Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Imtos is on a distinguished road
Default PERM Questions

Hi,

I am new to this forum/webpage and I am cheking everything out. However, I have some questions that I would like to have an answer for.

1. My company (medium sized consulting firm) filed for my LC on Sep-08, if all goes well, when can I expect to receive LC? My position is non IT.

2. There is a big opportunity for me to move (with the same employeer) to a different city doing the same type of work and the same position. Can I move before my LC is approved? or should I wait until it gets approved?

3. I understand that the GC is prospective (i.e. future looking), so if I move to the other city I would still need to come back to my original city to fullfill my GC application. How long do I need to come back for? is 30 days enough? six months? a year? or can I stay at the new city and just have an alternate address? I don't want to hurt my future citizenship process, that is why I ask.

Thanks much for all your help!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Imtos is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone?

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2012
Compare
bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtos View Post
Hi,

I am new to this forum/webpage and I am cheking everything out. However, I have some questions that I would like to have an answer for.

1. My company (medium sized consulting firm) filed for my LC on Sep-08, if all goes well, when can I expect to receive LC? My position is non IT.

2. There is a big opportunity for me to move (with the same employeer) to a different city doing the same type of work and the same position. Can I move before my LC is approved? or should I wait until it gets approved?

3. I understand that the GC is prospective (i.e. future looking), so if I move to the other city I would still need to come back to my original city to fullfill my GC application. How long do I need to come back for? is 30 days enough? six months? a year? or can I stay at the new city and just have an alternate address? I don't want to hurt my future citizenship process, that is why I ask.

Thanks much for all your help!
Currently a large cases of EB2 cases are audited and hence your chances of a quick approval for EB2 are slimmer as compared to a EB3 PERM application.

Timelines are anywhere from a few months to 15 months or more (in certain cases) for EB2.

Your lawyer who filed for the Labor will be the best person to advise you on the move because if the job location changes in most cases it might require changes to the LCA application. Again your lawyer can best advise you on this.

I don't know the answer for your third question but I know that it will be a lonnnnnnng time before you have to worry about that :-)

Northern California State Chapter