Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Labor BEC/BPC applicants: IMPORTANT, please read

Hi, I want to address the backlog problems and what immigration voice is doing to solve that problem one more time(attempt number 341 on immigration voice and portal). And I have no problem to continue doing it.

First of all, I am not a backlog victim myself. But then again, I came pretty close to being one and my file got processed by San Francisco office a couple of months before BECs were born.

Anways, I would like serious attention from labor applicants who are stuck in backlogs in Philly and Dallas. Coz despite not being BEC victim myself, I thoroughly understand the end-result of delay in greencard process and its consequences on my career and personal life. Siva Singaram, the webmaster and co-founder of immigration voice(featured in "Roll Call" article of Washington DC on immigration topic) is a backlog victim. http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277 (Immigration Voice featured on Roll Call) Similarly there are more members in immigration voice core team that are backlog victims including Vineet and Anurag(see their bios on the "Team IV" menu of immigration voice).

We are addressing the labor backlog issue as seriously as the retrogression issue. However, there are legislative solutions for retrogression. There are no legislative solutions to backlog problem. There is no quota that can be raised and no visa recapture that can be done for backlogs problem. Then, you are left with two possible approaches:

1. Sue to dept of labor:

This approach will not take you anywhere. Filing a lawsuit is not put anyone's hair on fire. They have lawyers to deal with it. They are tax-financed government lawyers to fight that lawsuit. Also, you will not win because the department of labor, foriegn labor division has not broken any law by creating BEC/BPC and then not meeting their backlog elimination goals. IF anyone has evidence to prove anything illegal happening in those divisions/departments that can be used to file lawsuit, please email info@immigrationvoice.org or call (281) 576-7185 and we will allot funds to file a lawsuit.

2. Administrative solution to the problem:

This is the ONLY approach that can be taken to fight labor backlogs. Why? Because this IS an ADMINISTRATIVE PROBLEM. Hence it can be fixed by administrative solution. The 3 members of Core immigration voice team met with several staff members on capitol hill and administration staff and talked about this. There are possible solutions like funding the BPC/BECs with revenue raised from fee hike on future labor applications or premium processing fees for expediting existing labor. Some of the staff we talked to were in meetings with Secretary Micheal Chertoff in those meetings discussing those agencies. First of all, it is very important to understand what's broken before we fix it. Is it funding? Is it proper training of personnel who adjudicate labor applications? If we dont know what the problem is, we cannot fix it. In the upcoming weeks, some members of IV are going to meet with people who have sat in commitees and sub-committees that FORMED the BECs and BPCs so that we understand the problem before we propose a solution. Shouting from rooftops that "There is a problem here, FIX IT" is not the approach that works when you deal with any branch of the Government. Now again, if anyone has been personally present in the Dallas or Philadelphia backlog centers and seen the work there and understood any of the problems please email info@immigrationvoice.org or call 281-576-7185 and let us know so that we can address the problem better.

Now, let me quote an IV member who personally talked to senior staff member who has studied the problem of foriegn labor certification and also has personally travelled to Dallas and Philadelphia's backlog centers where our labor files are actually processed.

Quote:
Senior staff member said that everyone is aware of the problem, and the whole BEC(=BPC) thing is so mindbogglingly miserably terrible. There are about 1000s and 100s of paper files actually stacked up in a warehouse and being bought out by a crane and forklift - has witnessed the situation first hand. Everyone we meet is *very* sympathetic about the problem.
Now if you understand the gravity of the situation, THERE ARE FORKLIFTs involved. To handle files. Files that is the first step of your greencard application. Now, although I am not personally a victim of labor backlog, I can assure you that if I was, I would be popping anti-depresssants and sleep medication like M&Ms. Not kidding. They way I would see it is: After 30 years of hard work, everything, including my efforts in highschool, 12th, Bachelors degrees, finding the first job, getting H1, coming here, struggling in the first few projects, H1b blues, migraines from employers etc etc were made with the hope that at the end of the day, there would be light at the end of this tunnel. It all converges to your greencard application. And that Greencard application is sitting in a Warehouse handled by forklifts. Like some beer carton at Costco/Sams Club/Walmart. Isnt that what a forklift is supposed to be used for? Beer cartons? So if the forklift malfunctions and drops a few files somewhere between the stacks, your file could literally fall thru cracks and processed at the end of 18 months from now when they are closing the warehouses and backlog centers and notice a few leftover files on the floor. So that is where we stand. Our entire careers converging on a file that is handled by a forklift somewhere in Dallas or Philly.

So I humbly urge you to stop complaining that "Immigration voice is not handling the backlogs issue" because it is simply not true. And given the gravity of the situation, I request you to contribute funds so that we can get the work done to fix the problem. Please dont sit around and sing blues. Get up and speak up. Call you friends and other H1 colleagues and ask them to contribute and do the same. What would it take for you to get up out of your chair?

--logiclife.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg forklift2.jpg (88.2 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by logiclife; 03-03-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
days_go_by is on a distinguished road
Default IV, lawsuit and BEC

THanks for the detailed information about how IV is trying to help BEC applicants. On behalf of all those stuck at BECs I really appreciate your efforts and concerns. Just for the disclaimer, I am myself stuck at BEC (May 2001) and have contributed to IV twice and also for the lawsuit. I will also contribute in future to both the efforts, when needed.
If you are open to discussing your post, i would like to point out a few things.

1) lawsuit option was discussed with Rajiv ji and he said it is feasible, we may not win it but it can raise awareness. Many people have written to Media and political and industry leaders. Those efforts have bore no fruit, except for a letter of sympathy, at best. We need to raise 10K for the lawsuit, we are only at 10% of that goal, it is left to the people to support it or not. And the lawsuit can still work in parallel with ur efforts to work with administration. There are some members who are strongly against supporting IV (on immigrationportal), but I think that's more because of lack of communication and understanding. Most of us understand pain and efforts taken by you guys and appreciate that, and we support you.

2) As far as fork lift is concerned, I don't understand, how is that relevant to our discussion. We all know 350K cases is not a lot, comes to 175K cases per BEC, I don't think 175K cases are such a huge burden on BECs, that they can't process those properly. That they need cranes to handle those? How many "paper cases" does IRS handle every year? Even if they need cranes, they could have done a better job of managing and communicating about the project to the people. You may have heard that recently DOL added an image on their site saying backlogs will be eliminated in 19 months,what does that tell me? nothing, there is not a single line about it in the paragraphs that follow. DOL is just provinding least possible information to keep us shut and not be held liable for anything. A lawsuit can force them to disclose a few things in court, and give us a timeline and some explanation as to why people with later PDs are getting approvals and people with earlier PDs are waiting. Someone would have to come to court and admit "our processes are in a mess" because of "some reason". Some reason, some admission, we know a lawsuit maynot even provide us with anything.
And I think Rajiv ji had filed a similar lawsuit to expedite process of 485 cases some time back and it had tremendous effect.

3) So, from your post i understand you guys have done a lot of work to help BECs victims, it would be very helpful if you could also post it so that people can read and realize how helpful you have been. We all see 99% posts about retrogression, that being the main aim for us as of now, but we don't see much about BEC efforts.

4) About that person you mentioned, who visited BECs and admitted that it is a miserable process, how does that help us? He knows it's a mess, we all know it's a mess, but that doesn't help us, we need some action, we need someone to do something about it.

Best regards,

Last edited by days_go_by; 03-04-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default The lawsuit idea

Hi,

Thanks for specifically raising the lawsuit issue. Let me first say this:

I am not against anyone filing a lawsuit against dept of labor for the miserable job it has done for BEC/BPC setup and administration of those two centers.

At the most there are two things you can get out of lawsuit.

1. Publicity.
2. Verdict.

Publicity:

Now, when you talk about publicity it generates publicity within circles who are familiar with the problem anyways. To quote an example, tell me how many Americans in general and how many lawmakers and their staff are familiar with the lawsuit filed by Rajiv Khanna against the USCIS for the fantastic job they are doing with 485 applications? Probably none. The only people among whom the awareness was spread was people like us, the immigration lawyers, AILA, few people on the capitol hill(maybe) who work on immigration issues. So the publicity outcome is mediocre to none if you are trying to spread awareness. That said, TWO thumbs up to Rajiv Khanna for what he did against USCIS. I wish every lawyer in AILA was like him.

Verdict:

99.999 percent, you will lose the case since there is nothing wrong that Department of labor or BPC/BEC has done legally. In the best case scenario, the judge will "ORDER" department of labor to process this or that file in 6 months, and if they dont do it, neither you nor the judge can do anything about it. To give you a great example of our time, how many people have sued FEMA or DHS for inadequate response to Katrina? And has any lawsuit resulted in any difference? And I am talking about an event of catastrophic proportions involving voting citizens.

Please dont waste your energy in this lawsuit idea. However, it that is the only thing that makes you content, who am I to advise anyone against it?

--logiclife.

Old 03-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
days_go_by is on a distinguished road
Default still disagree with u

1. Publicity.
I don't care if american citizens know about our lawsuit, i want DOL officials to have the fear that they can be made answerable in the court.
They should have the fear of bad publicity, I would like to question their professionalism and ability, and if court is the only way, so be it.

2. Verdict.
Well, for this part i would rather trust what Rajiv ji's opinion than your opinion.
It's not like we just jumped into it blindly, some people did discuss lawsuit feasibility with Rajiv ji and sought his guidance. He believed it is feasible.
And I am just supporting them, as I am supporting IV.
And there are many many instances when lawsuits filed against government have been successful. I am sure we are both pretty well informed and can run a google query anytime to check on it.

Once again, I really appreciate all the work IV is doing, but my point is, it may not be enough. We definitely need to improve our communication, i have seen people posting on immigrationportal asking them to support IV, first thing they want to know is why? how is IV going to help me? second thing they want to know is how removing retrogression going to benefit me?, I can already file for 485, if I ever get my labor, in fact retrogression is helping me, because now 2004-2005-2006 filers can't get GC before I do, which seems the fair way. What is your answer to them?

Please do not think I am against you or IV, I am only laying down the facts here. You can checkout forums on immigrationportal and this is what people are saying there.
And as I mentioned before I am supporting both the fights.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sbdol has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I was very excited when I heard about the immigrationvoice first. There were very concrete tasks and steps on their agenda but all these steps were against the retrogression. But my frustration started when I looked at the backlog issue, which you must admit is far more sever problem. There was one single last bullet: "Advance the work of BEC". So what does "advance" mean ? Is a putting a gif image on their website saying that they will finish all backlog cases in 19 month qualifies for such advance ?

A concrete step would be for example:
1). Automatically and immediately approve all cases that passed SWA level as there is nothing BEC can add to what SWA person stated on the case.
Incomplete, unapprovable cases could not pass SWA so that means that all cases that were transferred from the federal offices are approvable and should be approved a the time of the PRELIMINARY data entry automatically.

Is this feasible ? Why not ? Would it help the problem ? You bet. If all federal cases are approved BEC would immediately start processing state cases.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Compare
javaconsultant is on a distinguished road

First of all, thanks for posting about IV's efforts for backlog reduction.
Also I want you to know that i support IV and immigrationportal both even though my labor is not cleared....

Here is my 2 cents :

a) Publicity- We do not need publicity about this with general public.BEC issue needs to be raised among the people who can do something about it i.e. DOL mgmt ...other groups which overlook these backlog centers.Raising awareness within public is not the aim.It is such a complex issue that they wouldn't be able to understand it and cannot do anything helpful even if they understand it. A lawsuit would splash some water over the deaf ears.It is an effective way to get your concerns heard.

b) Verdict- It is little too soon to discuss about the verdict. Win or lose, atleast it would get the BECs to be accountable ,address their issues why they are not able to process applications faster- computers scarcity,resources scarcity whatever.

Also I would reiterate that IV needs to do something more about it.Here is what needs to be done :

a) Make it a top priority on your list alongwith retrogression issue.
b) Help the lawsuit effort financially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Hi,

Thanks for specifically raising the lawsuit issue. Let me first say this:

I am not against anyone filing a lawsuit against dept of labor for the miserable job it has done for BEC/BPC setup and administration of those two centers.

At the most there are two things you can get out of lawsuit.

1. Publicity.
2. Verdict.

Publicity:

Now, when you talk about publicity it generates publicity within circles who are familiar with the problem anyways. To quote an example, tell me how many Americans in general and how many lawmakers and their staff are familiar with the lawsuit filed by Rajiv Khanna against the USCIS for the fantastic job they are doing with 485 applications? Probably none. The only people among whom the awareness was spread was people like us, the immigration lawyers, AILA, few people on the capitol hill(maybe) who work on immigration issues. So the publicity outcome is mediocre to none if you are trying to spread awareness. That said, TWO thumbs up to Rajiv Khanna for what he did against USCIS. I wish every lawyer in AILA was like him.

Verdict:

99.999 percent, you will lose the case since there is nothing wrong that Department of labor or BPC/BEC has done legally. In the best case scenario, the judge will "ORDER" department of labor to process this or that file in 6 months, and if they dont do it, neither you nor the judge can do anything about it. To give you a great example of our time, how many people have sued FEMA or DHS for inadequate response to Katrina? And has any lawsuit resulted in any difference? And I am talking about an event of catastrophic proportions involving voting citizens.

Please dont waste your energy in this lawsuit idea. However, it that is the only thing that makes you content, who am I to advise anyone against it?

--logiclife.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stucklabor is on a distinguished road
Default Lawsuit will go nowhere

Javaconsultant, IV has met with the White House Counsel on Immigration and is working on realistic solutions for the labor cert problem. These include asking the DOL to set fees on new labor cert applications, possibly provide premium processing on applications already in the BECs etc.

At this point, I am not speaking as an IV core member. I am speaking as a regular forum member. A lawsuit will not succeed. DOL has done nothing illegal with backlog reduction. The labor cert program is the only stage of the GC process that has no fees associated with it. As such, it is set up for failure. DOL cannot be sued for inefficiency. DOL did not pass the 245(i) amnesty program that caused a flood of labor cert applications in April 2001. DOL did not increase the H1B quota to 195,000 for 3 years. Congress did all these idiotic things.

Again, as a regular IV member, IV resources are scarce. IV's resources are probably better spent in lobbying Congress and the Administration to pass realistic solutions to the BEC issue. Not with pie-in-the-sky ideas like lawsuits, amnestying all labor certs or labor certs that went through SWAs. As soon as we ask for rules to be broken by automatic approval of labor cases, we would get painted in the same color as the illegals. We are trying very hard to portray that we are legal immigrants waiting patiently for our turn. That would no longer hold true.

You may disagree. But point out one illegal thing that DOL did and I will jump right in with you in demanding that IV join a lawsuit against DOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaconsultant
First of all, thanks for posting about IV's efforts for backlog reduction.
Also I want you to know that i support IV and immigrationportal both even though my labor is not cleared....

Here is my 2 cents :

a) Publicity- We do not need publicity about this with general public.BEC issue needs to be raised among the people who can do something about it i.e. DOL mgmt ...other groups which overlook these backlog centers.Raising awareness within public is not the aim.It is such a complex issue that they wouldn't be able to understand it and cannot do anything helpful even if they understand it. A lawsuit would splash some water over the deaf ears.It is an effective way to get your concerns heard.

b) Verdict- It is little too soon to discuss about the verdict. Win or lose, atleast it would get the BECs to be accountable ,address their issues why they are not able to process applications faster- computers scarcity,resources scarcity whatever.

Also I would reiterate that IV needs to do something more about it.Here is what needs to be done :

a) Make it a top priority on your list alongwith retrogression issue.
b) Help the lawsuit effort financially.

Last edited by stucklabor; 03-06-2006 at 02:00 PM.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Compare
javaconsultant is on a distinguished road

stucklabor,

a) solutions IV discussed is not realistic-
---setting up fees on new Labor Cert would not benefit the people affected by BECs. It is not a solution for a pending problem i.e. slow pace of processing by PBEC.Yes, this measure would benefit the future applicants but not the current applicants.
-- providing premium processing service---how soon can this apply ? even if it applies , can it be efficiently executed by BECs given the sluggish pace of processing they are doing right now ? I cannot expect any miracles on this....

b) Lawsuit benefits-I am no legal expert here but this is one of the options we can take to get something done about BECs.BEC were formed to expedite the labor certification applications but they seem to be too slow in approving the cases esp. Philadelphia BEC. Dallas BEC is approving cases of 2004..whereas PBEC is still stuck with 2001 cases given that it is functioning for more than 1 year. Also the cases approved are random.........they are not following FIFO as they promised....PDs of later dates are being approved......

here are some of the points :
---- PBEC is far slower than DBEC
---- NO FIFO is being followed
---- More accountability needed about the case's status.

Win or lose .....lawsuit would bring BEC under radar to say the least.

If you have any suggestions to eliminate the backlog in labor certifications,please let me know what else we can do to have PBEC process our cases approve faster.All the following steps have been taken and they did not bring any results:
--Letter writing to senators
--letter writing to DOL

People are really dejected ....People having PDs of 2004 are being approved by one BEC whereas another application of 2001 is stuck at another bEC. It is just sheer luck ! There is no FIFO involved here........

It is better to do something than sit around and wait endlessly without any hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklabor
Javaconsultant, IV has met with the White House Counsel on Immigration and is working on realistic solutions for the labor cert problem. These include asking the DOL to set fees on new labor cert applications, possibly provide premium processing on applications already in the BECs etc.

At this point, I am not speaking as an IV core member. I am speaking as a regular forum member. A lawsuit will not succeed. DOL has done nothing illegal with backlog reduction. The labor cert program is the only stage of the GC process that has no fees associated with it. As such, it is set up for failure. DOL cannot be sued for inefficiency. DOL did not pass the 245(i) amnesty program that caused a flood of labor cert applications in April 2001. DOL did not increase the H1B quota to 195,000 for 3 years. Congress did all these idiotic things.

Again, as a regular IV member, IV resources are scarce. IV's resources are probably better spent in lobbying Congress and the Administration to pass realistic solutions to the BEC issue. Not with pie-in-the-sky ideas like lawsuits, amnestying all labor certs or labor certs that went through SWAs. As soon as we ask for rules to be broken by automatic approval of labor cases, we would get painted in the same color as the illegals. We are trying very hard to portray that we are legal immigrants waiting patiently for our turn. That would no longer hold true.

You may disagree. But point out one illegal thing that DOL did and I will jump right in with you in demanding that IV join a lawsuit against DOL.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stucklabor is on a distinguished road
Default Should have been more specific

Javaconsultant,

I should have been more specific. IV is fighting for a new surcharge on labor certs, to be applied to raise money for the BECs. So it will benefit current applicants.

Win or lose, a lawsuit will definitely deplete scarce IV resources. IV does not have the money to join a cause that will be a failure from the beginning.

The BEC issue is already on the Administration's radar. The phrase "The labor certification program is set up for failure" was used by the White House immigration staff in a meeting with IV members.

The info we have now is that Dallas is focusing on cases that already passed SWA, i.e., easy cases. PBEC is apparently doing things right. But definitely, transparency is one of the things we are fighting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaconsultant
stucklabor,

a) solutions IV discussed is not realistic-
---setting up fees on new Labor Cert would not benefit the people affected by BECs. It is not a solution for a pending problem i.e. slow pace of processing by PBEC.Yes, this measure would benefit the future applicants but not the current applicants.
-- providing premium processing service---how soon can this apply ? even if it applies , can it be efficiently executed by BECs given the sluggish pace of processing they are doing right now ? I cannot expect any miracles on this....

b) Lawsuit benefits-I am no legal expert here but this is one of the options we can take to get something done about BECs.BEC were formed to expedite the labor certification applications but they seem to be too slow in approving the cases esp. Philadelphia BEC. Dallas BEC is approving cases of 2004..whereas PBEC is still stuck with 2001 cases given that it is functioning for more than 1 year. Also the cases approved are random.........they are not following FIFO as they promised....PDs of later dates are being approved......

here are some of the points :
---- PBEC is far slower than DBEC
---- NO FIFO is being followed
---- More accountability needed about the case's status.

Win or lose .....lawsuit would bring BEC under radar to say the least.

If you have any suggestions to eliminate the backlog in labor certifications,please let me know what else we can do to have PBEC process our cases approve faster.All the following steps have been taken and they did not bring any results:
--Letter writing to senators
--letter writing to DOL

People are really dejected ....People having PDs of 2004 are being approved by one BEC whereas another application of 2001 is stuck at another bEC. It is just sheer luck ! There is no FIFO involved here........

It is better to do something than sit around and wait endlessly without any hope.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, quick question.

Where is the money to file the lawsuit going to come from? Some people on here mentioned correctly that funds are scarce, so i was just wondering that where the money was coming from.

Do we have any stats on how many people on IV are stuck at:
1) LC stage
2) Aren't eligible to file for I-485
3) Have filed for I-485 but havent received the GC.

Just curious on what the stats are on those categories.

Also what is our plan to handle the different problems. Given that LC and retrogression are 2 VERY different issues, what is our plan to merge them? I think a little transparency will help things here. For example if there are 2 big groups 1) People that need their LCs to go thru and 2) People waiting for retrogression relief, then we need to ensure that there is a good amt of transparency on both issues including what is being done for each and how much money we wud spend (APPROX) on each. Otherwise i can forsee problems with one group or the other. This is just my opinion though.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sampath is on a distinguished road
Default Yes it is unfair to approve out of FIFO

When labor applications are of same category, BECs have made their own statement that they will process all of them as FIFO, regardless of whether they were in SWA or DOL earlier.

Here is an extract from the DOL website at the URL below:

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/...wers.asp#blcp1

*****************extract from DOLs website *********************

5. Can we assume that if our Region's cases have already been moved to a BPC, then these cases are among the earlier filing dates and we can expect them to be processed soon according to FIFO?

Answer:

All cases, regardless of whether they were in a Regional Office or a SWA, will be processed according to FIFO, once entered into PBLS.

Let us say you are waiting in a line at the DMV to get a Driver license, and you are number 21. What if you go and stand in number 1 by crossing the first 20 people in front of you.. Would you say that as unlawful ? Will the DMV accept and permit this ? If this is possible, then there cannot be order anywhere in anything..

Also one center cannot be processing applications faster, when the other one is dormant.

I contacted Hon. Elaine Chao earlier to find out about age-out cases and I got a reply saying that BECs cannot process age-out cases faster and they have to follow FIFO to adjudicate cases in order.. Now if they are approving newer cases first it is violating their policy which is similar to what they have stated in handling of age-out cases..

So yes, there is enough evidence to prove that BEC processing in unlawful and a lawsuit is a viable option. Otherwise we would not have taken up this option on consultation with Rajiv.. We are not asking to clear the backlog in a certain timeframe, in which case BEC can come and say NO. We are only asking older cases be processed first even if it takes 10 years to adjudicate all applications, and the former request seems to be reasonable..

I have and will contribute to IV, but that does not diminish my interest in proceeding with other options..

We know crossing the labor stage is simply not going to help, as we have the other one EB-485 as our next road-blocker. But people who have not got into the ramp have to, so that they can get to the next road-block (I-485).

Yes other people above have different opinions about lawsuit, but it does not mean that lawsuit will not succeed. It is just your viewpoint..

Old 03-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default Agree to disagree

I guess folks who want to sue Dept of Labor/BEC and others who think its not going to give any useful results have to agree to disagree.

No point in arguing. Immigration voice cannot be a party of this lawsuit since we are trying to lobby congress for legislative solutions to retrogression and an administrative solutions for backlog efficiency and transparency.

However, we sympathize the utter frustration resulting from the bulk-handling tactic of labor files and the injustice caused by failure of FIFO.

Thanks,
--logiclife.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
atsraj is on a distinguished road
Default More reasons to support retrogression clearance than backlog elimination

My labor got remanded in 2001 and is in Backlog "CREATION" Center. But I still think that it is wise to focus on retrogression clearance than keeping hope on the backlog elimination. Here are the reasons ...

Instead of wasting time, money and energy on something that is not going to yield any end result, I'm optimistic that if the retrogression clears soon, I can file a PERM and get the labour cleared in 45 days and file 140 & 485.

Even if the .01 % of victory in the lawsuit happens, what is the use if the retrogression prevails and all the 245i 's get cleared because of your lawsuit and comes back to haunt you again by retrogressing more.

In all essence I would support IV's restrogression clearance efforts than keep talking about the unrealistic lawsuits that aims at nothing but to make BEC realize that they are doing a bad job. They already knew what they are doing !!!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sampath is on a distinguished road
Default Just to be clear

I did not write the above to ask for support from Immigration Voice. It was just that a few very deterring personal opinions were posted to show that the lawsuit will not succeed.. I can also come and state that legistlative options will not succeed...No point arguing about what each one's personal opinions are.. Comprehensive legislation was conceived much earlier, even before IV was involved. The same was the case with S.1932. IV is only trying to cultivate lawmakers' opinion on certain points in the bill which may or may not bear fruit.

Nevertheless, my contributions and steadfastness for IV to succeed will remain the same.

This will be my last post in this thread :-)

Old 03-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sbdol has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklabor
Javaconsultant,

The info we have now is that Dallas is focusing on cases that already passed SWA, i.e., easy cases. PBEC is apparently doing things right. But definitely, transparency is one of the things we are fighting for.
For your information Dallas approved 3 times more cases than Philadelphia.
Things at PBEC are in complete mess. Some cases from 2002 and even 2003 are approved while others from 2001 even were not unpacked.