Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Similar Thread in immigrationportal.com

There is a Similar thread in immigrationportal.com... where the statuses are maintained in a nice Excel sheet with lots of reports. Please check :
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sho...08#post1392408
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rcahk is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Endless

My PD Oct 2001. 45 letter received October 2005. No news at Apr.5 2006

Old 04-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Sweden
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold

Wow. That must be a record... Maybe you should call Guiness World records, and claim the title "slowest Green Card process in history".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcahk
My PD Oct 2001. 45 letter received October 2005. No news at Apr.5 2006

Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abstractvision is a splendid one to behold abstractvision is a splendid one to behold abstractvision is a splendid one to behold abstractvision is a splendid one to behold abstractvision is a splendid one to behold abstractvision is a splendid one to behold abstractvision is a splendid one to behold
Default Call for a Rally at Capitol..Washington DC

I have faxed my letters...sent 7 by USPS as well to get a hard copy reply. I do not want to discourage this effort, but In my opinion NOTHING will happen with Fax/Email as these are the people who show that they recognize the problem and working the best way they could. No room for improvement.

I do not think lawsuit will work either. Courts are goin to believe all the plans and implementation details and success stories from DOL.

I met 2 members of Congress ( one Ex)and they heard me patiently, appreciated me explaining the problem to them, showed their empathy but no results. One of them I guess was instrumental for the fillibuster the Spector's bill...Great...I do not blame anybody..I realized later that If someone is elected based on conservative ideology and Xenophobic attitude, how is s/he going to help me.

I was impressed by the rallies the illegals aliens have organized. That definitely had major impact as a community asking for their rights. It was covered in all Major /Minor channels and almost all major radio station. It had a major impact in congress hearings. A force to recon with.....

We are all high skilled people who I think,
-do not have time to go out for rally,
-have enough time for suggestions to others in this and other forum(internet is great),
-do not want to participate or donate for a lawsuit,
-always think about divisions among ourselves (01 & 02 Vs 03/04 devide),
-wish to take meanigless positions (stopping PERM..Cursing IV..),
-believe why to move their butt as they have consistent job and not to worry about the time( If it comes early..its a bonus),
-take and reply to opinions personally
-think others will get benefitted too
-wait and watch (Home country is an option too)
-worry about a day leave for rally or meeting
-wait for Visa Bullettin
-discuss Illegals while we are in worst shape than them

I guess if we do not put our acts together, We deserve the situation we are in today.

I suggest, we make city wise list of the suffering people, meet once in 1 or 2 weeks, choose a lead and have leads finalize the date for the rally/ further action.....and show up.
If NOT, then simply show up at Capitol in white dress after Spring recess of Congress.

Unless somebody comes up with any other viable option, I guess Its a wake up call to be answered. Rally from Jefferson to Capitol via 1600 P. Avenue....We donot need 500,000. Even 30 to 50 people with a week notice to all major TV channels will work.

Since, Illegals had such a great rally, Media will definitely pay attention to LEGAL's rally.

Local folks...Congress works until late..Early morning or after work hour is fine. Not sure abt Saturday. If no one is interested..fine..I have got two hands to display at least one banner.

PD: Aug 2002
State: MD/RIR/EB3
Regional:No
Replied 45 days letter: July '05

Old 04-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kab_ayega is on a distinguished road

Absolutely, the idea of doing a rally is what;s the need of the hour.

Illegels have showed up the way to make their voices heard at the center.

have we forgotten , rallies are not new to us, that how Gandhi fought independence.

We got to wake up come out of our comfort zones and small interests
look at the magnitude of teh problem.

If we dont stand up, they will do whatever they want to.

backlog will go in parallel with retrogression.......

calling senator , faxing ur views can help to convey ur message but we need
to be agressive

when they have a choice to discuss and decide on some matter
it will be illegals not us as they are ones who have created nuisance.

think what will happen to US economy if all of H1B holders stop working for a day, noone supporting their applications, data, security

they outght to take action only if we stand up...

i am in for any such kind of rallies,

place does not matter, you dont have to do it at the center only

as long as it can be conveyed through the media it will be heard.

email if anyone of you is willing to take this up in sothern california

Old 04-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede
Wow. That must be a record... Maybe you should call Guiness World records, and claim the title "slowest Green Card process in history".
No, unfortunatelly, there are many thousands like me.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold
Default We do not matter

In the larger scheme of things, we 350k do not matter and do not have the political clout of the 11 million illegals.

So I do not think anything can happen by involving the media etc. in our cause. Getting a lobbying firm and lawyers to help is a much better way and will in the long run be more effective IMO. To this effect, I intend to contribute to Immigration Voice effort to hire a lobbying firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkam
Dear "colleagues in faith" :-), there is only one way to change the things with this immigration trap - we have to win the public opinion!

Currently 350,000 highly qualified professionals working for this country are in a legal limbo which continues for years. Our current legal status is that of slaves. Yes, slaves! Nowadays it takes anywhere between 5 - 10 years from applying to receiving of a GC. We cannot change our employers within this period, the members of our families cannot work (at least legally) and our spouses lose their professional carrier; if our kids get in college they are treated as "aliens" (full tuition, no student loans, no scholarship); the loans we get are with higher interest rate (for "protection"); at the borders we are treated as "intruders" etc.

The average Americans are honest hardworking people. If they are aware of the immigration problems faced by 350,000 hardworking professionals in this country, they will raise their voice and will help for resolving of this issue. They just need to know that. I believe that in addition to talking to senators etc., we have to find ways our issues to reach the media - newspapers, magazines and so on. An article in Times may lead to a lot of positive changes in the immigration system.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vicky007 is on a distinguished road

Gurus, my I-140 petition is pending due to Retrogression.Any idea what would be the scenario when the Pending cases at the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centre come through? what i am trying to find here is how many of these cases would be Pre June 2002 ?As per my research,majority of Cases at the Philadelphia centre are post June 2002.

Regards

Old 04-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indyyy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcahk
No, unfortunatelly, there are many thousands like me.
PD - Nov 2001, regular, EB2 - No 45 day letter yet - How about that ?

Old 04-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Endless

I forgot to mention that mine is an RIR. I guess that makes all the difference. Hang in there, nothing lasts for ever !!!

Old 04-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Default Reply from Labor dept as a response to e-mail

I received a reply from Dept of Labor. According to that, my e-mail to Elaine Chao is directed to them and they say Labor certification is an employer driven process blah blah .. and only employer and attorney can request the info, and so I have to talk to my employer.

Then they say backlog is expected to be eliminated by September 2007. And they are looking for ways to improve transparency in "Permanent Backlog centers".

In summary, a hopelessly bureaucratic message. I doubt if they ever read the e-mails.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
laborman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Backlog data entry to be completed by June 06

As per the latest update provided by the DOL to the AILA, of the 363,000 backlog cases pending 108,000 have been completed; 50,000 Certifications have been issued and 255,000 cases remain pending. The DOL further advises that they are on track to issue 45 day letters on all remaining cases by end of June 2006.

My PD is Sept 2003 and I haven't yet got my 45 - day letter.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Morocco
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jhokimi is on a distinguished road

Filed in RIR DC on 04/28/2004. No 45 day letter yet!
Anyone else from DC in the same case?

Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
Thailand
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
EternityInLimbo has a spectacular aura about EternityInLimbo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyyy
PD - Nov 2001, regular, EB2 - No 45 day letter yet - How about that ?
PD Sept 2001, RIR EB2 (completed MD SWA Nov 2003 before going BEC), response confirmation filed Jan 2005, no further word... Just got my 10th-year H-1B extension approved.

How's this for a sad, twisted case of one-upmanship!
Almost glad for the company, but at the same time really sorry for it.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I heard from my law firm that the Philly BEC was prioritizing resource allocation to entering cases into their system, rather than in reviewing (and approving) the cases...

Old 05-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
arihant will become famous soon enough
Default Does it really take so much effort?

I keep hearing that DOL has allocated more resources to entering data. Does it really take so much effort to perform data entry. One of our customer is a large multinational company that has hired a few interns to convert huge stacks of paper files into electronic format by manually entering data into the system. These paper files go back decades, and these 5-6 interns have been making great progress.

In contrast, how long does it take to enter 300K cases into the system? Besides, if they have hired about 100 additional people or so, why are they using case reviewers to enter data? Can't they use interns to perform such low-skill job while continuing to use reviewers to perform their primary task?

My company recently interviewed a fresh computer science college graduate who is working with DOL in entering data. I wish we had hired him so that I could talk to him more about his job duties there.