Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ash0210 will become famous soon enough
Default I dont have time to have depression...

I am from retrogressed country, I am here for last 12 years & did not got depressed as I do not have GC. In my early years in USA, I used to get depress as I was not having GC but then I started thinking...Is GC is the ONLY important thing in my life?

I started concentrating on my work, constrained my self on checking now& then PDs, LUD's. If feellt depresssed - listening Indian classical music and involving in local commuitiy activities/helping kids in their studies..

Life is beautiful, GC is just part of my life and GC do not drives my life..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzarafaq
Well, I am TOO depressed about the BEC performance. I know too many people are in same situation but I find myself "helpless" and at least i want to SCREAM......
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2003
Chargeability
:
Germany
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/03/2003
Compare
Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts

Ash0210, how come you have been here for 12 years without GC?? Can you tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0210
I am from retrogressed country, I am here for last 12 years & did not got depressed as I do not have GC. In my early years in USA, I used to get depress as I was not having GC but then I started thinking...Is GC is the ONLY important thing in my life?

I started concentrating on my work, constrained my self on checking now& then PDs, LUD's. If feellt depresssed - listening Indian classical music and involving in local commuitiy activities/helping kids in their studies..

Life is beautiful, GC is just part of my life and GC do not drives my life..

Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ash0210 will become famous soon enough
Default Sure Tito_ortiz...

Here is my story...When I came here 12 years back, for initial 3 years I did not applied for GC. Then I started my GC with a employer, company lawyer kept on saying that he filed my GC for one & half year but he did not...One fine morning, I realized that my lawyer was seating on my papers as per instructions from HR..lost around 2 years there. After talking to HR, lawyer filed LC and LC was approved thereafter two & half years..Unfortunatley, at the time of filing I-140, company declared "Bankruptcy" and once agian I was on the road. Joined new employer. New employer said I have to complete one year to file GC. After one year filed LC, my I-140 approved and last FOUR years on EAD. This roller coster is because of...I am from "Retrogressed" conuthry and PD is getting retrogressing now & then...

Still feels that GC is just a part of journey of my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito_ortiz
Ash0210, how come you have been here for 12 years without GC?? Can you tell me?

Old 03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

another story:

i have a close friend who has been here since 1991 with no GC. he came for his undergraduate studies in 1991..finished that...got a good job...met a girl...got married...girl was also an undergrad here then went to grad school...then lost his job..girl was still in school...lost almost everything

then he built his life back..got a job....started working his way up...girl graduated..worked in a small company and then changed jobs..started gc process for the 3rd time...luckily got ead and ap....girl changed jobs...bought a house...retrogression happened....and hes still waiting

can u beat that...hes been here for 16 years.

putting off decisions is very easy when it comes to gc...many times u just need to bite the bullet and live ur life. dont get me wrong.. i have put off getting my h1b stamped for over 3 yrs...havent been out of the country for 5 yrs...now i have decided its not worth it and will do it sometime this yr.

like russell peter's chinese person says "be a man...do the right thing"

Last edited by yabadaba; 03-09-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
msp1976 will become famous soon enough

After two years in the US, I told my employer that I want to file for GC...
Going to and fro he spent 8 months sayign that he is in the process of doing it...Then he gave me the papers to sign...After that he kept telling me that the lawyer had filed it for one and a half year...In April 04 employer changed lawyers...The new lawyer tried to find all cases at the DOL...My case and one of my friends case is 'missing'...They telling me that is old lawyers fault.....They told us to file a new cases...I am sitting around since July 04.....I am so sick of this whole thing.....
July 04 was my chance to change job or go back...I decided to stick with the job...my bad...Now I am really stuck.....Am waiting for 8th year extension...Wife finishing MS in May and baby on way....I am stuck with dead end job...not well paid......

Old 03-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2004
Compare
sbabunle is on a distinguished road

sorry msp1976. You are not alone. I've a slightly different story.

I came in 1998. Was working with Indian startup. He screwed me
up big time. ( I decided after that I will never work for Indian employers).
He kept on telling me now, tomorrow..for starting GC process. Finlly
he told me to go back to Indian office( In 2001). So I quit.

I joined with new company. After 1 year they agreed to start
GC for me. Another Desi in the company already started his GC.
I had to go with that lawyer, since company doesn't want to deal
with 2 lawyers. There was something going on between this lawyer
and this Desi guy. Anyway this lawyer took all papers from me
and told me everything filed. After one year I came to know that
he did not do a thing. So in effect I miss the golden chance.

I had to start again. In 2003 middle they filed again. And
then the retrogression.....The story goes on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp1976
After two years in the US, I told my employer that I want to file for GC...
Going to and fro he spent 8 months sayign that he is in the process of doing it...Then he gave me the papers to sign...After that he kept telling me that the lawyer had filed it for one and a half year...In April 04 employer changed lawyers...The new lawyer tried to find all cases at the DOL...My case and one of my friends case is 'missing'...They telling me that is old lawyers fault.....They told us to file a new cases...I am sitting around since July 04.....I am so sick of this whole thing.....
July 04 was my chance to change job or go back...I decided to stick with the job...my bad...Now I am really stuck.....Am waiting for 8th year extension...Wife finishing MS in May and baby on way....I am stuck with dead end job...not well paid......

Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

Guys everybody has a story, in my area Labors were getting cleared in less than 1 month in mid of 2003. When my attorney filed my labor and we didn’t hear on it for 3 months, my Attorney called up the local labor dept. they told him that the person who used to do foreign labor certs met with an accident and is on extended leave, It took 13 months for the local office, by that time BECs were born, retrogression…..

Old 03-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

Actually everyone should get copy of the receipts from DOL or INS whenever company received and also they should communicate to the lawyer every 3 months to get the status. Atleast the errors due to company or Lawyers should be avoided. One may not have much control after it goes to INS or DOL but persons make sure that everything filed properly. Some lawyers promtly send copies of all the communications both inbound and outbound. That will give gc applicants chance to review the various process and they can try to correct if any discrepancy or errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage
Guys everybody has a story, in my area Labors were getting cleared in less than 1 month in mid of 2003. When my attorney filed my labor and we didn’t hear on it for 3 months, my Attorney called up the local labor dept. they told him that the person who used to do foreign labor certs met with an accident and is on extended leave, It took 13 months for the local office, by that time BECs were born, retrogression…..

Old 03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to your reps' office staff. Share your stories/struggles with them. Then sometimes you get to meet your congress rep. Go to nearest universities. Check out departments that are doing immigration research. Volunteer to share your story with them.

This way, you work for a cause as well as build your social network. Once you get your GC, you will see that you have all these new people you never knew them before.

A decision that I took few months back was to force IV core to agree to opening a state chapter in IL. Now I feel that initiative has reaped benefits as I am gaining contacts in local, state governments, immigration activists and also like minded people from neighboring states. This would not have happened if I had got a GC on a platter and did not have to struggle.

Now stop whining and do some action.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Last edited by janilsal; 03-09-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gdilla is on a distinguished road
Default Don't get down

Why is the US the be all and end all of your life and career? Is Canada out of the question? It's not always rosey up there, but schools are just as good if not better than US, generally safer and less xenphobic, and they will welcome and appreciate your skills; pay you a fair wage (that through hard work and good relationships you can ratchet up over the years), and welcome your family. CAD is going up. US dollar is going down.

Did you know that most large, publicaly traded, US hi-tech and financial juggernauts have thriving offices in Canada (to take advantage of high skiled quality workforce)? Intel, HP, Agilent, Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, AMD, etc. Start applying. And guess what, if you really pine for the start and stripes, you can work your way to a transfer back on an L1 visa which may up your EB category and reduce your wait time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/faq/immigrating-5.html

Old 03-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
centaur is infamous around these parts centaur is infamous around these parts

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Yes, and a lot of people know that there are highly skilled people who are depressed and that takes a toll on employee productivity.

After all, if 90% of your time is spent on thinking about BECs and visa bulletins, imagine if that time was spent on doing the job they've hired you for.

Some employers(like Microsoft) realize this and want to do something about it. Its not just about keeping the best and brightest here in USA. Its also about keeping the morale and productivity up.

As to how to deal with this...try this.

Call your local congressman's office(Find out info about that from House.gov, with your zipcode). Get an appointment with congressman. There is an Easter recess coming up when they would be back from DC.

Then talk to him about all issues you have. Take all the material you need from the "Volunteer" menu item of this website.

Doing something about the problem is the best therapy there is. I am not saying this because I want to coax you into meeting your congressman. No. That's not the objective. But I think action is the best remedy for this problem. And there is actionable stuff to do about this. If you are suffering from terminal cancer, then you really cant do anything about that. This is not such a problem. This is a problem for which the solution is out there.

Somehow, after landing in this country, people lose the appetite for risk and adventure. Before they are in here, they would move mountains to score an H1 or an F1. After coming here, they hunker down, heads-under-the-desk kind of approach. What I am talking about is nearly 200 people right now, who have read this post, but havent logged in. They wouldnt log in. They wouldnt give their real email address if they sign up. They would never contribute. WHY? Because they are afraid. That they will be deported. For no reason. Everything we do is legal, including raising funds and spending it on lobbying. But they are afraid. They are also afraid that by talking to congressmen, they will make them mad and the congressman will pick up the phone, call USCIS and then get their 140 cancelled. Yes. People create their own fastasies and become afraid of them..

Yesterday, nearly 2000 Irish illegals went to capitol hill and talked to various lawmakers to lobby for CIR and legalization. They were illegals. Yet, the somehow managed to walk into the building where laws of this country are made, talk to people who make the laws that they have broken, go thru Capitol Hill security check, and look into the eye of the lawmaker and talk to them.

However, our community, this is how they behave. Forget about talking to congressman, or contributing money. When they call the core group with a question, they block the caller id can call. Dont disclose their name too. Ask a questions and then quickely hang up. Some of them want to contribute with cash because they are not willing to believe us that we are doing everything legal here and its their right to lobbying and petition the Government for problems.

After paying taxes, after following all immigration laws, after getting all the education in the world to become "Highly skilled", the highly skilled cant bring themselves to stand-up with a straight spine, thump their desk and talk to their lawmaker.

So at the end of the day, if we are depressed that legals dont get attention, then you know where to look for blame : the highly skilled who are highly educated and too afraid because their education and skills make them think too much and analyze too much, and they are afraid all the time.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Compare
nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of

I have a similar story. I have also been here since 1991 in status all these yrs and still without a GC. Here is my timeline.

1991 -1996: Came to US as undergrad. Worked my way through school. Full time job and full time studies. 4 yrs course took me 5 yrs as I never took summers so I can earn my fees.

1996-1998: Finished Masters.

1999 : Got my job in my current company on OPT as entry level analyst. Later that year went on H1.

2001 : Firm filed for Labor certification. Their reqt was 2 yrs work before applying for GC. Reputable American firm.

2005 : Labor certification approved.

2006 : I 140 filed and approved. Got 8-11 yr H1 extension. Still waiting for GC due to retro. Thinking of moving to Canada.

And yes in the 8 yrs I have been with my company I have got 3 promotions and am now a Manager. My companys immigration lawyer said thats ok. He just joked that when you get your green card just make sure you get tripple demotion to new role.

So when new kids on the block (<5 yrs in US) talk about GC process being screwed up, I say pick a number and wait in line. The closest example to this feeling is waiting to go to the restroom when you live in a slum and there is line of 100 ppl ahead of you to use the loo and you have loose motions

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba
another story:

i have a close friend who has been here since 1991 with no GC. he came for his undergraduate studies in 1991..finished that...got a good job...met a girl...got married...girl was also an undergrad here then went to grad school...then lost his job..girl was still in school...lost almost everything

then he built his life back..got a job....started working his way up...girl graduated..worked in a small company and then changed jobs..started gc process for the 3rd time...luckily got ead and ap....girl changed jobs...bought a house...retrogression happened....and hes still waiting

can u beat that...hes been here for 16 years.

putting off decisions is very easy when it comes to gc...many times u just need to bite the bullet and live ur life. dont get me wrong.. i have put off getting my h1b stamped for over 3 yrs...havent been out of the country for 5 yrs...now i have decided its not worth it and will do it sometime this yr.

like russell peter's chinese person says "be a man...do the right thing"

Last edited by nozerd; 03-09-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

I think a GC app is for a futute position. So getting promotions should be ok. I have seen comments stating otherwise here in the forums. What is true?
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DianaSteve is on a distinguished road

I believe when you get a promotion a new H1B has to be filed and that is hurdle in many aspects. Or what if the company is small and there is nothing to aspire for... like me?

Old 03-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default Make peace with yourself

A lot of people can give you advice but I think it really comes down to making peace with yourself.

I have been thru the pain of being stuck in LC for over 4 years and I can completely sympathize with you. I know it can be really frustrating. I have been thru swings of optimisim and pessimism in those 4 years. Ultimately this is what I have realized, there is always a price to be paid in life if you want to achieve anything in life. It is upto each one of us to decide if GC is worth the various years of being stuck in same job, wife being stuck on H4 is the right price for GC or am I paying too much. For me personally, I think I am paying a big price but I am like a businessman who has invested so much money and time in his enterprise that he's afraid to drop the venture and start another business. Actually a lot of us fall in this category.

So look at it this way. Write down the price you are paying. Figure out if you still want to put your effort (and how much) in trying to get a GC. If you think its a venture that's not worth the outcome, there's your answer! If you think its worth the outcome but you are afraid you still may not get a GC, work on backup plan i.e. evaluate and apply for immigration to other western countries or evaluate and work on a plan to go back to your home country. Knowing the price and having alternate plans will give you peace of minds. More than anything else don't forget to have fun. A lot of times we get caught up in worrying about what might/might not happen in future and don't enjoy the present! Go out with your wife and have a fancy dinner every now and then ... do something spontaneous... Watch movies, listen to music, go bowling with friends ... whatever takes your mind off the routine!

I see a lot of guys telling everyone who is frustrated saying: Let your wife get her own H1, why don't you buy a house on H1, why don't you have kids? Well, its good to offer suggestions but don't get condescending. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a stable job that they can buy a house. Not everyone's wife is in IT and can get a desi co. to sponsor H1. Not everyone is at peace mentally enough that they can plan children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzarafaq
Well, I am TOO depressed about the BEC performance. I know too many people are in same situation but I find myself "helpless" and at least i want to SCREAM......

Closed Thread