Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nda050325 will become famous soon enough nda050325 will become famous soon enough
Default Can current employer use earlier employer's PERM, to request a 7th year extension

I was working with Company A last year and they filed for my PERM labor on 12/24/08, which is still pending.

I am currently working with Company B which has filed for my PERM labor on 01/13/09, which is still pending.

My h1 (All six years) expires on 3rd January 2010.

Can my current employer make use of the PERM filed by my earlier employer, to request for a 7th year extension?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute gcgonewild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes provided

your I-140 is approved with your old company as well and has not be revoked.

Consult with your lawyer, you might need to provide a copy of your old labor and 140 approvals.
DC Rally + 2011 DC Advocacy
Labor Applied: June'08
Labor Approved: Jan'09
140 Applied: Jun'09
140 Approved: Jul'09
-------------------

Old 07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light
Default Yes! You need to have the proof of application!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda050325 View Post
I was working with Company A last year and they filed for my PERM labor on 12/24/08, which is still pending.

I am currently working with Company B which has filed for my PERM labor on 01/13/09, which is still pending.

My h1 (All six years) expires on 3rd January 2010.

Can my current employer make use of the PERM filed by my earlier employer, to request for a 7th year extension?
Yes! You can use the previous employer's PERM labor, as long as it's not denied! In your case it is still pending and should not be a problem. But, you have to have some sort of proof that ir was filed atleast one year before your six years of H1 time.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
vrkgali will become famous soon enough vrkgali will become famous soon enough
Default not sure

not sure about perm pending ..

but when I changed employer when I was 8th year extension , the new employer's attorney used the I140 pending status of old employer to get one year extension.

My I140 from old employer is still pending and my attorney is sure that she can still get extension from that.

same thing may be applicable to PERM pending also.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nda050325 will become famous soon enough nda050325 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableching View Post
Yes! You can use the previous employer's PERM labor, as long as it's not denied! In your case it is still pending and should not be a problem. But, you have to have some sort of proof that ir was filed atleast one year before your six years of H1 time.
Hi,
Thank you all for your quick replies.

Cableching,
I have the A # and the filed date. Do I need to request anything else from my earlier employer, as a proof of application?

Please let me know and thanks once again.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

So you guys are saying that if I have an approved I-140 from a prior employer, I could potentially keep gettng 3 year extensions indefinitely?

And I dont even have to work in the same capacity as the original LC? Example - LC filed for a Business Analyst and I-140 approved. Now, assuming I have an employer willing to file an H1, I can keep working in whatever position I want (say IT Director) and its all kosher?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light
Default I am not sure what you need for filing!

Quote:
Hi,
Thank you all for your quick replies.

Cableching,
I have the A # and the filed date. Do I need to request anything else from my earlier employer, as a proof of application?

Please let me know and thanks once again.
I am not sure what you need for filing? Ask your attorney about what he needs for filing an extension?

In pre-PERM days, we used to get a letter from DOL, that could be used for filing as it contained the data of filing.

You may need to get a screenshot of the PERM application from your previous employer or any letter they received from DOL when they filed the PERM labor??

Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default 7th year extension approved

Hi,
My extension has been approved, using the above process.
Just wanted to thank all of you once again.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,
My extension has been approved, using the above process.
Just wanted to thank all of you once again.
this will help others in same situation; very few come back post the status