Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > Backlog Processing Center
Click to log in with Facebook
Backlog Processing Center Labor processing for those who applied before Mar 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Albania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
gman is on a distinguished road
Default EB3 backlog

This has probably been asked before theoretically speaking assuming that the new CIR becomes law as it seems it's headed that way, how long would it take to reduce the EB3 backlog for other countries? Seems like the EB3 visa number has been increased to 450K, and family members and dependents (spouse, children) dont count toward the cap. Does it mean it will likely clear the backlog right away or within a year?

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dixie will become famous soon enough

we have mentioned before that on average, this bill will at least an year and half to become law assuming all our provisions survive the conference and the house (thats a big IF) . After that, USCIS has to figure out policies and regulations to implement those laws. And yeah, there is the possibility of them being swamped with illegal alien amnesty apps.So short answer is no, dont expect relief immediately. But at least you wouldnt be as hopeless as it is now.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2007
Chargeability
:
Kenya
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
jkays94 is on a distinguished road

Please see the Bingaman ammendment scheduled for tomorrow, it seems to reverse the intent of the bill to provide retrogression relief by raising the cap to 650k but then also saying that the number of visas of EB applicants, spouses and children should not exceed 650k. What is likely to happen (and I could very well be wrong) is that there will be large number of unused EB visas under the cap left unused each year. Again I may have re-read the ammendment wrongly and misunderstood it, but this ammendments seems like a recipe for guaranteed retrogression.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
msp1976 will become famous soon enough

It is possible that this bill would not have any impact on the retrogression on EB2/EB3 India/China at all....The hard country caps would make that happen...

Old 06-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
svdcpa is on a distinguished road

and please consider also the publication of implenting rules and regulations ...

Any news with the Dallas Backlog Processing Center?

Old 06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cessua is on a distinguished road
Default EB3 rest of the world

My priority date is April 2004 and i am a 'rest of the world' EB3. Does anyone have an estimate if this bill would help in anyway for rest of the world EB3? your comments seem to be pretty pessimistic.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-00
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cool_error is on a distinguished road
Default EB3 ---Sep03

Friends:- I have filed I-140 and I-1485 in Sep, 2003 together and got approval of my I-140 in Feb-06 and then got a request for Biometerics for the whole family, initially my I-140 was pending due to Name Check as per inq made to USCIS and now my I-485 is pending due to the same reason. When they have conducted a "Name Check" do they conduct with every application then what is the use of applying concurrent applications. Did send email to fbi name check(but will of no use as earlier)...Which countries are in retrogassion !!!....Further I have a sick father back home, is that anyway can request USCIS to expidite the process on "Humantarian grounds), I do have had AP but do not like to travel on the same as it could be too risky.....Please help ...advise...guess.....

Old 06-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hmehta is on a distinguished road

First of all, the bill is NOT headed towards becoming a law, it is stalled in the House as of now with very less chance of passing through, so we can stop discussing all this until something really kicks off in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman
This has probably been asked before theoretically speaking assuming that the new CIR becomes law as it seems it's headed that way, how long would it take to reduce the EB3 backlog for other countries? Seems like the EB3 visa number has been increased to 450K, and family members and dependents (spouse, children) dont count toward the cap. Does it mean it will likely clear the backlog right away or within a year?

Thanks,