Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Encrypted is on a distinguished road
Default Job Description for PERM process

Hi Everyone,

I have been working for company A (a large company) for the past two years, soon after I graduated from college. I currently hold an H1b and company A is trying to file for PERM for EB3.

As I understand from what the lawyer told us, we need to file PERM using for the job they expect me to have in the next 3-5 years. And have to prove that I was eligible for that job when I first joined the company.

I was not eligible for a managerial job when I got out of college, nor am I currently eligible for it, but I would be in the next 2 years or so. According to the lawyer, we cannot count the experience that I have had in the company A in the last two years.

My manager is willing to make the job description more open ended but there is no way (according to me) where we can make believable requirements for a managerial position to be same as possessed by fresh college graduate. It seems unreasonable that a foreign national needs to be stronger than a US citizen 5 years in advance. Is there a way that we can make this case stronger?

I am new to this form and would appreciate if someone can shed some light on my situation

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote