Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mithas72 is on a distinguished road
Default Attorney Info please

Hi Zanyguy,

I am a BCom from Pakistan (which is 2 year program unlike India) and CA from Institute of CA in Pakistan. I am also a Cost and Management Accountant (Pak), CIA(USA) and CISA(USA). Have over 15 years of Internal Audit experience. I am in Texas as a TN dependent but have a prospective employer willing to hire me and sponsor EB2 for me.

Reading your success story with a happy ending, I feel confident in applying for GC under EB2 category. My employer is very flexible. However, attorneys I have discussed so far are not confident of EB2 in my case.

Need an experienced attorney who can file EB2 in my case. Would you mind sharing the attorney you hired and successfully got GC.

Thanks a lot for helping and congratulations and best luck on successful life.

Email : mithas1972@gmail.com
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zanyguy can only hope to improve

We had worked with Murthy Law Firm. In their initial 15-minute consultation, which you can book from their website, they should be able to go through the details of your case with an experienced GC attorney and tell you what your chances of success are (I was given 50-50 chances).

Wish you all the best!

Old 12-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank you so much for helping.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanyguy View Post
We had worked with Murthy Law Firm. In their initial 15-minute consultation, which you can book from their website, they should be able to go through the details of your case with an experienced GC attorney and tell you what your chances of success are (I was given 50-50 chances).

Wish you all the best!
Hi Zanyguy,

So I have finally got a sponsor but not sure who to hire. I am thinking Murthy as they were able to do so for you. How much was their 15 min consultation for as I might get that before hiring them.

May I ask the name of attorney who worked with you? Did they send EDGE document to USCIS? Who did you get credential evaluation done by and what was your B Com + CA equivalent to. How did your employment letters looked like i.e. just the dates you worked and title or also included summary of job description? I am seeking your help as yours is very similar to mine and do not want to re-invent the wheel here or miss anything obvious.
Would appreciate your assistance here. If you are not comfortable responding through this site than I can give you my email. Please let me know as it is very important for and who else can better understand that than you.

Thanks a zillion for showing me the path.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hi again,

I was talking to one of the lawyers about EDGE and she said it could be used for my EB2 but needed to see the date EDGE started recognizing CA (Pak) as equal to US Bachelor. She said that it is important to see if I passed CA before that date or after. After is good but before is a bit weak one but could be defended.

Would you know when EDGE started accepting CA from India. When did you pass your CA?

Was your AACRAO evaluation very detailed i.e. mentioning high school grades and subjects also? What did you mean when you mentioned in your first post that Having good academic record helps? Does USCIS consider at that too for EB2?

Thanks

Sohail

Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zanyguy can only hope to improve

Hi Mithas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithas72 View Post
So I have finally got a sponsor but not sure who to hire. I am thinking Murthy as they were able to do so for you. How much was their 15 min consultation for as I might get that before hiring them.
Their rates are available on their website: Hire Us Murthy Law Firm : U.S. Immigration Law

Quote:
May I ask the name of attorney who worked with you? Did they send EDGE document to USCIS? Who did you get credential evaluation done by and what was your B Com + CA equivalent to. How did your employment letters looked like i.e. just the dates you worked and title or also included summary of job description?
I don't think the individual attorney matters, as they share the learning and processes across the firm.

My credential evaluation was done by AACRAO EDGE: AACRAO Edge which I believe is the only credential evaluation that the USCIS accepts. Yes, I am sure they sent the EDGE credential evaluation to the USCIS as that is the only basis of equating the degree to a US Bachelors degree. The exact equivalency text I have already posted on this post previously so please go thru the previous posts in entirety to understand.

The employment letters were completely detailed, including detailed job description and technologies worked on.

Quote:
I was talking to one of the lawyers about EDGE and she said it could be used for my EB2 but needed to see the date EDGE started recognizing CA (Pak) as equal to US Bachelor. She said that it is important to see if I passed CA before that date or after. After is good but before is a bit weak one but could be defended.

Would you know when EDGE started accepting CA from India. When did you pass your CA?

Was your AACRAO evaluation very detailed i.e. mentioning high school grades and subjects also? What did you mean when you mentioned in your first post that Having good academic record helps? Does USCIS consider at that too for EB2?
I think this is misinformation. I don't think the graduation dates should matter at all. In any case I had passed CA back in 2000 and I am not sure when EDGE started equating it to Bachelors. If the lawyer has a subscription they should be able to confirm.

I had provided all my Junior College, Bachelors and CA marksheets (i.e. post-10th grade onwards) along with degree certificates. In the AACRAO edge report they did mention the % achieved, and equate it to superior in case of First Class (B Com) and above average in case of Pass (CA), although I'd say vice-versa ;-)

Sensing your confusion at this stage, I feel you'd be well served by the Murthy consultation. If you decide to go with them, they even apply that money to your GC case.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thank you so much

Thank you so much Zanyguy. I think will go with your advice and consult Murthy.

Any preferences? Sheela Murthy or anyone? Were all your discussions with attorney through phone or you got to meet them personally?

Did they help on writing JD for the job and recruitment (advertisements etc.) or you did it on your own?

Thanks again for helping. If EB2 is accepted I am hoping the process to be over in 18-20 months.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hi Zanyguy,

Long time since I have asked you a question. Would you mind if I do?

I have finally started the PERM process which is towards the end of stage one i.e. advertisements. My attorney started with EB2 and now she is of view that based on my CA it will not be considered EB2 and hence should be filed as EB3. I am pissed.

Wondering if you are able to share the job description submitted to DOL and USCIS showing requirements for your job so I am able to ask her to draft it accordingly (though first will convince her using your example and EDGE equivalency).

Could you please share anything which helps me convince her and also helps us argue our case. Would be really appreciative of your help here. If you need to connect privately my email is : mithas1972@gmail.com

Thanks again

Old 04-03-2015, 01:09 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PATEL4NILESH is on a distinguished road
Default Nilesh from india

Dear,

In EB-2 visa job offer compulsory or not

Old 03-16-2016, 06:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SRK7 is on a distinguished road
Default EB2 I 140 with India B.com, CA

Hi Zanyguy,

Hearty Congratulations on your GC with EB2. Currently my employer process my labor in Eb2 and in the process of applying I 140 in Premium process. Got Education evaluation from The Thrustforte corporation (EDGE) saying that its equivalent to Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. I found few denials from Nebraska Service Center and 1 approvals from Texas Service Center for similar education background. Please let me know from which center you got your I 140 approvals.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,
SRK7

Old 03-17-2016, 02:31 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ravik904 is on a distinguished road
Default EB2 for Indian Chartered Accountants

Hi Zanyguy,

First of all thank you for sharing your success story and willing to help fellow IV members, my hearty congratulations on your getting GC.

I've been on this boat for long time now with EB3, my attorney (two renowned attorney not affiliated with employer) ruled out possibilities to apply for EB2 since my B.Com degree was based on 3 years and not 4 years. Although I have EDGE Education evaluation from THE TRUSTFORTE Corporation as Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and United States Certified Public Accountant.

Would it be possible to get details of your attorney and kind of education evaluation report that may work so we may also try our luck.

Thanks and Regards
Ravi

Old 03-17-2016, 02:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
: