Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zepheyer is on a distinguished road
Default PERM approved and Move City

Guys,

Any comments are helpful here.

My PERM got approved this month.
I used to work from City A but Moved to City B in December. Now my lawyer says that the PERM is no longer valid because i moved into a different city. He says that i have to ammend the H1B(no big deal) but the PERM has to start all over again.

What are my options here, do i need to move back to City A to keep the PERM valid or do i hve to start it all over again. I can maintain an address in City A for the application purposes.

Thx
Zep
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold

Please update your profile and provide LC filed date, which center, how long it took for approval etc... for us to provide an answer.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zepheyer is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
Lc was filled 18 months ago and it was Atlanta processing

Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold

hi PERM is for GC which is for future employment, which means you will accept that position ONLY if in the future it gets approved. that being said, i dont understand why your attorney wants to start PERM again, ask him more clearly why?

Even if you moved place state now, it does not mean he has to immediately change the stuff for your old PERM application.

Even if he changes it does not mean you lose your labor, so there is something fishy, please try to find out more clearly frm you attorney how your labor is not valid anymore?

Did they file for I-140 ? or did the labor expire after approval?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2011
Compare
braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Check the MSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepheyer View Post
Guys,

I used to work from City A but Moved to City B in December. Now my lawyer says that the PERM is no longer valid because i moved into a different city. He says that i have to ammend the H1B(no big deal) but the PERM has to start all over again.

What are my options here, do i need to move back to City A to keep the PERM valid or do i hve to start it all over again. I can maintain an address in City A for the application purposes.

Thx
Zep
As long as both the cities are in the same MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area), it should not matter. Your PERM is valid.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2006-04-10
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-08-04
Compare
suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Check ETA Form 9089

Hi, As part of PERM, Employer/Lawyer need to submit Form "ETA form 9089" (Application for Permanent Employment Certification).

Please check if multiple site clause is added by your lawyer. In my case this was done, So when i moved from coast to coast, I did not have to redo my PERM.

In my "ETA form 9089", I had the following text on Line 14 ("May be assigned to various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States")

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"

Old 02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Please contribute

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...3597&page=1000 (Contribtuion Campaign - 2009)

Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepheyer View Post
Guys,

Thx
Zep
You will have to do amendment to H1B LCA. PERM is for future employment no need to do the PERM again as long as that future job offer is open and it is valid. ask your lawyer why does s/he want to do PERM again.