Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keyboard2pc is on a distinguished road
Question 7th Year H1B PERM Pending. Can I change employer?

Hi

I completed my 6th year H1B in April 2010 and am currently on a 7th year extension based on a pending PERM application with my current employer.

I am currently considering taking an offer from a new employer who is willing to process my H1b transfer and my question is:

1) Is it possible to transfer a 7th year extension to a new employer given that PERM will still be pending?

2) If yes, will I need to give them any evidence regarding the pending PERM as I don't have any document on it except the receipt number from DOL.

3) My current H1b expiration date is in April 2011. If the new employer files for an H1b transfer in July 2010, will I get the same H1b expiration date or a new one (i.e. July 2011)?
This is important in my case because my wife who is currently a LPR will be eligible to become a US Citizen in June 2011 and I will likely not need to go through the PERM process.

Any advice on the above will help a lot.

Thank you!!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboard2pc View Post
Hi

I completed my 6th year H1B in April 2010 and am currently on a 7th year extension based on a pending PERM application with my current employer.

I am currently considering taking an offer from a new employer who is willing to process my H1b transfer and my question is:

1) Is it possible to transfer a 7th year extension to a new employer given that PERM will still be pending?

2) If yes, will I need to give them any evidence regarding the pending PERM as I don't have any document on it except the receipt number from DOL.

3) My current H1b expiration date is in April 2011. If the new employer files for an H1b transfer in July 2010, will I get the same H1b expiration date or a new one (i.e. July 2011)?
This is important in my case because my wife who is currently a LPR will be eligible to become a US Citizen in June 2011 and I will likely not need to go through the PERM process.

Any advice on the above will help a lot.

Thank you!!!!!

Well you can join the new employer and they can apply for H1B Transfer. After April 2011 you can get extension or even F1 visa is useful for 1 year. After 1 year u can again come back to H1B status.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote