Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Backlog

Its quite ironic what they are saying that they finished on time !!

Doesn't backlog (processing center ) itself mean that they are way behind time in processing the cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
This is the information received by Immigration Voice from DoL. This press release will be on DoL website soon. Basically, the backlog centers of Dallas and Philly for labor certs are done. The only pending cases (less than 1%) are the ones where employer's response is awaiting (probably the 45 day letters).

Its very sad that thousands of IV members have gone thru hell for 3 years of existence of backlog centers and the blackest of the black hole in immigration process.

Below is the press release that will be out soon on DoL website:
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the link below. More than 300 workers... Hmm !! Put average $ 50000 salary X 25 % benefits x 3 years ( 2005 to 2007) x 325 workers = $ 60937500

Collection = $1300 (Average labor fee) x 363000 = $ 471900000

Difference = $ 410962500.

Assume the same expense for executives as workers + Assume the same expense for stationary and other office expenses + Assume same expense as some other costs including mailing, (Old swa, state, regional deot expenses) = $ 60937500 x 3 = $ 182812500

USCIS Assumed Profit = $ 410962500 - $ 182812500 = $ 228150000

And your profit = Wait in hell + frustration + mental tension + exploitation + stangnant career + And if lucky then
certification

http://www.doleta.gov/print-page.cfm...2007-10-01.cfm

Can somebody explain me if this is capitalism than what is Anarchy?

Last edited by BharatPremi; 10-02-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Compare
SK2007 has a spectacular aura about SK2007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by himu73 View Post
My labor is still pending in PBEc. I had a RFE which lawyer sent responce to in Mar 07.
I have sent a email to the lawyer asking about the situation.
Is there anything else to do ?
Hi,

My case is in the same situation, our lawyer sent out RFE in first week of Sep, we have not heard anything back. I will keep you updated if I hear.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
A lot of people abandoned their Labor applications after waiting for many years.
A lot of cases were incorrectly closed giving heartburns to a lot of us.
A lot may have been denied too.
A lot of people switched to PERM or switched employers after all the frustrations.

A process that can be done in 45 days has taken 6 years for some people. Yes some applications were filed as early as 2000.

The good news is that this problem was recognized as a problem and efforts were made to fix it. Now it is time to fix the USCIS backlogs and Name check delays.

Good to know that this is finally closed. My original labor itself was struck with them for more than 2 years and I do share the pain of waiting in each stage. (2 years in labor, 1 year for 140 and another 2 year in 485). I am glad to note that this finally came to an end and at least the labor process is made much faster through PERM.

I should really thank my attorney who suggests converting my labor into RIR and finally it came through. Those who suffered in the hands of this back log center will know the pain and it is good to see that this came to an end.

Even when the applications are getting cleared, it came to the market as labor substitution and cause issues. I hope USCIS will not create another mess by the way of process improvement again

Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Yah you are correct and they deserve to get their Green Cards first.
Because they are waiting for long time in the backlog processing center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer View Post
Does this mean that dates will be futher retrogressed?

I mean all these people will be applying for i485 soon and their PD are way way old and they will get Green Cards first..

This will be good news for them..but for others dates will be further retrogressed...

Am I correct.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am a Backlog Elimination Center survivor

I survived the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center, and I can tell you that the pain and agony was much, much, much worse than anybody can imagine...the current frontlog of receipts and the associated chaos is nothing compared to what I had to go through for almost 3 years stuck in that condemned blackhole! For several months/years, I had no idea where my Labor Certification was, and when I finally located it, a series of events occured that brought me to the edge (No 45-days letter, case closed in error, Congressmen intervention, direct appeal to the DOL secretary...the list goes on). And I am actually on the median of the scale of suffering...others had to face worse circumstances.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_C View Post
So can we assume that all the resources working on backlog elimination will now be channeled towards AOS processing???
Oh God...I hope not....for the greater good of all...I sure hope not!!
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 10-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_jones View Post
I survived the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center, and I can tell you that the pain and agony was much, much, much worse than anybody can imagine...the current frontlog of receipts and the associated chaos is nothing compared to what I had to go through for almost 3 years stuck in that condemned blackhole! For several months/years, I had no idea where my Labor Certification was, and when I finally located it, a series of events occured that brought me to the edge (No 45-days letter, case closed in error, Congressmen intervention, direct appeal to the DOL secretary...the list goes on). And I am actually on the median of the scale of suffering...others had to face worse circumstances.
Good that atleast now you are out of it. My LC has been for 4 .5 years and in the last week of sep, they sent RFE to my employer. I am still waiting for the LC. This is my 10th year in US and I am ready for my 5th annual extension of H1.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

people who got stuck for couple of years in new jersey SWA and then for a few more at philadelphia backlog center should be provided with counselling for their trauma

Old 10-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

SK2007, what kind of RFE did you get? LCAs are pretty open and shut cases..Im assuming yours was done using traditional recruitment since most RIRs got cleared many months ago

Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
siaa96 is on a distinguished road
Default Too little too late

The Backlog Centers did 80% of the work in the last 6 months. If they had done this kind of work 2 years earlier, many of us would have been through by now.

Now welcome to the next nightmare - I-140 backlogs.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
This is the information received by Immigration Voice from DoL. This press release will be on DoL website soon. Basically, the backlog centers of Dallas and Philly for labor certs are done. The only pending cases (less than 1%) are the ones where employer's response is awaiting (probably the 45 day letters).

Its very sad that thousands of IV members have gone thru hell for 3 years of existence of backlog centers and the blackest of the black hole in immigration process.

Below is the press release that will be out soon on DoL website:

Good to hear this but the wait for more than 2.5 years still haunts me. I sometime curse myself why did not I try perm process in EB2? Just to keep old priority date with me. One of my friend applied in perm (first batch) and got his labor cleared and filed concurrent 140 and 485 (EB2 was current then). now he is enjoying Green card for last one year.

I still remember pain going through tracking cases with immigrationprotal Dallas backlog center every day. I pray GOD that i don't have to go through the same pain again, now tracking for 485 cases.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by njboy View Post
SK2007, what kind of RFE did you get? LCAs are pretty open and shut cases..Im assuming yours was done using traditional recruitment since most RIRs got cleared many months ago
Mine went in traditional, my company did not want to convert to RIR or to PERM. I think it is in advertisement phase. It is so stupid that the comapny is advertising for a job that I have been working for 5.5 years.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vali is on a distinguished road
Default not so accurate

My case is still "IN PROCESS". I did received some of the papers and I did everything according with their requirements but I'm still stuck in Philadelphia BEC waiting for certification since April 2001.
If anyone still in process please let us know.
I'm not so sure if this "NEWS" is real.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
STAmisha can only hope to improve

PBEC is the ultimate torture. My LC languished for years and it came out in JULY 2007. By the time it came out, I lost 4 yearrs, career, health (I worried so much about this backlog)

Hopefully there wont be any black holes like this.