Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts
Default Perm Filed on Jun 4th 08 but not approved yet

HI,

My company filed my Perm on Jun 4th 08 but it is not yet approved. My H1B is in its 6th year and will end in July 09. I was wondering if I would get an extension , even if my Perm gets denied for some reason.

I just want to prepare for the worst case. Can any one please help with some information.

What are my options to get a H1B extension.

Thank you,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssksubash View Post
HI,

My company filed my Perm on Jun 4th 08 but it is not yet approved. My H1B is in its 6th year and will end in July 09. I was wondering if I would get an extension , even if my Perm gets denied for some reason.

I just want to prepare for the worst case. Can any one please help with some information.

Thank you,
dont worry..it took my frnd almost 4 months

Old 09-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future

EDIT (correction) - from this link: http://thevisabulletin.com/2008/7th-...scis-guidance/

Question 2. How early can a request for an H-1B extension beyond the 6th year be filed?
Answer: The April 24, 2003 guidance memorandum is modified in the following manner: a petitioner must establish that the above criteria (see Question 1 outlining requirements under Section 106(a)) were or will be met either on or before the requested start date on the H-1B extension application. Thus, an alien is eligible for an extension of H-1B status beyond the 6th year as long as either the qualifying labor certification application or I-140 petition has or will have been pending for at least 365 days prior to the alien’s requested start date, regardless of whether the H-1B extension application was filed prior to the passage of such period If the alien would no longer be in H-1B status at the time that 365 days from the filing of the labor certification application or immigrant petition has run, thus leaving a gap in valid status, then the extension of stay request cannot be granted.

Last edited by windycloud; 09-29-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2012
Compare
bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PERM approvals are taking some time

Hi,

Don't fret about the PERM time lines. It can take anywhere from 1 month to more than 6 months (for Fragomen clients) for PERM approvals/denials. Mine was filed in May and I also had to reply to an audit.

In your case because your PERM was applied more than 365 days before your 6th year H1 expires, even if you PERM approval doesn't come until Jun 09, your employer can file for a 1 year extension.

Now, I am not very sure about this scenario in case of a PERM denial. Maybe someone else can comment on that one.

Thanks.

Northern California State Chapter

Old 09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts ssksubash is infamous around these parts

Thank you all for your suggestions. I was wondering if some one had more info in case the perm gets denied.

Thanks,

Old 09-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice
Default Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgoli007 View Post
Hi,
Don't fret about the PERM time lines. It can take anywhere from 1 month to more than 6 months (for Fragomen clients) for PERM approvals/denials. .
Mine is rotting in Atlanta since last Nov.. courtesy Fragomen..

Good Luck

Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ScratchingHead is infamous around these parts ScratchingHead is infamous around these parts ScratchingHead is infamous around these parts ScratchingHead is infamous around these parts ScratchingHead is infamous around these parts ScratchingHead is infamous around these parts ScratchingHead is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssksubash View Post
HI,

Thank you,
If your PERM is pending when the time comes for H1 extension, you can apply for a 1 year 7th year H1 extension, based of pending Labor and waiting more then 365 days.

If you PERM is denied. And you have neared the time of expiry of current H1, then its not possible to apply for H1 7th year extension. Because there is no grounds for extension.

Options:
1)Change the status from H1 to F1 or B1, until the time your PERM is approved, then come back to H1.
2) Go to your home country and return after 365, but you would be subjected to quota.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saddaypally is on a distinguished road
Question Shortly into 6th year H1B - Unapproved Labor (Curtosey Fragomen)

Hi All, I am on my H1B on the verge of my 5th year's expiration, in 3 weeks. My Labor was applied with Jan 2008 priority date and my Fragomen Attorney mentioned that as long as the labor was applied before the 5th year on H1B, I should be able to get 1 year extensions until my Labor gets approved. The issue is what happens if my Labor application gets screwed for some reason? I wouldn't be able to get extensions on H1B andhave to return home. To alleviate that situation, I was wondering if I could apply for another Labor through a 3rd party company as a future employee and depend on it if anything goes wrong with my Labor which is awaiting approval. I just heard from a consulting company that a clause has been added to the rule which permits companies to apply for Labor for candidates on a future employment basis and this would prevent them from applying for such cases. Is it true? I want to know my options to make necessary preperations in either case. Any insight on this issue would be very much helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
Shravan