Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willswins@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Previous Company not willing to give Expe letter for GC

Hi,

I am in a situation and need some advice. I worked with a company-A for 2 years and 6 months back moved to a new company-B. Company-B is filing GC for me since I only have 1 year left in my H1B. I contacted my manager in company-A to give me an attested experience letter on a plain paper. Company-A recently laid off many of its employees and previous manager from company-A is scared to give the experience letter. He also convinced other team mates NOT to give me the same letter. What option do I have next to proceed ?

Thanks,

WInny Wilson
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2015, 02:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willswins@gmail.com View Post
Hi,

I am in a situation and need some advice. I worked with a company-A for 2 years and 6 months back moved to a new company-B. Company-B is filing GC for me since I only have 1 year left in my H1B. I contacted my manager in company-A to give me an attested experience letter on a plain paper. Company-A recently laid off many of its employees and previous manager from company-A is scared to give the experience letter. He also convinced other team mates NOT to give me the same letter. What option do I have next to proceed ?

Thanks,

WInny Wilson
Can you check with company's HR to confirm your employment dates with the company ? I am not sure why your old manager is scared to give a letter ?? This is nothing out of normal. They are just stating truth on a piece of paper.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willswins@gmail.com View Post
Hi,

Thanks,

WInny Wilson
In worst case, Paystubs and/OR W2 from company A can be used to prove employment duration and being "in-status".
HTH
GCCovet

Old 08-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, you don't need to worry.
1. Company's HR department should be able to provide you a letter verifying your experience.
2. If not, any former colleague should be able to do that. That person need not be employed with the same company to write the letter.
3. You have W2 and pay-stubs as the last option. However i don't see a need to go to that extent. If you haven't tried #1 first, do it so. Even if you relations were strained, writing an email requesting the letter should not be an issue.