Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
small2006 has a spectacular aura about small2006 has a spectacular aura about
Default LC Case Closure Notice by mistake

My wife's LC has a PD of Jun 2004 and a couple of months ago she received a Case Closure Notice from Dallas BEC saying that her case was closed because they did not receive any response on the 45-day letter. Both the attny and the employer assured her that it was a mistake and have filed for reinstatement and we still haven't heard anything about it. In the meantime, her H1 is expiring in Aug 2006 and the BEC is not even responding with a screenshot. The attny says that getting a screenshot and the reinstatement are tied together and unless the case gets reinstated, she won't get a screenshot. He also says that its taking 3-4 months for reinstatement now. I also read in other forums that there are many people in the same boat and I was wondering if anybody has similar experiences and/or thoughts about this?

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajbgp2002 is on a distinguished road

I am in the same boat for last 8 months. My h1b has already expired.
After a couple of screen shot request DBPC did respond with screen shot but status was showing nothing. In any case I filed H1B extension based on receipt received from State Workforce Agency when I filed my labor certification.

There is a thread here where many people have shared their story.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/arc.../t-200386.html

Some outcome are successful. So far I have found my case ( 8 months and waiting ) to be the longest one pening.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
small2006 has a spectacular aura about small2006 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the response.

Did you get your extension approved or are you still waiting to hear back?
The only proof about LC that I have now is a letter to the attny from the DOL dated Jan 2005 stating that my wife's case has been transferred to Dallas BEC and other than that its just the case closure notice. I doubt if either of these
can be used for an extension.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajbgp2002 is on a distinguished road

No my extesion is not yet approved.
I want it to get delayed as long as possible or till my case is reinstated, so that there is no trouble with case closure.

You still have some time so it might be a good idea to keep sending the request for Screenshot request. I my case it took 3 attempts to get response about screen shot.

I got a letter from Nebraska SWA about receipt of document when my labor certification was submitted and when the case was transferred to Chicago Regional. I filed based on those documents and Screen Shot.

I am offcourse very very afraid that something may go wrong with h1b extension and I will be out of status or at the least the case will get more and more complicated.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
file485 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajbgp2002
No my extesion is not yet approved.
I want it to get delayed as long as possible or till my case is reinstated, so that there is no trouble with case closure.

You still have some time so it might be a good idea to keep sending the request for Screenshot request. I my case it took 3 attempts to get response about screen shot.

I got a letter from Nebraska SWA about receipt of document when my labor certification was submitted and when the case was transferred to Chicago Regional. I filed based on those documents and Screen Shot.

I am offcourse very very afraid that something may go wrong with h1b extension and I will be out of status or at the least the case will get more and more complicated.
dont worry, u will not have a problem. I filed my h1 extn for 8th yr based on NYDOL letter my attorney has asked for 7th yr extnsion. I dint do it with the Screenshot from the BEC. I too had many sleepless nights over this.