Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
peacocklover is infamous around these parts peacocklover is infamous around these parts peacocklover is infamous around these parts peacocklover is infamous around these parts peacocklover is infamous around these parts peacocklover is infamous around these parts peacocklover is infamous around these parts
Default USCIS should allow to file for 485 who waited for someperiod after their 140 approval

Important thing that needs to be changed from USCIS side is for EB GC applicants who get their 140 approval and waiting to file 485 from certain time period like two yrs or more USCIS should allow them to file for 485 irrespective of the current rule 'PD has to be current to file for AOS'.
Otherwise it's a clear loop whole in the EB process..People can't wait that much long to file for AOS for changing business trends or in this economic downturn (which force them to change of job).. USCIS does not loose anything in that case and can make more money if the applicant resumes the process with different employer. Biggest mistake was made by USCIS in July 07 by allowing everybody to file for 485 with out caring people who were sincerely waiting in the line and who were waiting for PERM approvals in full time positions unlike most of Desi consulting based GC applicants ( who used substituted labor by paying 1000s of dollars to their body shopping based companies who misuses the system always) . DOL and USCIS should examine and punish each applicant of substituted labor (who got their GC in 2 to 3 yrs time period through desi body shopping companies).

Sufferers of the existing system are EB2-I,EB2-C, EB3-C and EB3-I GC folks (Indian and chinese applicants). Existing system neglects EB3 folks.. it's gonna take 10yrs for them to wait and apply for 485 as per Today's date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpandey View Post
You are wrong. There have been lot of changes. Two year EAD for one. And how about EB2 category moving to mid 2006 so most of the EB2 people before that have got GC or will surely get it next year. The only thing that hasn;'t changed is EB3 India. It was stuck in 2001 at that time and still is in 2001. It will crawl to 2002 in the coming year but that's that.
Bookmark and Share Compare

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2011
Compare
indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdial View Post
I read this as a status message of a CEO sometime back on linkedin:

An egg, when broken from inside, brings in new life but if broken from outside, kills it.

Please, don't let the immigration process break you. Join IV (and us) and fight it...until we break it for a better change.
Good quote, well said...

Old 09-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

It is frustrating to see that there is a campaign going on to allow for 485 filing even when pd is current and another thread running that says another fiasco would be bad .... everybody talks/writes/feels only as "what benefits them is good, everything else is not worthwhile or bad"

Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone still depressed?

Then come to lobby day in April or contribute money for it.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling depressed does not help you, your family, your employer or your gc process.

Get up and register for the advocacy event!

Do something positive about your GC process instead of sitting and saying that it will be years before you get the GC.

What you do about your GC is in your hands. You can support, and actively seek to mitigate your GC problems.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts

@india_usa
100% correct. I guess its human. If you did not file for 485 in Jul 07, people want to file when PD is not current. For people who filed and are waiting, want the backlog cleared. People who have GC are "worried" about getting citizenship . People who just came in, are worried about they PERM/140 approvals.

@peacocklover

GC is all about luck. They should cancel the entire GC process and make it a "lottery" as that is what it is.

I think the substituters were the smart ones (though a few of them were burned during the process). I guess, people like you and I choose to follow the safe route.

your PD says its 2006. I know people with PD in 2004 or 2005 and their Labor/PERM applicaiton was not approved before the July 07 floodgate. They are still waiting and I do feel sorry for them.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=nmdial;1984351]
An egg, when broken from inside, brings in new life but if broken from outside, kills it.
[quote]

It has 1001 meanings within it!

Thanks for sharing...

Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gc

I am also frustated with GC process. It is literally controlling my life...
I don't want to go India because not sure whether I would get Visa or not. I don't want to join some prime vendor company because not sure whether they would start GC process immediately or not, and vendor could terminate the job immediately after contract expiration or any other issue. As everyone knows that desi employers are blood suckers and on top of it H1B extensions are very tough to get with them. I was almost on edge of leaving the country on my last extension.

With desi employer, It looks to me that my career goal is only GC. I don't know when I get that and I am sure that my goals will be none after getting GC because I would be exhausted by then....

Old 02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2004
Compare
b_boy is a glorious beacon of light b_boy is a glorious beacon of light b_boy is a glorious beacon of light b_boy is a glorious beacon of light b_boy is a glorious beacon of light
Default I dont know what frustration means

well, really I dont have words to express what frustration means, so be it. my PD is Nov 2003 (original Labor) and filed 485 in June 2004 and have 7 EAD cards thus far.

Started to work on EAD since 2005.

This is my 11th year in this country, never tried to do labor substitution always was and is a legal and law abiding since I came to this country on H1, despite changing jobs been as a developer since then - till now.

This GC process got me grey very soon, unsure if I become bald. This is the state of legal immigration in this country, God bless.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about

On the lighter note, this may not applicable to humans and mammals, egg broken from outside (but this happens inside the body) still brings in new life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdial View Post
I read this as a status message of a CEO sometime back on linkedin:

Please, don't let the immigration process break you. Join IV (and us) and fight it...until we break it for a better change.

I am not an attorney. Use it at your own risk.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Take part in something positive and help IV help you. Join the advocacy efforts - Register
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_boy View Post
well, really I dont have words to express what frustration means, so be it. my PD is Nov 2003 (original Labor) and filed 485 in June 2004 and have 7 EAD cards thus far.

Started to work on EAD since 2005.

This is my 11th year in this country, never tried to do labor substitution always was and is a legal and law abiding since I came to this country on H1, despite changing jobs been as a developer since then - till now.

This GC process got me grey very soon, unsure if I become bald. This is the state of legal immigration in this country, God bless.
7 EAD's wow . I am on my third now. Waiting from 2004 does get frustating. Now after hearing yoru situation i will not grumble about my situation.
Hang in there ....

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by India_USA View Post
It is frustrating to see that there is a campaign going on to allow for 485 filing even when pd is current and another thread running that says another fiasco would be bad .... everybody talks/writes/feels only as "what benefits them is good, everything else is not worthwhile or bad"
True the chance of another July 2007 happening is very dim as USCIS has learnt their lesson. Also they have a better estimation of the pending count.
I myself have EAD and i support 485 filing without priority date getting current. Even though in the final GC scheme of things that puts a whole bunch of more peope ahead of me, I still support it. At least an EAD lets you chnage a job after 180 days albeit in the same job specification.
Maybe IV Core has some idea about that (485 filing without PD current) and how it will pan out. Talk to them

Last edited by PlainSpeak; 02-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy45ianni View Post
To allot a GC or Immigration is a leanthy process includes several steps so it takes time to pass through all these steps. After validating and checking all the documents the GC is alloted
so the process takes time.
So naive!

Closed Thread