Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of
Default List of companies who promises to do green card but would not do it

Guys,

Hope this thread will be useful for somebody who is looking for american company for green card processing. They wont get into the trap. So I am giving out the information from the known source(friends).

Company1: Deloitte
Company2: Chase

These two companies promised doing green card cards,they filed h1s, but did not file green card.Whatever reason (bad economy) may be, they did not sponsor green cards for those they promised to do. So be careful. It is not gaurantee.
Also, you can list the companies you know whoever promised, but did not file.

Total contributions $120
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma001 View Post
Guys,

Hope this thread will be useful for somebody who is looking for american company for green card processing. They wont get into the trap. So I am giving out the information from the known source(friends).

These two companies promised doing green card cards,they filed h1s, but did not file green card.Whatever reason (bad economy) may be, they did not sponsor green cards for those they promised to do. So be careful. It is not gaurantee.
A sure invitation for defamation suit. Good luck.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light

Yea sure, be scared of corporatiions and defamation suits and let them enslave you. Sheeple mentality.

Add, the "now dead" Sun Microsystems to the list.
They even give you an offer letter/appointment letter which says "We will file for your greencard", and then dilly-dally about it for 4 years.

fuck em.
Take control of your own destiny.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute

Add Wachovia now acquired by Wells Fargo to the list. They don't even do H1 extensions.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk.aggarwal View Post
Add Wachovia now acquired by Wells Fargo to the list. They don't even do H1 extensions.
That's too bad.

Total contributions $120

Old 07-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
There is nothing wrong in what I have posted to invite defamation suit.We should be filing defamation suit against them for not filing green cards as promised.Whatever my friend said I posted here.

Total contributions $120

Old 07-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Mod/Admins,

please confirm whether we can post this type of information.This is to protect H1 guys from falling into trap from these companies

Total contributions $120

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
This is just info, OP is not defaming anyone. He might be wrong about the info, but this info is not causing any harm to those companies.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalIndianInUSA View Post
Yea sure, be scared of corporatiions and defamation suits and let them enslave you. Sheeple mentality.

Add, the "now dead" Sun Microsystems to the list.
They even give you an offer letter/appointment letter which says "We will file for your greencard", and then dilly-dally about it for 4 years.

fuck em.
Take control of your own destiny.
Did the companies ever give in written that our gc will be filed? and H1 extension will be applied? If yes you have a case at hand otherwise frustration

Old 07-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
Did the companies ever give in written that our gc will be filed? and H1 extension will be applied? If yes you have a case at hand otherwise frustration
The issue with not filing green card is ,even if it is written in offer letter..The lawyer can always come and say ' We tried our best to apply for your grene card. But we could not demonstrate that we could not find american citizens with minimum requirements.'
A promise is a promise whether verbal or written.
In this matter desi consultancies are far better.

Total contributions $120

Old 07-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The issue with not filing green card is ,even if it is written in offer letter..The lawyer can always come and say ' We tried our best to apply for your grene card. But we could not demonstrate that we could not find american citizens with minimum requirements.'
A promise is a promise whether verbal or written.
In this matter desi consultancies are far better.
I know you are not going to like my reply...but written is a written issue. Desi consultancies and body shops have thier own issue. Infact they exploited the system and candidates to the core.
Having things documented is the best way. If a company had to play fould it can do it anytime (even on verbal). I also learned the hard way. While writing we can still refere outside lawyers (of our choice)

Old 07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
wizkid732 has a spectacular aura about wizkid732 has a spectacular aura about wizkid732 has a spectacular aura about
Default Grrr Start a campaign

Why dont you start a campaign against these top notch companies that they are cheating H1Bs by not filing for Greencards? May be some senator who is bidding for a reelection in Nov will help you.

On a serious note think about what you are asking from the company. If your services to the company are so valuable and if the company cannot survive without you, they will go to any extent to keep you. Your java/.net/unix/sap skills were very valuable just a few years ago, right now the same candidates are available in Tons. For the couple of positions we have, i am seeing 20-30 resumes everyday. What makes you so qualified that the company needs to do a gc (remember it is an incentive, just like signon bonus and profit sharing and relocation)? I do not know if anyone really is putting this on the offer letter and be liable if they backtrack on this/

The names people are referring to are top companies. They are not obligated. So if they start the process and and they find people of your caliber they are obliged to hire them. Are you ready to forego your process at that stage? Also if they take a year for just filing are you ok with that? Basically what i am saying is that it is the employee/employer relationship.

People bitch about desi companies (I dont work for one) as to how they gouge employees. But the benefit is that they go above and beyond to keep you on payroll. Do that with an American company - as soon as your contract ends you are done and out of job and out of status (technically). I personally know some folks who are out of job since Nov 2009 and still somehow managing to be legal (or atleast they claim)

So bottom line is you cant have the cake and eat it too that is if you want to work for a top notch company with your meager skills and have the benefits of desi company.

You should have come a few years earlier when people took advantage of
  • Reduction in Recruitment
  • Labor substitution
  • Applying from states where the process took 3 months as opposed to 4 years
  • starting companies in ME, NH, VT etc
  • Oh by the way porting from EB3 to EB2 now

People always find loopholes in the processes for quicker processing.

Quote:
Guys,

Last edited by wizkid732; 07-29-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts

Filing H1 and GC(Perm) are 2 different problems. H1 is temporarily hiring a skilled resource whereas GC is the intent to sponser for permanent immigration. And hence PERM processing is more involved.

Big corporation, which have to maintain accurate HR job descriptions/codes etc find that during PERM advertisement, they do find qualified applicants. At that point they cannot continue the process. This "recruitment" process is the most costly of the entire GC process and if they "find/receive" applications from qualified citizens/GC holders/Or ppl who dont need sponsership (read EAD) then they have to stop that process....

So saying that we will do GC is fine..but the current ground realities are different. You can get GC done from Desi consultant bcos the skirt the whole issue and "make" up the job requirement they want..well (read hell) they will even run fake pay stubs for u...so they can do wonders.

EB3 India (PD Sep 2006).
I-140 approved. I-485 (....yep. Pending peding pending)

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

When they cannot do it, why promise?. Complete the pre-PERM process in 3-6 months and come to decision immediately.Dont drag it for 3-4 years and say 'oh, no we cant file green cards, we found candidates and they will hire H1s again, not american citizens. And they repeat the whole process again.Wasting 3-4 years on GC process is not a small thing. You need to start from scratch again.

If big companies do not have any intention of doing green cards then say it before hiring.

Total contributions $120

Old 07-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GeetaRam is on a distinguished road
Default Add few more companies to the list

Add CareFirst - Blue Cross Blue Shield
Legg Meson

All these companies take people on H1 and after an year of year an half they say they have changed policy and they can't file H1. They have big lawyers like M**** and R**** and those lawyers tell employers even if your employee is on 5th year and if you don't file GC (PERM) b4 365 days its alright.... we can send them out and re catpture time and all BS and ultimately employees suffer.... as they r in their 5th or some are in 6th year and are completely screwed up.
We should think of taking some legal actions...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.