Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-00
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
w_peace is on a distinguished road
Default Depressed

I understand and I have been there. I can tell you one thing, FIGHT them. Don't sit and wait, write, call, contact DHS, USCIS, your local Congress person, contact ACLU.org, some non profit organizations who have been helping immigrants like you and I.

It depends what type of application you have one thing for sure, DON"T GIVE UP

Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzarafaq
Well, I am TOO depressed about the BEC performance. I know too many people are in same situation but I find myself "helpless" and at least i want to SCREAM......
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Re: I am depressed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist578
I and my wife have been SCREAMING, FIGHTING for over four years now. We are now so frustrated that we have EVEN DISCUSSED THINGS LIKE TAKING UP OUR LIVES !!! I really mean it. For both of us, our career is the single most important thing.
We had decided to wait for our next step in life like having a kid or putting in a big investment till we both at least have a job. Inspite of both of us having Masters degress from US universities, we are both suffering - me languishing in a filthy job and my wife on H4 - for the past 5 years !!! She is now more than 35 making it difficult to have kids etc...
I don't have the choice of going back to my home country due to many other personal reasons. I just don't know what to do... I am losing my sanity.
Man, this website relieves my stress as it makes me realize that there are people whole lot depressed than I am , and it puts my life into perspective. Stress is only a state of mind.
For you sir, please live up to your username and cheer up. First thing you need to do is make a baby, everything will fall in it's place, trust me.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Entertainment of the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul555
Man, this website relieves my stress as it makes me realize that there are people whole lot depressed than I am , and it puts my life into perspective. Stress is only a state of mind.
For you sir, please live up to your username and cheer up. First thing you need to do is make a baby, everything will fall in it's place, trust me.
---
Well, I agree with your partially. Not with the baby making part. There are other avenues where we can channel our mind. In this case, volunteering for IV, especially now will be fruitful.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
Tanzania
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
sabbygirl99 is on a distinguished road
Default I FEEL your pain - I really do.

I have mulled over different options in my head for a long time. Here are some things I came up with:

- switch to a part time H1 (and do something else in your free time that you might find a little more fulfilling, i.e enrolling in PT grad program, starting a business (which you CAN do on an H1!!!), travel!!). I know there is the money factor but most of us are IT people and hopefully taking a cut will be worth the improved life.

- begin your Canadian PR process. This takes a lot less time and honestly, I think Canadians are more cultured anyway. Leave these people to their Paris and Nicoles

OK - I guess I didn;t come up with as many options as I had thought....

Old 03-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbygirl99
I have mulled over different options in my head for a long time. Here are some things I came up with:

- switch to a part time H1 (and do something else in your free time that you might find a little more fulfilling, i.e enrolling in PT grad program, starting a business (which you CAN do on an H1!!!), travel!!). I know there is the money factor but most of us are IT people and hopefully taking a cut will be worth the improved life.

- begin your Canadian PR process. This takes a lot less time and honestly, I think Canadians are more cultured anyway. Leave these people to their Paris and Nicoles

the Canada option and is not bad. you can get it in 1 year plus it will take less energy than it takes you now to remain depressed.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exactly

Well said eager_immi. Getting GC and getting job and earning is not the only thing in life. I have seen many many couple who are gc holders and citizens, giving up their career to bring up the kids for the first few years. This segment includes US citizens ( US Origin) too. Most the of the americans here have their spouse at home to take care of their kids first few years. It is not worth anybody's time and money to have a kid and put them in daycare from day one and go out and earn and pay half of it to daycare and the remaining half you are left with is not even come close to the amout of time you spent away with the new born who needs your warmth and does not have words to express. So the time spent with your new born for the first few years is priceless compared to the dollar you dream to earn at the cost of having child.

Enough of above, even my wife is CPA and we are married for 5 years now. She came to US dreaming about working in professional CPA firm. But my ignorance about GC process then cost her her career. She was depressed initially. I am an easy go guy and convinced her not to worry much about job. We planned and now we have 3+ year girl and a 3 weeks+ boy. Her mind is all set towards taking care of our kids and I am free from those job hunting depressions. Once both of our kids reaches 5+, she may again start to think about career. May be by then, by Gods grace, I hope to have my GC. I bought a house this year and we all live happily knowing all the uncertanites of H1. We knew it is risk to buy a house. But ultimately what is going to happen. Is anyone going to behead you in case you default or loose job? What the heck, file bankruptcy and go back to home country. At least the days we live here, we live in peace and enjoy. If you have this mindset, you will think clearly and will take positive decisions. Otherwise, everyday is hell in US for immigrants with the current GC process.

Getting GC and earning is not everything. It is only very very small part of life. Forget about it and live today's life with what you have. Worry about things which you can control. All other things will follow you automatically. Having kids is in your hand and you have to have this sooner or later. Always, sooner the better and you can use this retrogression as an opportunity to execute those projects instead of worrying over it. GOOD LUCK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager_immi
Listen, everyone is frustrated but to take your lives for a GC is crazy. If you guys are so depressed please seek medical help. If you have kids they will be US citizens they can sponsor you 18 years later so why are you that frustrated. When your wife is on H4 that is the best time to have kids because she is at home and you don't have to pay daycare. It is the woman in H1B that my sympathies are with bc they cannot go part-time or get more that 6 week maternity leave. So please buckle up or seek help, I don’t think your logic makes sense.
(me and my spouse below)
485 - Filed on July 2,2007
485 - ND - Aug 08,2007
FP - Sep 06.
EAD - Oct 1st

Contributing 10 or 20 is always a pain when you have the option of getting it free.

Pledge: I am contributing monthly $25 to IV

Last edited by GCBy3000; 04-06-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

Very well said GCBy3000.
I have one question, did you have any trouble while getting mortgage approval? Do you think in the changed scenario in US housing market, people like us will have problems in getting approval b'cos of our residency status and recently tightened regulations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBy3000
Well said eager_immi. Getting GC and getting job and earning is not the only thing in life. I have seen many many couple who are gc holders and citizens, giving up their career to bring up the kids for the first few years. This segment includes US citizens ( US Origin) too. Most the of the americans here have their spouse at home to take care of their kids first few years. It is not worth anybody's time and money to have a kid and put them in daycare from day one and go out and earn and pay half of it to daycare.

Enough of above, even my wife is CPA and we are married for 5 years now. She came to US dreaming about working in professional CPA firm. But my ignorance about GC process then cost her her career. She was depressed initially. I am an easy go guy and convinced her not to worry much about job. We planned and now we have 3+ year girl and a 3 weeks+ boy. Her mind is all set towards taking care of our kids and I am free from those job hunting depressions. Once both of our kids reaches 5+, she may again start to think about career. May be by then, by Gods grace, I hope to have my GC. I bought a house this year and we all live happily knowing all the uncertanites of H1. We knew it is risk to buy a house. But ultimately what is going to happen. Is anyone going to behead you in case you default or loose job? What the heck, file bankruptcy and go back to home country. At least the days we live here, we live in peace and enjoy. If you have this mindset, you will think clearly and will take positive decisions. Otherwise, everyday is hell in US for immigrants with the current GC process.

Getting GC and earning is not everything. It is only very very small part of life. Forget about it and live today's life with what you have. Worry about things which you can control. All other things will follow you automatically. Having kids is in your hand and you have to have this sooner or later. Always, sooner the better and you can use this retrogression as an opportunity to execute those projects instead of worrying over it. GOOD LUCK.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhuri
Very well said GCBy3000.
I have one question, did you have any trouble while getting mortgage approval? Do you think in the changed scenario in US housing market, people like us will have problems in getting approval b'cos of our residency status and recently tightened regulations?
I know many people who bought home while on H1B, including me. I did tell the Bank/Credit Union, I'm on H1B and my application for GC is under process and all they requested is to provide a letter from my employer about my employment, my h1b papers, etc and I'd no problem in getting a Mortgage Loan. This was a year back.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default yes true.

yes that is true. I did not had any problem with mortgage. Atleast as of today, it is illegal to deny mortgage based on immigration status. If you have any idea of buying a house, it is better to do it before any law changes if at all there is one in the pipeline as you(madhuri) suspect.

It is all how you see your life. Just concentrate your energies on positive stuff you have. This will bring you more energy and most importantly, it will bring more for those who sorrounds you like your family. Peace in family is very important to pursue anything in life and especially career and that too as an immigrant in US without GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check
I know many people who bought home while on H1B, including me. I did tell the Bank/Credit Union, I'm on H1B and my application for GC is under process and all they requested is to provide a letter from my employer about my employment, my h1b papers, etc and I'd no problem in getting a Mortgage Loan. This was a year back.
(me and my spouse below)
485 - Filed on July 2,2007
485 - ND - Aug 08,2007
FP - Sep 06.
EAD - Oct 1st

Contributing 10 or 20 is always a pain when you have the option of getting it free.

Pledge: I am contributing monthly $25 to IV

Old 04-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DianaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yes that is true. I did not had any problem with mortgage. Atleast as of today, it is illegal to deny mortgage based on immigration status. If you have any idea of buying a house, it is better to do it before any law changes if at all there is one in the pipeline as you(madhuri) suspect.

It is all how you see your life. Just concentrate your energies on positive stuff you have. This will bring you more energy and most importantly, it will bring more for those who sorrounds you like your family. Peace in family is very important to pursue anything in life and especially career and that too as an immigrant in US without GC.
I bought my house more than 2 years ago and refinanced 2 times. There is no problem in getting a mortgage. Make sure you tell them that you are on H1 and you should have a very good credit rating.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

If you are depressed, consider volunteering your time for immigrationvoice. Your frustration with the system can be a useful motivation in changing this system.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default STRIVE and u will win ..........

STRIVE and u will win ..........

Or at least you will have ur SKILLs ......

Khan
------
Something worst always happen when much good is about to happen .........

Old 05-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
theOne is infamous around these parts theOne is infamous around these parts theOne is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbygirl99

Are you sure you can open a business on H1B ?

Thank you,
theOne

--------------------
Donated ~$300 via paypal

Old 05-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Well said eager_immi. Getting GC and getting job and earning is not the only thing in life.
maybe not. but does prevent the things that life is worth living for.

imho coming to the US was the worst mistake of my life. it took me about 5 years to see through the lies that the system, the employers and other desis propogate regarding h1 and prospects in US.

you can't get fair treatment as long as you are on h1. that is why the others will not let you get out of h1.

you can't handle the truth.
you can't even handle the lies.
=====================

Old 05-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC08 will become famous soon enough
Default To some extent

I have to say, no matter how reluctant I am, that I am pretty depressed about the whole green card thing. I have always tried to have a positive attitude and I definitely know that there are a lot of things much more important than green cards. However, I do feel the emotional toll of green card retrogression. Maybe admitting, instead of denying, of the frustration, depression, and even anger is better and may help face it up.

Closed Thread