Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_t View Post
Oh! This is just an lame excuse by the company. It seems to me that VP just doesn't want any H1 guy in their company. May be Now after all the work is done they Now realised and wanted to show "How much they care about America."

UMA , did they give it in writing or something that they will apply for GC?
Also not all the fortune companies do the same thing. So don't just apply to a consulting company .
One banking company started doing this. They told all the H1s that they are not going to file green card except who already in process.
The problem with big comanies, they take 3 months - 9 months probation overall it takes one year to file. Consulting companies file immediately and response to any queries with care.

Total contributions $120
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
jelo is just really nice jelo is just really nice jelo is just really nice jelo is just really nice

Sorry for what you are having and clearly you do not have any control over the situation. Forget about it and search for a new job. If you have a job in hand then you will be in a good position to select a consulting company. Don't think all the consulting companies are same and GC is only one aspect of looking. Again take time and enquire alot before joining any consulting company for the peaceful future. Goodluk with everything

Old 07-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma001 View Post
One banking company started doing this. They told all the H1s that they are not going to file green card except who already in process.
The problem with big comanies, they take 3 months - 9 months probation overall it takes one year to file. Consulting companies file immediately and response to any queries with care.
Do not get into conclusions quickly. A lot of things are going on and things are not easy. It is a fact that there is a lot of unemployment but then getting skilled workers is also a challenge.

Your same company might be going out of the way to sponsor a green card to another employee but might be giving you a hard time because of political reasons. (maybe they plan to outsource your job or even downsize further and as you are performing well, they cannot lay you off citing that reason)

It is your life and you have to make decisions.

Here are some things that you can try before you change employer or look for other opportunities.

(1) Control your emotions
(2) Talk it out to your management - manager, VP, etc.. HR is not a decision maker, HR ONLY listens to the management. If your VP decides your green card can be processed, HR will have to process it.
(3) Convince them. Try to have a healthy conversation or a healthy exchange. Do not talk about hardships or get emotional or say you are indispensible. Just tell them, that you would like to get your Green Card sponsored.

If the above turns out negative, you must try for other options.

As such, things are not getting better as we all see. More and more cost cutting ad outsoucing happening everywhere.

I strongly advice you not to get stressed over it. Look at all options. You may qualify for EB1 C, who knows? You can change to a company who can sponsor for your green card.

Be very careful with HR personnel. They are crooks. Do not believe any word they say and do not try to have casual conversation with them. They are most dangerous and always trying to score brownie points with management. In fact they advice company on immigration policies and sometimes wrongly guide managers for their benefit.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Be very careful with HR personnel. They are crooks. Do not believe any word they say and do not try to have casual conversation with them. They are most dangerous and always trying to score brownie points with management. In fact they advice company on immigration policies and sometimes wrongly guide managers for their benefit.
Excellent point.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2012
Compare
praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of
Default other options

hi Uma, I don't know your background but you have very few options at this time. I was in your shoes late last year but my GM stepped in and HR had to agree. my job description was a little specific to the job and they filed my Perm Jan 28th.

(a) you can go back to the VP and try changing the job description (looks like you tried this avenue with no progress)
(b) try finding a similar job with a competitor. even an interview with them will turn some heads and grease some wheels (personal exp
(c) try EB2-NIW. this has better chances than EB1-EA/C. no PERM required but need some recommendation letters.

i know its easy to say "keep your cool" but try to stay calm and try to market your skills outside. good luck.

Quote:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
GC_Applicant is a jewel in the rough GC_Applicant is a jewel in the rough GC_Applicant is a jewel in the rough
Default I learnt it the hard way.

I wasted six years to learn that. Infact, the HR guys are more skilled in befriending and talking.They know our vulnerability and exploit it. I couldn't agree more on what Chandu had mentioned about HR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
Excellent point.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of dreamgc_real has much to be proud of

is it possible for you to get your boss to pressurize the HR? If you are valuable to your boss, insist that he comes through for you...
I realize that is easily said than done! but give it a try!

Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up May be this'll inspire you to turn around

The Bear - Film by Jean-Jacques Annaud

Old 07-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgc_real View Post
is it possible for you to get your boss to pressurize the HR? If you are valuable to your boss, insist that he comes through for you...
I realize that is easily said than done! but give it a try!
My boss is dummy. Everything is VP. He manages three PMs, one Director , two AVPs.

Total contributions $120

Old 08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts
Question

Quote:
Your question is understandable.
You’re correct that XXX’s PERM application was approved. This is, indeed, good news. However, it does not mean that labor is no longer an issue or that responding to queries is easy. Let me see if I can clarify this for you.
We initiated the recruiting process for XXX in early 2008. At that time, we were not able to identify any qualified US workers during the recruiting phase. We were able to go to the next step in the process (submit his PERM application) because we were able to state that no other qualified US workers were available to fill the position. His PERM application was filed in July/08 and wasn’t approved until this month – 2 years later.
As you know, we had every intention of submitting a PERM application on your behalf as well. Unfortunately, when we went through the recruiting process, we were able to identify US workers who met the minimum qualifications for the position and were available to work. Therefore, we could not proceed to the next step because we were not able to state that no other qualified US workers were available to fill the position. If we find qualified US workers during the recruiting phase, we cannot continue with the PERM application because it will be denied.
The challenge that faces this company with regard to sponsoring green cards remains the same. Given the labor market conditions (more workers available and looking for work) there is a high probability that we will find US workers during the recruiting phase who meet the minimum qualifications and are available to work. That means we can’t submit the PERM application because it will be denied. Or, to put it another way, it is unlikely that we’ll be successful in the recruiting phase. Therefore, the company’s position remains the same – we will not sponsor green card applications at this time.
I am sorry about the potential challenges and frustrations this creates for you. Please contact me if you have additional questions.

People are sponsored for H1B when their profession is "speciality occupation".US Citizens are eligible to live the luxurious life of unemployment on social security benefits which a H1B cannot afford.I know many US Citizens who are living in castle and call themselves jobless.You will always find them looking for job. Not all US Citizens are good in IT/Technology. Most of the IT/Technology work is handled by people from South Asia or China. How can a US Citizen just always looking for job may qualify for job skill set requirement ("speciality occupation")?