Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GcSTART1 is on a distinguished road
Default Experince for PERM

Hi all,
I am new to this form so hello every one. I need some information about the experience validation for PERM processing. Is experience before bachelors can be considered?
I have around 3 years of experince in emdedded systems while I was doing my Enginnering in electronics.
I have 3 years experience after I did my bachelors.

I am in a job that requires 5 years of experince + bachelors , but i do have masters in US , but the job does not require it! .
Please post your comments and suggestions
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future
Default Its based on job requirements

PERM is based on what the company needs. So your organization will look at the open position and decide what are the minimum requirements/ qualifications needed to fill this position. So in case it says BS is fine for qualification then you having MS does give you an edge but since it is not mandatory DOL will not consider your MS. To answer your other question I think when your company asks for 5 years experience DOL will interpret it as 5 years full time experience after attaining the requisite qualification (ie. BS degree) So your part time experience or internship might not be considered in your favour. This is my interpretation and you can speak to a qualified attorney before making any decision
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default RE:Its based on job requirements

Thanks for your reply , but wouldnt it be this
1. The employers wants to hire BS+5 which is equated to masters by DOL, on the employers they presume they need one with advanced degree
2. I already have a masters degree + 3 years exp, even though they disregard the 3 years of exp before bachelors.
If i still apply for eb2 what woukld be the risk

Last edited by GcSTART1; 07-01-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: 7

Old 07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Its a little complex. You can download the PERM application form and check. It has number of questions like Minimum Qualification needed? Field of Study? Is Work experience mandatory? Can person with alternate field education be considered? etc.

Plus for EB2 / EB3 consideration it is mostly based on Job designation, Responsiblity and salary offered. Along with Company's finacial ability. So the best person to answe all this will be your immigration lawyer who can evaluate the requirements and recommend you if it can pass as EB2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GcSTART1 View Post
Thanks for your reply , but wouldnt it be this
1. The employers wants to hire BS+5 which is equated to masters by DOL, on the employers they presume they need one with advanced degree
2. I already have a masters degree + 3 years exp, even though they disregard the 3 years of exp before bachelors.
If i still apply for eb2 what woukld be the risk
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks a lot Rock Star

Thanks for your reply rockstart I appreciate, I checked with
1. wages are right
2. its a good finacial firm pays me well as per the rules
3. the Job requirement is BS+5 as i said before , The i have read in Immigration voice that it eb2 needs progressive experince of 5 years POST bachelors , but the problem is how if i can validate my experince of 3 years prior to graduation and 3 years after gardution to equate to the job requirement. to fall in EB2 (I have masters here but job req doesnt need it )
I just want to know if any body here had similar problem