

If you could customize it to let people tell their own life stories, that would be great. I am mailing my letter tonight.

To

Mr. John Beverly
Director, Foreign Labor Certification Program
200 Constitution Ave NW, room C4312
Washington, DC 20210

Mr. Beverly,

[Block A: Filler] with model text by the side ....
[Model text:
I am a ------ in one of the Fortune --- companies, with expertise in ---- field. I have about --- years of experience in the ------- field. I came to USA in ---- on a --- Visa. I hold ------ degree in --- from a premier Institute. My employer applied for -----(RIR/non-RIR), ---- (EB*), permanent labor certification in ---from ----- state. It reached ------ regional office in ------. My case is shipped to ----- (Dallas/Philadelphia) Backlog Center later and it is waiting for adjudication for the past ----- (one year). I have been waiting to apply for the green card for almost ---- (one-to-five) years now.]

Block B:
Based on information received from friends who received approvals at BEC, I see that the processing at the Backlog Elimination Centers has several problems.
 Dallas and Philadelphia follow different procedures (RIR versus TR, Regional versus SWA cases)
 FIFO has not been implemented correctly, as promised at the beginning of setting up these centers. For example, Dallas is approving cases from late 2004, while Philadelphia is approving random cases from 2002; the very reason for the creation of the BECs was to implement true nationwide FIFO order for labor certifications.
 There is a complete lack of transparency and answerability from a public agency like BEC.
 The BECs refuse to disclose how many people work in adjudication, how many cases have been adjudicated so far, how many cases are pending data entry, why certain states have more cases processed than others in random order, etc…
 The BECs refuse to implement a simple application on the internet where applicants could check their statuses online.
 The BECs refuse to disclose any future timeline, keeping 350,000 people in the dark as to what to expect and how long to wait.

All I am expecting from the BECs is little bit of transparency and respect which I truly deserve. I really would like to know the happenings at BECs. I appreciate if you could answer these questions below.
 Why FIFO has not been implemented?
 How many people are working on adjudications?
 What are the criteria for picking up a case for processing?
 Why are there differences in procedures between Dallas and Philadelphia BECs?
 How many cases have been adjudicated so far?

Block C:[Filler]
[Model Text: Lack of information, long wait and continued slump in the career are creating lot of stress in my life. I can not change jobs. Any information from you would go a long way in assuaging these worries.]

Respectfully,

------------------------------------------------
xxxx

Old 02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road
Default Excellent Letter for Lawmaker Info Packets

This letter is superb, we should include a copy of in our materials for lawmakers -- because it highlights the black box issue at the BECs

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Everyone, I am working on a way to customize the WebFax. I should be able to complete it over the weekend.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sundar99 is on a distinguished road
Default Automated letter/Fax /Emails

Folks,

Personalised emails will add lot off value, sending mass faxes would create more business for Fellowes in selling more shredder. I woud request u to think again before you guys spam the offices

Old 02-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

sundar99,

That has not been our experience so far. A number of us have heard back from lawmakers to the WebFaxes that we have sent them from ImmigrationVoice. We're working on allowing people to personalize the web fax content.

As it stands, it is proving very difficult to have our members to take one minute to send webfaxes. Having them to write up personalized letter and having them post it is going to be even tougher.

Old 02-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs down letters vs. webfaxes vs. emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar99
Personalised emails will add lot off value, sending mass faxes would create more business for Fellowes in selling more shredder. I woud request u to think again before you guys spam the offices
I've been told by senators' aids that letters, faxes and email all have an impact. Politicians do not read them all, of course, but their aids summarize volume and content for them. I was told specifically that written letters carry more weight than emails, because they represent greater effort by the sender.

-L.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pasupuleti is infamous around these parts

We met our san jose(CA) congressman Mike Honda (http://honda.house.gov/). We had good session with his staff. His office is in the process of writting a letter to Backlog centers asking them for speeding up approvals.Their office is well aware of backlog issues. Once they get a response back from DOL, they would let us know.

Last edited by pasupuleti; 02-13-2006 at 06:56 PM.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bkam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Send A Letter !

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
sundar99,

That has not been our experience so far. A number of us have heard back from lawmakers to the WebFaxes that we have sent them from ImmigrationVoice. We're working on allowing people to personalize the web fax content.

As it stands, it is proving very difficult to have our members to take one minute to send webfaxes. Having them to write up personalized letter and having them post it is going to be even tougher.
I believe that everyone who reads this forum should move a bit his/her bottom and send a customized letter using the above template. This is the least everyone of us can do to support the efforts of the volunteers of this forum.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Cool Representative Mike Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasupuleti
We met our san jose(CA) congressman Mike Honda (http://honda.house.gov/). We had good session with his staff. His office is in the process of writting a letter to Backlog centers asking them for speeding up approvals.Their office is well aware of backlog issues. Once they get a response back from DOL, they would let us know.
That's great!!!

Who were "we?"

And is it possible to ask Honda's office to urge DOL to have some transparency about the process, so that people know what the heck is going on at the processing centers? Right now it's a total black box!

Thanks.

-L.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pasupuleti is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghtslpr
That's great!!!

Who were "we?"

And is it possible to ask Honda's office to urge DOL to have some transparency about the process, so that people know what the heck is going on at the processing centers? Right now it's a total black box!

Thanks.

-L.
Who were "we?"

we are local representatives from immigration voice. We are doing meet the lawmakers drive in CA.

Yes, we will send a email to Mike Honda's office to stress on transparency about the blacklogs process in their letter to DOL.

Last edited by pasupuleti; 02-14-2006 at 02:03 PM.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Compare
javaconsultant is on a distinguished road
Default What steps are we taking for Labor backlog reduction

Guys,

What steps are we taking for labor backlog reduction.
Is Quinn & Gillespie gonna help us in this regard ?