Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 108
NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default You can do everything like everybody else even on H1B

There are lot of people whodo investments,have kids and buy houses and everything else when they are on H1.
I don't see any reason to hold off things on H1. If your wife did master's why don't get her on H1, there are so many job openings available in market.
Instead of crying, take some action
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 630
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

very well said... i encounter this all the time when i talk about IV to others...(extreme ignorance, indifference, lack of optimism, lethargy, let someone else do my work and finally superfical sympathy)

We have everything to gain and and little to loose, still no one cares...

your quote "After paying taxes, after following all immigration laws, after getting all the education in the world to become "Highly skilled", the highly skilled cant bring themselves to stand-up with a straight spine, thump their desk and talk to their lawmaker."
sums it all up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Yes, and a lot of people know that there are highly skilled people who are depressed and that takes a toll on employee productivity.
....
.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 469
msp1976 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist578
I and my wife have been SCREAMING, FIGHTING for over four years now. We are now so frustrated that we have EVEN DISCUSSED THINGS LIKE TAKING UP OUR LIVES !!! I really mean it. For both of us, our career is the single most important thing.
We had decided to wait for our next step in life like having a kid or putting in a big investment till we both at least have a job. Inspite of both of us having Masters degress from US universities, we are both suffering - me languishing in a filthy job and my wife on H4 - for the past 5 years !!! She is now more than 35 making it difficult to have kids etc...
I don't have the choice of going back to my home country due to many other personal reasons. I just don't know what to do... I am losing my sanity.
Many of us are in the same position as you are and most of us understand your pain...We sympathise with you...
One has to learn to find happiness is small things in life..Reading a good book..Doing something constructive always helps...

Well...Getting the green card is not the pinnacle of success in life...That is again merely another start. Another day I read a story about a person who got green card in 2 years and went bankrupt in another year because of big medical bills....Adversity is alway gonna be there in one form or other..one just needs to face it..

You can contribute your spare time to help our organization..That would be a good start....

Last edited by msp1976; 03-08-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 92
optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNReddy
There are lot of people whodo investments,have kids and buy houses and everything else when they are on H1.
I don't see any reason to hold off things on H1. If your wife did master's why don't get her on H1, there are so many job openings available in market.
Instead of crying, take some action
She has been trying for the past 5 years... She is not in IT. She would get past all the interview processes etc but when it comes to finalizing the papers with HR etc comes the final blow. "No visa sponsorships, Sorry !! "
Seeing all her friends climb up the ladders.. doing well in different areas and you being left helpless is difficult to digest. She has been volunteering, working with different Societies, charity organizations. But keeping yourself busy is not just what she wants to do.
------------------------------------------------------
My efforts:-
A $50 monthly contributing member,
Trying to meet a congressman now
Convincing friends to join efforts.
But haven't seen "anything" positive yet.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 469
msp1976 will become famous soon enough
Default

Think of it this way..We are foreigners 12K miles from Home...We are here and trying to change the laws of this country...They are listening to us a bit...That in itself is a big achivement.....It is not gonna happen overnight...It is gonna be a long haul and more...Even after the law changes we would need to look out for actual implementation..So you better harden yourself for a long protracted fight...No one promised that this is gonna be easy...You and I have invested so much time ...you and I have no option but to fight it out...

Last edited by msp1976; 03-08-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2003
Chargeability
:
Germany
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/03/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 107
Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts
Default Pssss, read this.

Guys,

We are like MLK of our modern times. Just observe that it may take a long time to change this. Actual outcome of our efforts may come to fruition in 10-20 years from now. It is the reality folks.

The only problem is that MLK was a US citizen. We are not. We have a very bad mood against us. Like it or not, to our disadvantage we have all sentiment against illegal immigration spilling over us as well. Let me tell you, I no longer discuss, comment or let Americans, not even close people know about my situation. Do you know why? People actually may not tell you, but the vast majority of Americans actually are delighted when we say we and our wives live with such restrictions.

My conclusion is this:
If you are able to fire resumes back to home country or Australia and you can get good opportunities elsewhere, do not waste your time here anymore. Our golden professional years are the ones between 25-40. If you achieve your freedom only after 40 you may find yourself in a bad shape. At 40 I must be well established professionally already.

One more thing:
We have been very lucky so far. God Forbidden, if there is one major terrorist attack in this country, you will see this Congress AND the American people with enough ammo to turn their big guns against us big time. Do you really think people will waste time with us? I am not saying that is going to happen, but I am saying if we spend our lives here and we do not take the opportunities back home, that may be a risky move indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp1976
Think of it this way..We are foreigners 12K miles from Home...We are here and trying to change the laws of this country...They are listening to us a bit...That in itself is a big achivement.....It is not gonna happen overnight...It is gonna be a long haul and more...Even after the law changes we would need to look out for actual implementation..So you better harden yourself for a long protracted fight...No one promised that this is gonna be easy...You and I have invested so much time ...you and I have no option but to fight it out...
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 313
payur is on a distinguished road
Default

If you look at what you dont have in life, you have NOTHING; If you look at what you have in life, you have EVERYTHING

I hope this helps
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18
Kalloo dada has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by payur
If you look at what you dont have in life, you have NOTHING; If you look at what you have in life, you have EVERYTHING

I hope this helps
Well said..

Kalloo Dada
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #24 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
ksach is on a distinguished road
Default one land, one rule

We are actually like the Gandhi's of our modern times. Much before MLK and much much before Gandhi fought for the Indian independence from the British, he fought for the rights of Indian labourers in South Africa. His slogan for that fight (bloodless ofcourse) was "One King, One Law". Maybe ours should be, "One land, One Law" . One should watch the movie "Gandhi", made by Richard Attenborough in 1983. Pretty Impressive. And Pretty Ironic too. It took a Britisher to make a good movie about a person who fought the British.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito_ortiz
Guys,

We are like MLK of our modern times. Just observe that it may take a long time to change this. Actual outcome of our efforts may come to fruition in 10-20 years from now. It is the reality folks.

The only problem is that MLK was a US citizen. We are not. We have a very bad mood against us. Like it or not, to our disadvantage we have all sentiment against illegal immigration spilling over us as well. Let me tell you, I no longer discuss, comment or let Americans, not even close people know about my situation. Do you know why? People actually may not tell you, but the vast majority of Americans actually are delighted when we say we and our wives live with such restrictions.

My conclusion is this:
If you are able to fire resumes back to home country or Australia and you can get good opportunities elsewhere, do not waste your time here anymore. Our golden professional years are the ones between 25-40. If you achieve your freedom only after 40 you may find yourself in a bad shape. At 40 I must be well established professionally already.

One more thing:
We have been very lucky so far. God Forbidden, if there is one major terrorist attack in this country, you will see this Congress AND the American people with enough ammo to turn their big guns against us big time. Do you really think people will waste time with us? I am not saying that is going to happen, but I am saying if we spend our lives here and we do not take the opportunities back home, that may be a risky move indeed.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 115
whoever is on a distinguished road
Default

ok, start predicting the april visa bulletin and cheer up. everyone has problems and most are depressed. i have been victim of severe depression, i cant even say, most of the time it has so severe effects -- i lose my appetite. but i dont cry in public, nor say publicly i suffer from it, nor have i been to a doctor for it.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #26 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
DianaSteve is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist578
I and my wife have been SCREAMING, FIGHTING for over four years now. We are now so frustrated that we have EVEN DISCUSSED THINGS LIKE TAKING UP OUR LIVES !!! I really mean it. For both of us, our career is the single most important thing.
We had decided to wait for our next step in life like having a kid or putting in a big investment till we both at least have a job. Inspite of both of us having Masters degress from US universities, we are both suffering - me languishing in a filthy job and my wife on H4 - for the past 5 years !!! She is now more than 35 making it difficult to have kids etc...
I don't have the choice of going back to my home country due to many other personal reasons. I just don't know what to do... I am losing my sanity.

I wonder what is holding you from having kids or making an investment. See GC is not the ultimate goal. I am spending so much money on estending my visa. Imagine on the same job on the same chair, no promotion, no major raise, no opportunity becuase of this crisis. But I do see a light. This year it's going to happen. Wait and see. So don't loose hope. Meanwhile enjoy the things you have. Don't worry about tomorrow.

"They also serve who only stand and wait....."
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #27 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,300
Blog Entries: 3
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Guys, get a grip on yourself. Volunteer your time for IV. It is both fulfilling and it is for a cause.

Of course being in a state of limbo is not the best thing you planned for, in life. If your spouse is not allowed to work and/or has difficulties coping with stress, just channelize all energy towards IV goals.

Cheer up.

I talked to many important people in IL including state government, university professors who are related to immigration and/or have interest in imm. They are all aware of our problems (hard country limits, spouse/dependents counted in visa numbers etc). It is only the offices of congress reps that show a blank face as far as skilled immigration is concerned.

So I urge you to join your local state chapters and start meeting your reps and/or office staff asap.

Now for those, who are here for a free ride with no progressive work and have not contributed, shame on you and I mean it.
__________________
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
-- Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi (Slogan of the Linux community)
- Supporting Green Peace, Chicago Public Radio, 2020 Vision and other orgs.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=


Last edited by janilsal; 03-09-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 298
eager_immi is on a distinguished road
Default this is crazy...

Listen, everyone is frustrated but to take your lives for a GC is crazy. If you guys are so depressed please seek medical help. If you have kids they will be US citizens they can sponsor you 18 years later so why are you that frustrated. When your wife is on H4 that is the best time to have kids because she is at home and you don't have to pay daycare. It is the woman in H1B that my sympathies are with bc they cannot go part-time or get more that 6 week maternity leave. So please buckle up or seek help, I donít think your logic makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist578
I and my wife have been SCREAMING, FIGHTING for over four years now. We are now so frustrated that we have EVEN DISCUSSED THINGS LIKE TAKING UP OUR LIVES !!! I really mean it. For both of us, our career is the single most important thing.
We had decided to wait for our next step in life like having a kid or putting in a big investment till we both at least have a job. Inspite of both of us having Masters degress from US universities, we are both suffering - me languishing in a filthy job and my wife on H4 - for the past 5 years !!! She is now more than 35 making it difficult to have kids etc...
I don't have the choice of going back to my home country due to many other personal reasons. I just don't know what to do... I am losing my sanity.
__________________
Contributed $500 so far
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #29 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,503
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default I tend to agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager_immi
Listen, everyone is frustrated but to take your lives for a GC is crazy. If you guys are so depressed please seek medical help. If you have kids they will be US citizens they can sponsor you 18 years later so why are you that frustrated. When your wife is on H4 that is the best time to have kids because she is at home and you don't have to pay daycare. It is the woman in H1B that my sympathies are with bc they cannot go part-time or get more that 6 week maternity leave. So please buckle up or seek help, I don’t think your logic makes sense.
I tend to agree that suicidal thoughts borne out of frustration is totally crazy. Look at the Irish. They are illegals, yet they go to capitol Hill and themselves talk to lawmakers. And then probably in the evening, they might have drunk to that. Do you think they think like that...?:

Yes, if suicide is something that crosses your mind due to GC frustration, I think you need to seek professional help from a therapist. Because mental health is of higher priority than immigration status.

Putting off raising a family, having kids etc UNTIL you get GC is also not wise. Do you really want to tie that important decision of life with the process that's decided in the halls of congress?

Another thing...if you are from India and China, then I suggest you do this. Go to Barnes and Noble, and pick up one of the two books (or both).

"Flight of the creative class..." -- By Richard Florida.
"Flight Capital..." -- David Heenan.

Both are written on how hundreds and even thousands of US citizens(Citizens, not GC holders) are going back to their home countries after living in USA because home offers same opportunities in addition to being a the place where you grew up. They've analyzed 10 countries. India and China are one of them.

I know many people are averse to talking to their lawmakers because of unknown fears(totally wrong thing to do...there is nothing to be afraid of) but I am sure you are not loathe to going to Barnes and Noble and picking up a book and reading it. It will make you feel better. You and others like you, if not wanted by USA, are wanted elsewhere.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,300
Blog Entries: 3
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
I know many people are averse to talking to their lawmakers because of unknown fears(totally wrong thing to do...there is nothing to be afraid of)
Come on, if you are not strong enough to talk to your congress rep and/or his staff, then you need to evaluate yourself.

Yesterday, I did talk to a bunch of office people for a congress rep who is a republican (and still evaluating CIR) and they were very impressed with my knowledge of the issues and hearings happening in the senate/congress etc. I may have moved that congress man's decision towards supporting CIR. Just get yourself acquainted with what is happening with immigration in the hearings - know who the key players are etc AND then just talk to the office people/staff dealing with immigration for the congress reps. The worst that can happen is that they may disagree with you. But they will not ill treat you in any way.

Now show some depth - contribute your time and money to IV.
__________________
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
-- Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi (Slogan of the Linux community)
- Supporting Green Peace, Chicago Public Radio, 2020 Vision and other orgs.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Bookmark and Share Compare


Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why we are depressed? Its not BECs. Its us to blame. logiclife IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 49 03-14-2007 07:10 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org