Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dukester is on a distinguished road
Default New job - Deal or No Deal

Was just offered a new position in a Fortune 100 company. I haven't received my 45-days letter, PD is Feb03. My current employer haven't increased my salary for 2-yrs now and asked for increase but was denied which made me more frustrated working for them.

Is it worth the wait or just start the process all over again with a better salary(almost 35% increase)?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester
Was just offered a new position in a Fortune 100 company. I haven't received my 45-days letter, PD is Feb03. My current employer haven't increased my salary for 2-yrs now and asked for increase but was denied which made me more frustrated working for them.

Is it worth the wait or just start the process all over again with a better salary(almost 35% increase)?

u have to decide these kinds of stuffs...buddy..it is hard forothers to give their opinion abt that...
depends on ur financial responsibiltes,family, ur thinking...ur career..a lot of stuffs..

Old 02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

whats the situation with PERM processing..is it really 6-months?

anybody used PERM for LC processing?

Old 02-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LCSufferer is on a distinguished road
Default Priority date Nov '02

Hello Dukster,
My priority date was in Nov '02. I got my 45 letter answered on 18th March '05 and ever since i have been waiting for my LC to be approved and so far i haven't heard any thing from Back log reduction center yet.

Some time in the month of June '05 i requested the case status by emailing the Tx BLRC saying that i would have to apply for my 7th year H1 extension. I got the immideat reply with a case status :Closed. I talked to my attorny and he faxed the 45 day letter copy, and the acknowledgement that he got from BLRC when he responded the 45 day letter. He did his part well. After 4 month i checked my status again and they replied with the same case status:Closed. Our attorney said nothing to worry about there is a glitch in their system and we should be fine. Again after couple of months later, in October i had my attorny requested the BLRC to check my status again. This time the case status was different i don't remember on top of my head but it was some thing like they found my file and started working on it. May be it was initial process or some thing like that. I was glad and after a month or so i again emailed them to check on the status but no reply this time emailed on more time after 10 days again no reply ever since. So thats my story about my LC.

I am in the same situation as you are been with the same employer for the last 4 years no salary hike yet. At times i too think the same way as would but this is my 6th year i just can't do any thing right now. Well, offcourse i would have a chance to find another employer but i would loose my priority date with current employer.

As a backup i had another company filed an LC for me in March '05 in EB2. But i don't want to loose my current priority date with the current employer. So just hanging in there having nothing to do.

In your case, i am not sure how long have you been here in the US. As yours priority date was in Feb '03 if it was me i would wait. Looks like they are speeding up the process and also heard that they would make status check available online some time soon in June '06. Wish you good luck on your future pursuits!

Regards,
-Dev

Last edited by LCSufferer; 02-23-2006 at 10:02 PM.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice
Default Slavery

Employer based immigration rather than employment based one is slavery. Your master brings you here and then the more time you spend here, more enslaved you become. Its like waiting for a bus that has not come, but since you have already waited 500 hours why not wait 500 more...

The answer is not increase in quotas or somewhat better treatment, the answer is employer independent process.

I don't see why no one is pushing for changing this slavery based system...

Old 02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road

amoljak,

An excellent point. But that kind of a complete overhaul, will take a lot of time to make. Given that we're having a tough time even raising whatever money we have raised, I am not sure how easy that would be.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I think the June 06 target is very ambitious and to my opinion is just a 'gimmick' to make all of us feel that they're taking some actions. Dec06 is more possible.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice
Default Complete overhaul

Admin,

Sometimes politicians are not even aware of where exactly the pain is... or they may not think of all the solutions. And this is not the most important issue for them.

But if we can suggest them solution that will be good and will also help most of the employers, all we need is a few Congressmen who will take it up...

May be I will start another thread and explain why removing employer dependence is morally and economically good and then we can discuss it further there..

Amol