Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by subba
Don't forget all the money the doctors made in the last 2 weeks (also fedex, kinkos, CVS etc)

Thats true. Why do we have to blame/worry about the money these businesses made.? The doctor I went to was pretty pissed with sending hordes of people to their offices all of a sudden. Every one involved in the chain did what they had to except for DOS & USCIS.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
hemanth22 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

medical report - $540 ( self and spouse )
salary lost - 6 hrs for vaccination
4 hrs for lawyer appointment
4 hrs for medical report ( 14 * 70 = 980 )

mental agony and disappointment - PRICELESS

I mean PRICELESS , paricularly for us INDIANS and CHINEESE , its not worth it to come here in EB based visas and work here in a productive manner.
If they are inclined to give EB petitions in a unlimited basis for ROW then so be it
All of us have to remember that our country is not the same as when we let it long time back ( I came here in 1997 as a student )
Its booming and will continue to so

So i think we must have the following action plan for the next 3 years

1) Buy property in india in a place where we want to live in and work
2) Make youuself very valuable in the technical field that you have chosen
( By collecting as many professional certifications as possible )
3) Build a family , have kids , they are so precious , its simply not worth it to postpone having them for the sake of progresss in a green card
4) Study , study study as much as you can
Get an MBA from a good university , the reason is that the degree is valuable in India
5) Move back in the next 3 years , we have to remember the sacrifices that our parents have put in raising us , Just remember that the STUPID system that troubled us so much for the card , How will it handle the cases of our parents when we submit them in the future
6) Raise your kids in India
This country needs young people and more so children to be able to participate in the economy becase the population is getting old and the current american generation is not qualified enough to replace the retiring poplulation
so take the most valuable assets that you have here , YOURSELF and your CHILDREN back to our home country

hemanth

Old 06-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
gimme Green!! is on a distinguished road
Default True!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth22

I mean PRICELESS , paricularly for us INDIANS and CHINEESE , its not worth it to come here in EB based visas and work here in a productive manner.
If they are inclined to give EB petitions in a unlimited basis for ROW then so be it
All of us have to remember that our country is not the same as when we let it long time back ( I came here in 1997 as a student )

3) Build a family , have kids , they are so precious , its simply not worth it to postpone having them for the sake of progresss in a green card
Get an MBA from a good university , the reason is that the degree is valuable in India
5) Move back in the next 3 years , we have to remember the sacrifices that our parents have put in raising us , Just remember that the STUPID system that troubled us so much for the card , How will it handle the cases of our parents when we submit them in the future
This country needs young people and more so children to be able to participate in the economy becase the population is getting old and the current american generation is not qualified enough to replace the retiring poplulation
so take the most valuable assets that you have here , YOURSELF and your CHILDREN back to our home country

hemanth
Can't agree with you more!!

Old 06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

I agree fully but one very important thing we have to do is build awareness in India using media / movie etc how america sucks people who want to do good work. Even if one year / semester number of students dwindles in US Schools they will realize what mistake they have done. Above all it is in interest of students in India not to waste youth time in USA only to be recycled at end of 6 years with no real estate, no proper family. What a fool we have been made, that also after being from prime educational institutions. We must educate masses in India how unwelcoming america is now. Be they legal / illegal anyone they just want recyclable slaves. Instead of Pardes which highlighted america and blinded us all new movie should be made which shows struggle of indian student untill he returns to india as loser and finally realizes his mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth22

hemanth

Old 06-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
hemanth22 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down july retrogression

yes, that is true, may be we should start a blog if such a blog does not exist
and indicate in the blog all the things that we go thru

1) F1 visa application
2) OPT process
3) H1-B process
4) LC process
5) I-140 /I-485
6) name checks
7) security checks
8) fingerprints
9) Country quotas in 485 stage
10 ) EAD stage and then AP stage
11) treatment as a criminal / terrorist stage , at the same time milking money for varius fees / taxes
12) desi employer stage

etc etc

the stupidify that goes on each stage and how each of us can get effected
I think if the entire process is explained to our students ( parents ) , they might re-consider coming here.