Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Malaysia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold

Eligible to file in June but my previous lawyer sucked me to respond to RFE and I transfered my file to the new lawyer. Now what....July is NO MORE.

since my company does not want to bet on GC drama. I almost spent 10k so far.

Now what. "Earn here and spend here methodology works here !!!". But still i do not want to give up watching this GC drama. I would like to see the ending one day.

Just now, CIR episode got ended for next 2 year or so. i485 episode started now. Looks very interesting to pay and see this all crap and high level drama.

Last edited by dreamworld; 06-30-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221
Buddy ,

You forgot the free injection that you , your wife and possibly had to take . Now you are vaccinated for 1 year . You will have to take another set hopefully next year . Get one thing straight . It is not worth staying in this country anymore . They do not want us here and I do not want to stay here . I will go once my H1b maxes out . If my employer ( a Big 3 consulting ) wants me here after that , they will file another H1b . I am not falling into this Green card trap although they are so eager to file my Green card.( not a dollar charged ) . So go back home and enjoy the booming Indian economy and astronomical salaries in the Indian economy and live your head held high . Let these guys F***K themselves . The beginning of the end of the US has started .What is really worth is your US experience not the Green Card .
agree with the sentiment, but your or my going back is not going to make an ounce of a difference to the US. There are TONS of Indians ready to come over and do whatever we stop doing. Look at the way the H1 cap was hit in a day. Whatever is happening with hte Indian economy, there is still a big appeal in moving over to the US

Old 06-30-2007, 03:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamworld
In case you didn't realize - forum rules mandate the use of English language only

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 06-30-2007, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_chahiye
agree with the sentiment, but your or my going back is not going to make an ounce of a difference to the US. There are TONS of Indians ready to come over and do whatever we stop doing. Look at the way the H1 cap was hit in a day. Whatever is happening with hte Indian economy, there is still a big appeal in moving over to the US
Yes, this is a two way street. I know of folks in India who are desperate to come here on H1B one way or the other. The dollar has to tank for this to become one way street, which is not good for any one.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

i dont agree with you Lets say the revised bulletin either retrogresses or even unavail [ god forbid ] it doesnt mean people who applied in June or earlier becomes invalid right and also the same way if they revise dates in the middle of the that month. They cant go back and say . I feel and i enquired with my lawyer though he said the same thing. But what he expressed concern is they will mention a date in the bulletin for applicability and feasibility. In his tone what wanted to restrict is the fresh wave of i140 and 485's coming after dates becoming current.

But anyways , its all in destiny that would decide may be whole might turn up into farse , or what ever . Lets see but It shouldnt stop ppl from what they are doing and i still i feel they should try to complete and sent it and many attorneys feel and think the same that if they change say on 3rd ( which is most bet) it applies for all post dated after 3rd. Lets hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdakwala
Even if you work whole night to make sure that USCIS gets the application on 2nd July it is not going to make any difference.

If the VB that comes out on 3RD OR 4TH OR EVEN 5TH shows that the visa dates are retrogresses, USCIS will sent the applications back saying "WITH BEST COMPLEMENTS FROM USCIS"

Old 06-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RaviG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor
Yes, this is a two way street. I know of folks in India who are desperate to come here on H1B one way or the other. The dollar has to tank for this to become one way street, which is not good for any one.
Quality of the people will decrease but people will keep coming. I know some engineers who work for less than 10K rupees. It takes a long time to become one way street.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
murali77 can only hope to improve
Default June bloom to June gloom ..the emotional sojounrn

USCIS/USDOS is playing with our lives, it looks like they have too much control over our lives and lifestyles.

Consider these cases

i) A couple planning for kids , Jun 13th they decide to postpone having kids and apply for GC first and get all crazy vaccinations( i.e. no planning for kids for 6 mnths). JUn 29th ...they are out of GC and planning of kids is postponed by 6 mnths for NO REASON.

ii) a family which is in India for some important occasion rush bak to US after hearing abt July VB and after coming here .....they find they came bak for NO REASON

Apart from these , so many people were dreaming of a sweet release from their present desi company after EAD , all dreams doomed. Money wasted on getting families bak from India, money spent for paying for medical, money spent for the time out of office for Medicals, money spent by our parents in getting Birth/Marriage Certificates/Affifdavits and so many other miscellaneaous expenses. ..... so much money wasted for NO REASON.

in my 31 years of life this is the most expensive April's fool i have experienced and that too in June.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviG
Quality of the people will decrease but people will keep coming. I know some engineers who work for less than 10K rupees. It takes a long time to become one way street.
I doubt if quality of people will decrease. There are a lot of very smart engineers in India, everything from fresh grads to 5-7 years of experience. I have interviewed some people for our India office and some short term projects here, and it was quite easy to find people with relevant knowledge and experience. the hard part was giving them an offer that kept them interested: the job market is very hot in india (atleast in Bangalore).

Earlier (1995-1999) companies in the US used to send maintenance/sustenance type projects to India and the skills of people developed accordingly. Recently more and more companies are moving complete projects. In my case (a big vendor of networking equipment) new product lines are being run out of India now.

One of the biggest recent security related issue (thats bit of my area, so I track it) was a paper by two indians which essentially breaks the next-gen security model for devices/networks (Trusted Platform Module). The surprising part is that these two are 22 and 23 years old graduates from India. So quality wise, we do have top-notch people there...
http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...black-hat.html
http://www.nvlabs.in/?q=node/28

Last edited by gc_chahiye; 06-30-2007 at 05:35 AM.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

This is outrageous. If it is true next week, and Visa dates are pushed back or made unavailable we will not sit quietly. At this time we request members to stay calm and not increase their blood pressure. lets wait and see the visa bulletin and until then do not ruin your weekend speculating.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin
In case you didn't realize - forum rules mandate the use of English language only
Please only post in english. If you find a non english post please let moderators know. we wil delete it. Also no curse words in the posts.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevil
On a lighter note, Atleast now I dont have to worry about getting Measles, Mumps, Ruebella, Chicken Pox. And not have to worry about whether I have TB.
So Health is Wealth
Good one

PD - May 2004

Old 06-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
lj_rr can only hope to improve
Default This is exactly me.

This is exactly me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali77
USCIS/USDOS is playing with our lives, it looks like they have too much control over our lives and lifestyles.

Consider these cases

i) A couple planning for kids , Jun 13th they decide to postpone having kids and apply for GC first and get all crazy vaccinations( i.e. no planning for kids for 6 mnths). JUn 29th ...they are out of GC and planning of kids is postponed by 6 mnths for NO REASON.

ii) a family which is in India for some important occasion rush bak to US after hearing abt July VB and after coming here .....they find they came bak for NO REASON

Apart from these , so many people were dreaming of a sweet release from their present desi company after EAD , all dreams doomed. Money wasted on getting families bak from India, money spent for paying for medical, money spent for the time out of office for Medicals, money spent by our parents in getting Birth/Marriage Certificates/Affifdavits and so many other miscellaneaous expenses. ..... so much money wasted for NO REASON.

in my 31 years of life this is the most expensive April's fool i have experienced and that too in June.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
subba will become famous soon enough subba will become famous soon enough
Default I turned down an exciting job offer

One company wanted to hire me and I was excited about getting out of my current boring job. Then the July bulletin came and I rejected the offer
and postponed my job search by 6 months.
Now I wonder if that company would entertain even talking to me again.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
mrsr will become famous soon enough

What happend to other workers in june? they accepted till 5 th june and then
stopped accepting the files, still the visa bulletin shows as 01OCT01.

I am confused, any body any idea

Old 06-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
subba will become famous soon enough subba will become famous soon enough
Default And doctors too

Don't forget all the money the doctors made in the last 2 weeks (also fedex, kinkos, CVS etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakp
In the whole fiasco, only lawyers will win.
They will get their fees now and later.
they will get fees to fight the cases and make a big show.

Only we will be messed up. we are the losers in this whole game.