Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default DoL : Dallas, Philly Backlog Centers are done.

This is the information received by Immigration Voice from DoL. This press release will be on DoL website soon. Basically, the backlog centers of Dallas and Philly for labor certs are done. The only pending cases (less than 1%) are the ones where employer's response is awaiting (probably the 45 day letters).

Its very sad that thousands of IV members have gone thru hell for 3 years of existence of backlog centers and the blackest of the black hole in immigration process.

Below is the press release that will be out soon on DoL website:

Quote:
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Labor today announced that the permanent foreign labor certification program’s backlog has been eliminated, with nearly 99 percent of cases completed and the remainder awaiting responses from employers. For almost three years, more than 300 workers in two processing centers reviewed approximately 363,000 pending labor applications, a backlog created as a result of legislative changes in 1997 and 2000.

“Clearing up the Permanent Labor Certification backlog has been a Presidential Management Agenda priority and the job was completed on-time, as promised,” said U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao. “Thousands of people are no longer left waiting and wondering, and the department is moving ahead with reforms to streamline existing foreign worker certification programs.”

The Permanent Labor Certification Program processes employer requests for foreign workers when U.S. workers are not available, willing and able to fill job openings. Statutory changes to the Immigration and Nationality Act in 1997 and 2000 led to a dramatic increase in paper applications to this employment-based program. As a result, processing times rose, and applications sometimes languished for several years. Attempts to curb the growing backlog began immediately in 2001 and included regulatory and non-regulatory steps as well as seeking out experts to devise solutions for processing the caseload efficiently. Those efforts culminated with the November 2004 opening of temporary facilities in Dallas and Philadelphia dedicated solely to eliminating the backlog.

From the outset, the department pledged that the backlog would be eliminated by September 30, 2007. Both of the Backlog Elimination Centers have started a transition and shutdown phase that will continue through December.

“We applaud the accomplishments of the dedicated individuals whose critical role allowed the ongoing operation of employment-based immigration programs,” said Assistant Secretary for Employment and Training Emily Stover DeRocco. “Their resolve to the mission of seeing the task through to its successful completion is an inspiration to all who serve and do the public’s business.”

For more information on the department’s employment-based foreign labor certification programs, please visit www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov.

Last edited by logiclife; 10-01-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

And IV is the first to break this news -

Thanks for the info logiclife

Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now on DoL

Its now on DoL website.

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/eta20071483.htm

Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
STAmisha can only hope to improve

Great News. This Backlog Almost Ruined My Life And Career, Esp Phily Center Is The Most Crappiest Of The Two.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Maverick1 has a spectacular aura about Maverick1 has a spectacular aura about Maverick1 has a spectacular aura about

“Clearing up the Permanent Labor Certification backlog has been a Presidential Management Agenda priority and the job was completed on-time, as promised,” said U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao.

On time ???

Old 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
glamzon will become famous soon enough glamzon will become famous soon enough

one chapter closed and now the next one opens (receipt backlog center) ... hmmmmmm

Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Compare
kanaihya is on a distinguished road
Default what does this mean?

Guys,
can some one please explain it in detail ..Is it a recapture? or some thing else ? sorry for such a stupid Q. I am less aware about all this things and I am sure that there are many like me who don't understand it..
thanks

Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Ram_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
This is the information received by Immigration Voice from DoL. This press release will be on DoL website soon. Basically, the backlog centers of Dallas and Philly for labor certs are done. The only pending cases (less than 1%) are the ones where employer's response is awaiting (probably the 45 day letters).

Its very sad that thousands of IV members have gone thru hell for 3 years of existence of backlog centers and the blackest of the black hole in immigration process.

Below is the press release that will be out soon on DoL website:
So can we assume that all the resources working on backlog elimination will now be channeled towards AOS processing???

CA State Chapter : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

We should create BEC archive as memoirs. These blackholes though closed will be remembered by us for a long. It will be in our family album for our future generations. I think still some of souls are stuck there (Apart from what BECs claim pending)...

Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future

It is nice to know that ImmigrationVoice knows before the press release

Thanks
Karthik

Old 10-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default statistics

I think it would be interesting to see the statistics on how many were actullay certified .

Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_C View Post
So can we assume that all the resources working on backlog elimination will now be channeled towards AOS processing???
Because AOS is processed by USCIS and Labor certification is done by DOL(Department of Labor).

Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Compare
kanaihya is on a distinguished road
Default Any Answer ...?

Please ...?? what is it about ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaihya View Post
Guys,
can some one please explain it in detail ..Is it a recapture? or some thing else ? sorry for such a stupid Q. I am less aware about all this things and I am sure that there are many like me who don't understand it..
thanks

Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of
Default No

Quote:

This has nothing to do with reacapturing visa numbers, this is about clearing backed up applications for labour.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=67&Itemid=50

Quote: